• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blacklist - Mondays 10/9c on NBC

He took that pic of the kid for a reason, I think...

But ya, Spader owns this shit.

Also can we stop pulling Break The Cutie on Lizzy already? Also why is she getting on Reddington for executing a dude who murdered like 300+ people?
I don't think he ever murdered anyone? But yeah agreed. She shouldn't care.

Krakn3Dfx

Great episode, this is the best new show this season by far.

Don't have much use for her, but Spader saves it.

Picture was of a woman, wondering if it was her mom.

Watched eps 1 and 2 last night and I have to say it's pretty damn good. Much better than I thought it would, mostly thanks to Spader's excellent performance.

Looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds. And Spader is totes Lizzy's dad or knew her dad in some capacity...

Maddocks

Finally watched the latest episode. I'm going to say that it was his kid that the stew maker took care of and he is now taking care of liz because of some sort of loyalty to her parents some how.

He did talk about a farmer and how everything he knew and loved in his life was taken away one day and he became a person who started bringing darkness into the world out of revenge. I took that as him telling him his story of what he has become, a CIA man through and through and then a tragic event happened and now hes the man who leaves farms burned and destroyed and him bringing people to justice on the blacklist is his way of bringing his humanity back in some way.

oh fuck this was my favorite episode by far.
Love how creepy the stewmaker was, hope there more like him.
And I do wonder who the picture of the girl is though? His daughter/lover maybe?
Anyway this episode convince me to stick with this show until end of the season.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Another great episode, I'm absolutely loving this show.

Wow, Spader is just amazing in the latest episode. That speech he gives at the end is just... WOW!

The FBI incompetence still bugs me, and I still think Spader and the ongoing mystery is what saves the show more than anything.

Wow, Spader is just amazing in the latest episode. That speech he gives at the end is just... WOW!

The FBI incompetence still bugs me, and I still think Spader and the ongoing mystery is what saves the show more than anything.

seriously that the worst part of the show. They really need to fix that and make Elizabeth more of a rookie.

Honestly if it wasn't for Spader I would had drop the show already.

Tamanon

Banned
That's one place to hide it.

Ewwwwwwwwww

Not sure how the FBI wouldn't notice it when inspecting his wounds though.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Ultron is just damn badass in this show, and I loved all of the villains thus far. Knepper plays a mean dude well. Will he outcreep Tom Noonan?

Tamanon

Banned
Man, the FBI really is pretty dumb, leaving a man who can't feel pain and already is known to have things hidden inside his body alone in the back of a van.

Tamanon

Banned
Huh, so Reddington does have an adversary. Good we're starting to see some progress on that front.

That's a pretty big "We need to talk" revelation.

aparisi2274

So I assume that the entire adoption is a ruse setup by her "husband"

That video she found a few eps back of him giving a testimonial on why they would make a great couple is probably a setup to keep her thinking that he is an avg joe.

Now that the cat is out of bag, can't wait to see how he fits into everything, and if the villain in next week's episode is really his lover.

damn really love the creepy villains, hope there more
I hope that Reddington adversary and him are both equally evil instead of one of them being plain evil just for the sake of being evil

Sulik2

I watched the first three episodes of this last night. Wow! What have I been missing? This show is fantastic. Spader is killing it and the action sequences are excellent. That shootout on the bridge in the pilot was amazing for TV. Excellent twists and interesting characters so far.

meh found this week episode really weak. "Hate the he was found innocent but then founded out he was actually a spy in later episode" shit.
Would prefer if he was found out this episode then has Elizabeth spend the rest of season figure out who her husband really is.

pariah164

I wanna know who the fuck is
spying on Lizzie and her husband. Also, what angle is Reddington trying to play here? Does he know Lizzie's father? IS he Lizzie's father? Is Tom really innocent?

More questions than answers, but I still liked it. Not as much as the past couple of episodes, but still good.

Ripclawe

Banned
I don't think Tom is innocent because that would mean Red is playing a really really long con that has to break exactly right for it to work. It would make no sense.

pariah164

I don't think Tom is innocent because that would mean Red is playing a really really long con that has to break exactly right for it to work. It would make no sense.
Wouldn't it? Red has the savvy to make a really long con work. If it is, it's bloody brilliant.

Kind of liked what I saw so far of this show (up through stewmaker ep) but my god the main actress is terrible. She has basically one look and no range.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Tom is definitely not innocent, hopefully he turns out to be some psychopath murderer or something. "Oh I can't believe I slept with that monster".... I can see it now.

I love this show a little more every week, so good.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Tom is most definitely not innocent. I don't know how just yet, but he is definitely not innocent.

Also, the people interviewing Tom and Gina (or whatever that last woman's name was) have got to be the most incompetent government employees ever. Liz asks her if she's ever seen the man whose picture was found next to her bed, she says nope, and they're all like, "Well that's good enough for me!" Then after interviewing Tom they drag him out through the area where they have all their classified information hanging on walls. You'd think they would have him use some nondescript hallways with no confidential information, but no they walk him right up through the nerve center of their operation. Solid job guys.

Cardon

Dirty bomb? No problem, just dump it in the harbor and contaminate the harbor.

Yeah, this kind of surprised me. Wouldn't that entire harbor and perhaps the surrounding region be contaminated for hundreds of years? I know that this is a silly thriller show and all, but that finale did seem to gloss over a rather big situation.

K-19

Banned
The main character is so badly interpreted. When will she see that the logos on the boxes are the same that the one on her arm? c'mon!

Yeah, this kind of surprised me. Wouldn't that entire harbor and perhaps the surrounding region be contaminated for hundreds of years? I know that this is a silly thriller show and all, but that finale did seem to gloss over a rather big situation.

From some guy in the TV Club's comment section:

Physicist here. There were a lot of things wrong with this episode, but the science wasn't really the main problem. Water is actually a fantastic way to cut radiation levels and stop a plume of radioactivity. The principle in shielding is known as the "halving thickness": for water, it means that every 18cm of water between you and the radioactive source cuts the radiation level in half. To my eye, the bomb (in the car's engine block) sank about 5 meters before detonation; that means the radiation level at the surface was roughly 4 billionths as strong as it would have been sitting on the dock. Cobalt-60 is pretty nasty stuff, but I'm glad they at least had the decency to push it in the water than repeat the "cut the red wire" scene from the pilot.

tl;dr: Water would actually be quite effective at stopping the radiation. Still probably wouldn't stand too close.

Awesome episode and a great new show. Spader is a fantastic actor and plays the role really well. Not so sure on the main girl but i do like this .

The main character is so badly interpreted. When will she see that the logos on the boxes are the same that the one on her arm? c'mon!

I've been wondering why this hasn't been mentioned the entire time. I actually thought she knew about it because I thought she was rubbing it while looking at the box, but maybe I'm wrong.

The box's emblem and the second box(the woman's) seemed to get ignored completely. It's like they're going out of their way to ignore it until they feel like moving forward with it and it makes the character's seem stupid.

So the husband, Tom, is lying right?

I can't believe she believed that bs that the stuff in the box was not his.

It's like he knew he was screwed but had to keep denying it and stick to his story.

Top Bottom