• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic to ship into 2018. More NES Classic will release in 2018.

Papacheeks

Banned
Ha!

I bet this is because they need more units to sell to offset not having enough units for switch for Holiday season going into Next year because of Shortage issues with Component supplier.

Get ready for Nintendo to have more SNES classics than switches this Holiday and going into 2018.

nelo_inc

Great news.Already have a NES mini, but since i paid more 10€ for my SNES mini pre-order, might just cancelled it.

Now to see prices for the NES mini to drop!

My heart skipped a beat and thought the SNES Classic was delayed into 2018.

Great news, wonder if the NES Classic will be available in Quebec for this new batch.

Good on Nintendo, but it's still baffling that it took them this long to react and that they've not been more communicative on the subject. By this time, I'm sure a lot of people have taken a hit and spent ridiculous amounts of money to scalpers.

Good on Nintendo, but it's still baffling that it took them this long to react and that they've not been more communicative on the subject. By this time, I'm sure a lot of people have taken a hit and spent ridiculous amounts of money to scalpers.
maxresdefault.jpg

entremet

Awesome news! I really wonder what led Nintendo to this decision though.

I'm guessing finally getting through the thick skulls of their ancient board of directors.

Ppl blame Reggie, but Reggie doesn't set manufacturing allotment. He's just a PR guy.

I wouldn't be worried at all if I were a scalper...shipping into 2018 won't mean much unless they are shipping lots and lots. I hope they do, but paint me pessimistic for now.

Great news. I can't wait to get my hands on a NES Classic. My wife and I have been wanting one for nostalgia, and we don't care for the SNES (never had one). But if the supply is there, and it's a fair price, I'll pick up both.

Spacebar

Glad to hear there is more stock than anticipated. I've got multiple pre orders with wal mart, Amazon, and a GameStop bundle. I'll only return the GameStop bundle and sell the others to friends at cost.

Ppl blame Reggie, but Reggie doesn't set manufacturing allotment. He's just a PR guy.

Financial Times said:
“I’m going to make millions of these units to flow into the marketplace,” Mr Fils-Aimé said. “But what I don't know is what the demand is going to be. And there is a potential that demand is going to outstrip supply.”

It sounds like he's making Switches with his own hands.

nelo_inc

Nintendo finally listens, now about the cable length on the controller..

Will they make more controllers? I would get another one.

Kilau

Gold Member
This is good news. I can give my preorder system to my sister for Christmas since we played so much SNES together she will love it. I can pick up one for myself later :)

dmr87

Don't know why they need to wait until summer 2018 to release something they've already sold before. It's a primitive system so can't be difficult to produce.

I guess the answer is simply Nintendo.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm sure Nintendo will still undership both consoles and all this will do is give scalpers more stock to put on ebay for 10 times the MSRP.

Sweet, I've been wanting to get them but not enough to be on pre-order watch or pay some scalper
If they become easily available at retail price then I'll pick up both

Wadiwasi

Banned
Glad I saw this news today, was about to post in the other SNES thread last night about how disappointed I was with the way Nintendo handled these two launches because they seem like perfect gifts for me and my brother to get our kids so they can see what their dad's grew up playing with the look and feel of the controller, console and all.

At least they are listening somewhat, that makes me happy. Hopefully this time I'll be able to walk into a store and buy one off of the shelf.

Bladelaw

Man after the Wal-mart pre-order fuck up I'd about given up hope. If I see one on a shelf I'll grab it, otherwise I'm not going to kill myself to get one.

Fox Mulder

Won't believe it until I see it. I don't trust anything Nintendo says.

I never saw a NES classic and already accepted that I wasnt getting a snes classic.

Ex-Psych

So Nintendo is now juggling 4 systems, 2 in feverish demand, 1 still not readily available in its strongest markets, and 1 still selling and just recently released a new revision.

That's a lot on the plate. Good Luck.

Tarry

Is there any difference between the PAL and the NA SNES Mini?

One is the ugly NA design and the other is the superior PAL design. They are functionally identical otherwise aside from the SNES controller having concave buttons on the NA design.

Part of the appeal was the scarcity of the product. Funny how that works...

Lol

Flood the market Nintendo, maybe I'll actually be able to get an nes classic
I'll believe Nintendo of America if you can buy it off their website, until then I'll be skeptical

Make the nes controller cord long af please

Don't know why they need to wait until summer 2018 to release something they've already sold before. It's a primitive system so can't be difficult to produce.

I guess the answer is simply Nintendo.

They don't want to release the SNES Classic and re-release the NES Classic too close to each other.

Carlisle

I gotta admit, I had no interest in the NES Classic (cause I'd already bought the games I wanted multiple times on multiple VCs) until I somehow got a hold of a SNES Classic preorder. Then suddenly I needed to complete the impossible-to-find collection.

Now I'm like eh...

Still gonna get a NES when the stock refreshes tho

KingBroly

Banned

eh...I dunno about that. I think people wanted a nice little roku-like thing for NES games.

I just wish you could download more games to it and tie it to a Nintendo account so you could play them on Switch

Still waiting on Virtual Console, Nintendo.

DVCY201

One is the ugly NA design and the other is the superior PAL design. They are functionally identical otherwise aside from the SNES controller having concave buttons on the NA design.

Cool. I was wondering if they were doing 50Hz and 60Hz again lol. I'll try to grab a PAL one then, looks nicer

bumclot

Yep, that about lines up with what I thought, glad I'm not feeling beetroot red about now for wishing death upon someone because I suspected they might have been lying.

There is going to be crow eaten again I feel about a Nintendo thing because some people are too emotionally invested and think before they say things.

Glad these Nintendo are listening and these should be easier to find, I hope everyone who wants one gets one! :)

Lol, you really just can't get over that Reggie thread,huh?

I hope now everyone who wants a SNES Classic can get one. It'll make me feel a lot better about modding mine to play NBA Jam. Boom shakalaka!

sikkinixx

Good to hear. I'm still hesitant to cancel my amazon.de order despite having a best buy one as I really don't trust Nintendo at this point. Will it ever be at the point where I can just walk into a store to snag one or will it remain a lottery every time the stores refresh their stock for another year?

Top Bottom