• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tango Gameworks' new website, office move, Mikami message and recruitment campaign

sphinx

the piano man
I love how there are plenty of TEW fans everywhere, it got sooo much hate upon release and the months thereafter. Threads were opened to express disgust.

Chapter 2 on Akumu... the most thrilling, nail-biting gaming episode in a horror game I've played since REmake on gamecube.

Neiteio

There you go boss!

ViYpwEy.jpg
Yesssssssss

Thank you!!

From the sounds of it, it seems they would like to have several projects going at once. However, he also mentioned AAA games, so perhaps they'll work on both big and small projects simultaneously? Also, I got the sense that Mikami is taking on the role of mentor/manager rather than direction new projects. We'll see though!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What are the chances they'll let him do what he wants?

Or will they shackle him Konami-style?

ZeniMax is a boutique vendor that generally appreciates more unique products, but is also one that is financially minded and wants to make sure it's a boutique product they can get behind.

They requested several changes for The Evil Within such as turning it from a co-op title to a singleplayer game and changing some of the thematics, but it's still clearly within the realm of what they wanted to make. That said, I note a lot of the job postings are asking for networking and multiplayer experience so I suspect Mikami is getting back to some of those ideas now that he proved the new studio could successfully ship a title. They do seem to give studios more rope as they prove themselves out.

I don't think they're especially ridiculous as far as publishers go, at least in 2016. Their prior history is more spotty.

Was so disappointed by TEW, especially on a technical level. Bought that game day 1 and was pretty pissed off with the performance, so at this point I feel like I'll have to wait for reactions before I buy another game from Tango.

ZeniMax is a boutique vendor that generally appreciates more unique products, but is also one that is financially minded and wants to make sure it's a boutique product they can get behind.

Yeah I don't really like some of their business practices (like the Prey situation) but I really love that they seem to have had been able successfully launch TEW, Dishonored, and Wolfenstein in recent years. They all feel a bit out of the wheel house of what most publishers would consider to be highly marketable.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Also, they are now located on a floor in the same building as Zenimax Japan.

Actually they have been there for a while now, in Tamachi. Its just they didnt bother to update the webpage in a long ass time from their old Odaiba location.

They requested several changes for The Evil Within such as turning it from a co-op title to a singleplayer game and changing some of the thematics, but it's still clearly within the realm of what they wanted to make. That said, I note a lot of the job postings are asking for networking and multiplayer experience so I suspect Mikami is getting back to some of those ideas now that he proved the new studio could successfully ship a title. They do seem to give studios more rope as they prove themselves out.

I don't think they're especially ridiculous as far as publishers go, at least in 2016. Their prior history is more spotty.

So we can expect TEW2 or whatever to be even more like RE5/6 then?

Kazuhira

Pretty excited about this,i hope is TEW2 but if mikami wants to do something different then fine by me.
A spiritual succesor of god hand would be awesome.

so1337

I love how there are plenty of TEW fans everywhere, it got sooo much hate upon release and the months thereafter. Threads were opened to express disgust.

Chapter 2 on Akumu... the most thrilling, nail-biting gaming episode in a horror game I've played since REmake on gamecube.
I don't get the hate for TEW. It's seriously a masterpiece.

He already considered TEW a failure not meeting his company goals, the ones which he is now reiterating in the writing on the page (which is probably why it felt so loveless for a Mikami game). So them making TEW2 would be pretty sad, unless it's an entirely different thing than 1.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Vanquished Evil

Those robotic Russian zombies are at it again and this time Pam Pideon doesn't have any backup! Survive alone on an infested colony overrun with untold horrors armed only with your guts and a prototype rocket suit!

kiri

Actually they have been there for a while now, in Tamachi. Its just they didnt bother to update the webpage in a long ass time from their old Odaiba location.

It's like no-one bothered reading my post from earlier on up the page or something :/

GrayChild

Gold Member
The best case scenario for them would be to work on TEW2 as well as an entirely new IP now they have increased the number of their staff.

Mifec

TEW2 with the actual Sebastian from the journals you collect not the husk you played in the game and having the other voice actors be on Ruvik's level (not that he was impressive, just better than the rest) and an actual story before chap 11.

Controls were fine, level design was fine.

kiri

Sorry to bump an old thread, just got some news on the grapevine.

Sequel/new game from Tango post The Evil Within will not feature at E3. The team is most likely targeting TGS2016 at the moment it seems. Planning stage finished a few months back and now in the process of early to mid development.

Regarding Bethesda as a whole, I'm hearing talks of Skyrim coming this E3 as a possible remaster with mods for consoles.

Sorry to bump an old thread, just got some news on the grapevine.

Sequel/new game from Tango post The Evil Within will not feature at E3. The team is most likely targeting TGS2016 at the moment it seems. Planning stage finished a few months back and now in the process of early to mid development.

Regarding Bethesda as a whole, I'm hearing talks of Skyrim coming this E3 as a possible remaster with mods for consoles.

This year seems too early in general. Its only been a year and a half since TEW.

ArjanN

The Evil Within had serious identity crisis issues. Be Silent Hill or be RE4. You can't be both.

Honestly I think you probably canmake something in the middle of those games or that just has elements of both, but I think it's more that Evil Within's execution wasn't perfect.

Honestly I think you probably canmake something in the middle of those games or that just has elements of both, but I think it's more that Evil Within's execution wasn't perfect.

You definitely can both, and even later RE games try to be this at times. It's just needs to be executed well.

Top Bottom