• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie game developer Chloe Sagal attempted suicide on TwitchTV, not dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

It's a pretty fucked situation. If it turns out she did kill herself that's horrible. I don't know much about the funding situation but whatever happened didn't need to lead to this. Hoping everything turns out alright.

The people who posted the comments are fucking terrible.

This is a sad yet stupid situation. Asking money for a surgery for a life threatening condition... And here I was, thinking the US were a developed country.
If your taxes don't do anything for you in times like this, why pay at all?

Coconut

Banned
what a fucking asshole

livestreaming a suicide?

im not condemning her or saying she didnt have issues and it's none of my business, but doing it live is just incredibly bad form for me.

Yeah I'm with you on this, unfortunately it will also open the door to a bunch of copy cats as well.

NateDrake

Sad story. Hopefully she is OK and details of her death are not true.

Our healthcare system is so screwed up to allow a person to suffer like this, as well.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Just to reiterate: Nobody knows is she actually went through with it yet. If someone does know, they're not saying. Sad shit all around regardless, but don't jump to conclusions just yet.

Jeez that is depressing. =[

If it indeed turns out to be true, I hope she found the peace she was looking for. Although streaming it was probably not the most sensible thing...then again, with her mind in that state after a lot of people (in her words) turned her back on her, I'm not surprised she tried to go out with an emotional bang. In all, a really fucked up situation.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy shit this is horrible..

The new age of suicides with the technology we have today. This is crazy.

Jachaos

I don't know if it's more fucked up that she needed to ask for donations just to get surgery to save her life, or that this is happening now.

Deeply sad.

Yeah, really sad. I don't live in such a situation so it's still baffling to me every time, that a life could be saved and the only choice the person sees is to let himself/herself die. Desperate moments and a sad way to end a life.

Wow, so sad if true. Such a horrible story all around.

And suicide isn't some rational process. Streaming it doesn't make her some pathetic attention grabber. It means she had serious issues going on.

Honestly, I can understand how she can lash out like this. She's under constant pain, and it isn't easy to endure. She really isn't in any sound mind to make any huge decisions at the moment.

Hopefully someone stops her before she went with this, that's all I ask.

Also, the rest of you fuckers can shut up and HELP rather than impose judgement on someone literally at the end of the line.

vidcons

Banned
So sad to read this.

And you will get trumped by an admin, "hahaha"

it'd be pretty hilarious if admins condoned live streaming suicide instead of seeking help for someone

whihc, lol, gaf helps people in rough places. sorry i can't call out shitty actions

because i gotta be so sensitive to dead rude people

e: hey, wonder what this dev is up to! oh they're killing themselves, this isn't emotionally scarring. props to those if they got her help but nah, fuck this person.

vareon

My condolences to all the people she left behind. As for her...I can't say anything since I don't follow the events, but I have to say livestreaming your suicide is not a good idea for all the people that know her.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
selfish, stupid, pathetic

yeah, bummer she died. hilarious that league of legends is still more important
Go back to 4chan.

Mephala

hahaha, let me just commit suicide on a videogaming streaming website to get noticed at least enough to satisfy my cravings, even if just for a moment!

still gets trumped by league of legends

One of the most disrespectful posts I've ever read. What the fuck.

sephi22

Strange that Indiegogo would refund donations like that.

Also don't read the comments on her latest youtube video.

now I want to know why her familly did not supported her and why indiegogo canceled her foundraising
She seems like a Transhuman. Perhaps her family didn't approve of her sexuality.

Soulflarz

Banned
Messed up that this type of surgery isn't covered for people. The USA really needs to fix their broken health care system.
Well *apparently* people (reddit) looked around and chances were she wanted a sex change with this money because her story didnt match up at all with her injury and it was a ton more likely (i have NO idea how that conclusion was reached or the evidence, but theres some out there). Thats why her campaign was cancelled by indiegogo

So in the chance of that it wouldnt be US health care

Either way, RIP if true

Edit: ...i dont agree with reddit, i heard this all from other sources using reddit as their source.

cafemomo

What an unfortunate event that (she) had to go through.

But broadcasting your suicide is an idiotic thing to do regardless of your situation, and suicide in general is a selfish and cowardly act.

Regardless thought, if she is still alive and did not commit suicide, then I hope she finds help and more moral support to help guide her through her issues.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I played her game before I even knew who she was. It scared me but I couldn't figure out what to do, but the more I learned about her the more I think it was a personal project for her.

For those who don't know, her game is a 2D game where you play as a girl sickly at home, the power is cut out, and a demented doctor with a blade starts stalking you some random time after the game starts. I didn't get far, but it had some interesting themes.

This makes me really sad for some reason. I didn't really know her or know much about her, but I did like her game. I was interested to see what she'd do next.

Clevinger

My condolences to all the people she left behind. As for her...I can't say anything since I don't follow the events, but I have to say livestreaming your suicide is not a good idea for all the people that know her.

Killing herself is not a good idea for the people she knows. But someone mentally ill enough to do it isn't going to be thinking much about that.

Satchel

Banned
Hopefully there was a Fight Club-esque last minute save from someone who knew her who happened to be watching?

Her death isn't confirmed is it?

Well *apparently* people (reddit) looked around and chances were she wanted a sex change with this money because her story didnt match up at all with her injury and it was a ton more likely (i have NO idea how that conclusion was reached or the evidence, but theres some out there). Thats why her campaign was cancelled by indiegogo

So in the chance of that it wouldnt be US health care

Either way, RIP if true

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to mentions of Reddit's half-assed internet sleuthing being a bannable offense after their handling of Boston.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What an unfortunate event that (she) had to go through.

But broadcasting your suicide is an idiotic thing to do regardless of your situation, and suicide in general is a selfish and cowardly act.

Regardless thought, if she is still alive and did not commit suicide, then I hope she finds help and more moral support to help guide her through her issues.

People need to stop labeling all suicide as selfish/cowardly. There are many people who commit suicide for many reasons with many different mental faculties. Someone acting irrationally/without sound mind can hardly be called selfish for their actions. They don't know what they are doing.

Zukuu

Banned
I hope it remains "allegedly" and turns out to be but a scream for attention and help (that she deserves). I sincerely do.

JABEE

I'm confused. Was the indiegogo/life saving surgery thing a scam?

I don't know. On that forum thread linked in the OP, she talked about how she was a "coward" and how posting some article would expose her. She also said something about wearing a mask and posted an image of a bunch of transgender hate speech from YouTube.

I hope someone was able to inform the authorities to get to her place in time to stop her from doing it. :(

I'm confused. Was the indiegogo/life saving surgery thing a scam?

Yeah I'm a bit confused too by the OP. Is the issue it was a scam leading to this when exposed or it wasn't a scam leading to a loss of hope etc because no money? (Or we don't know)

For that matter, if you had a life threatening issue like this, can you not get fixed up in America without paying?

Our society has failed if people have to resort to asking for donations for life-saving surgery.

now I want to know why her familly did not supported her and why indiegogo canceled her foundraising

Strange that Indiegogo would refund donations like that.

Also don't read the comments on her latest youtube video.

She seems like a Transhuman. Perhaps her family didn't approve of her sexuality.

There were rumors IndieGoGo determined that the metal poisoning story was just a front and the real surgery she was going to have was a sex change operation. I knew nothing about her before this incident, so I'm just going by what I've picked from the net, so that could be completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom