• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of Independent, Limited and Region Specific Retail Releases

Was looking through old Wii U games to see what I missed.

One I noticed that's region specific but not on the list is Mario vs. DK Tipping Stars. According to GameFAQs at least, it got released in EU and JP. *shrug*

Looks to be another "code in a box" release. I'll get it added.

Semoreh

It was removed but, if I recall correctly, around that same time the game then appeared on Amazon.com for both XB1/PS4.

We'll have to see.
I hope you're right :)

Probably just a mistake. If they were open to retail, seems like it would have been in the collector's edition. It's something hopeful though.

I hope you're wrong :(

Ultra Street Fighter II is getting a retail release in Japan, 4990 yen
https://twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/819791724692185088
If my converter isn't broken, that's effing expensive....

I am Setsuna getting physical release in Japan.

uesear0.jpg

do we care about codes-in-a-box? because then there's a few more to list... :)

Been including them if they had an actual disc in another region, but no harm in adding more. I'll just continue to mark them a pseudo-releases so they can be filtered out if so desired.

emb

Been including them if they had an actual disc in another region, but no harm in adding more. I'll just continue to mark them a pseudo-releases so they can be filtered out if so desired.
I think it's nice to have them on there. To me at least, it's good to have that warning not to get tricked into buying something.

Something else I missed from this month is Has-Been Heroes by Frozenbyte and published by GameTrust (GameStop's publishing arm). Looks like we only have North American release info so far.

141821brp.jpg
141822brp.jpg
141704brp.jpg

Semoreh

Some Playstation Talent titles just released physically in Spain, they are all GAME exclusive:

https://www.game.es/playstation-talents

Thought maybe someone was interested.

Thanks !

That's a lot of games at once :eek:
- Dogchild
- Alchemic Joust
- Rolling Bob
- Drawfighters
- Nubla
- Kyurinaga's Revenge
- Way of Redemption
- Mindtaker
- Motor Strike

Frankly I'm not super excited... I've vaguely heard the name "Alchemic Joust" before, but that's the only one. Now I may be pleasantly surprised, I'll check before I give a definitive judgment...

Don't get me wrong, it's cool to see new games going physical, but damn it's getting expensive ^^'

Edit : so far I read Dogchild is actually the biggest game. The other are sometimes fairly obscure.

Megauap

Thanks !

That's a lot of games at once :eek:
- Dogchild
- Alchemic Joust
- Rolling Bob
- Drawfighters
- Nubla
- Kyurinaga's Revenge
- Way of Redemption
- Mindtaker
- Motor Strike

Frankly I'm not super excited... I've vaguely heard the name "Alchemic Joust" before, but that's the only one. Now I may be pleasantly surprised, I'll check before I give a definitive judgment...

Don't get me wrong, it's cool to see new games going physical, but damn it's getting expensive ^^'

Edit : so far I read Dogchild is actually the biggest game. The other are sometimes fairly obscure.

You probably haven't heard of them becasue they are all made in Spain (I believe). And even though I'm from Spain I only knew about 4 of them from going to gaming festivals around here.

Clive

Seems Accel World VS. Sword Art Online will be digital-only in America on both PS4 and Vita but will get a physical release in Europe, only on PS4.

ArmaGallant: Decks of Destiny was released last year in Asia PS4 and is getting a physical release in PAL and NTSC territories this April.

On another note looks like Sublevel Zero: Redux is not getting an Xbox One physical release in any region (articles from last year said otherwise) and Earthlock: Festival of Magic is only getting one in PAL territories. I've since corrected the document.

Semoreh

Would the game be suitable for a home console ?
I played Technika Tune on the Vita and I feel that without the touchscreen it would have been less interesting. Although Xonic seems to have a different gameplay altogether...

FUCKING SERIOUSLY? I'D BUY 50 OF THEM

Even in japanese ? :|
I had never heard of this game before...

Dunno if posted yet but Metro 2033 redux and Last Light redux getting individual releases on PS4 and Xbox One for 19.99 euros each.

So many Metro reprints ^^

My input today :
- The release date of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom is sooner that what's written in your doc. It's now releasing the 7th of March (in one week)
- Micromachines game being released on the ONE/PS4 in the USA as well as in Europe on 4/21/17
- Cladun Returns This is Sengoku on PS4 (5/31/2017) (PAL & NTSC)
- Two more "GAME Spain PS4 Exclusives" : Strikers Edge (2/10/2017) and Baboon! (2/17/2017)

Would the game be suitable for a home console ?
I played Technika Tune on the Vita and I feel that without the touchscreen it would have been less interesting. Although Xonic seems to have a different gameplay altogether...

Even in japanese ? :|
I had never heard of this game before...

So many Metro reprints ^^

My input today :
- The release date of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom is sooner that what's written in your doc. It's now releasing the 7th of March (in one week)
- Micromachines game being released on the ONE/PS4 in the USA as well as in Europe on 4/21/17
- Cladun Returns This is Sengoku on PS4 (5/31/2017) (PAL & NTSC)
- Two more "GAME Spain PS4 Exclusives" : Strikers Edge (2/10/2017) and Baboon! (2/17/2017)

Xonic is fun with both controls. It is one of my favourite rhythm games ever. Dunno how i would play it without touch though. I used a combination of both controls. I also have all 4 region releases of it on Vita.

Intel_89

Since Videogameplus is offering free shipping yet again I'm wondering what are some US retail exclusive PS4 games. I know Dead Rising 1 and 2 are US exclusive and have already grabbed both but I'm sure that there are some others, any help would be appreciated.

mr lurtle

Since Videogameplus is offering free shipping yet again I'm wondering what are some US retail exclusive PS4 games. I know Dead Rising 1 and 2 are US exclusive and have already grabbed both but I'm sure that there are some others, any help would be appreciated.

On top of my head:
Wild Guns Reloaded
Shantae: Half Genie Hero
Exist Archive
Batman Arkham VR
Mega Man Legacy Collection

Intel_89

On top of my head:
Wild Guns Reloaded
Exist Archive
Batman Arkham VR

Out of those, I think the only one available there is Wild Guns, I'll certainly take it into consideration, thanks. I'd love to grab Shantae but the import fees on amazon are too damn high. :(

On top of my head:
Wild Guns Reloaded
Exist Archive
Batman Arkham VR

I was actually missing a couple of those in the doc. Thanks.

Putting a quick filter on the doc (so it might be missing a couple titles) here's what I get.

Atari Flashback Classics Volume 1
Atari Flashback Classics Volume 2
Batman Arkham VR
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
Deponia
Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour
Exist Archive: Other Side of Sky
Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions Evolved
Killing Floor 2
King's Quest: The Complete Collection
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 + Arcade Game Series
Prototype: Biohazard Bundle
Retro City Rampage
Stern Pinball Arcade
Stick it to the Man
Wild Guns: Reloaded

mr lurtle

Deponia
Killing Floor 2
Stick it to the Man
are also available in europe.

Atari Flashback 1 and 2 are listed at base.com for 24.03.2017., so they might come to europe?
Another one that is US retail exclusive so far is Werewolves Within.

Thanks for the thread/list btw!

Deponia
Killing Floor 2
Stick it to the Man

Atari Flashback 1 and 2 are listed at base.com for 24.03.2017., so they might come to europe?

Perfect. I'll get that updated today.

Intel_89

I was actually missing a couple of those in the doc. Thanks.

Putting a quick filter on the doc (so it might be missing a couple titles) here's what I get.

Atari Flashback Classics Volume 1
Atari Flashback Classics Volume 2
Batman Arkham VR
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
Deponia
Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour
Exist Archive: Other Side of Sky
Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions Evolved
Killing Floor 2
King's Quest: The Complete Collection
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 + Arcade Game Series
Prototype: Biohazard Bundle
Retro City Rampage
Stern Pinball Arcade
Stick it to the Man
Wild Guns: Reloaded

Great, thanks for the help. I had no idea that both Pacman and Duke had physical releases. Added both to the list, couldn't find Geometry Wars 3 anywhere though.

Semoreh

Deponia
Killing Floor 2
Stick it to the Man

Didn't know there was a retail Werewolves Within, thanks !

On a sidenote : Exist Archive is to be released in Europe in 2017 if this is to be believed (article in French, quotes an English tweet), . I was THAT close to import it when it went on sales on amazon.com, but then I spotted this piece of info and I've decided to wait.

Saw several copies of Geometry Wars 3 Evolved last night at local Wal-Mart. Didn't realize it wasn't widely released or I would've snagged a copy.

Saw several copies of Geometry Wars 3 Evolved last night at local Wal-Mart. Didn't realize it wasn't widely released or I would've snagged a copy.

It's not that hard to find or anything; the game is just missing from a couple of online US retailers like Amazon.

Degica announced a Dariusburst CS release through Limited Run games.

We also have The Swindle from Limited Run games as well on PS4 and Vita.

Collector's edition for 2Dark on PS4 starting to show up on some PAL retailers. Didn't see an offical announcement but I think it's safe to say it's legit.

C3HJVk4XgAIN_Hu.jpg

Top Bottom