• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Ericsson PSPhone

dude

dude
Totobeni said:
it's not even official thing , anyway SE can make stuff that look better than iphone ya know , like SE's Xperia X1

se-xepria-x1.jpg

sony-ericsson-x1-1.jpg
That doesn't look better than the iPhone Oo

Fusebox

Banned
And they both look shit for gaming.

I swear the Sony mock-up in the OP is the only phone in here that would be good to game on, god knows I've tried so many different handsets. I guess the best one I used so far was the Sony S700, it had a fairly seperated d-pad that swung out so you could access the dial buttons easily for jump/shoot etc. N95, for all its 3D power is just unusable as a games phone.

spwolf

SE will most certainly come out with gaming phones, question is if they will go all out with PSP-compatible phone or will use their brand muscle to build some stupid java games phone with proper pad.

I sure hope they bring us PSP-compatible phone, even if it costs arm and leg...

dude said:
That doesn't look better than the iPhone Oo
i mean i guess if you dont want a qwerty keyboard and a completely closed platform then the iphone might seem better...oh and xperia can take micro sdhc cards which should be affordable in 16gb by summer

wm6 is so versatile that the iphone will always lack in features

I wouldn't mind a PSPhone. Though judging by the thickness of that mock-up, there's probably no UMD.

Downloadable games and movies off PS Store or something then.

KevinCow

Banned
Why don't people think about things like ergonomics when making these mock-ups? I mean I know they're made by fans who aren't experts or anything so I don't expect them to be perfect, but obvious things like, "Hey, here is a ridge that will dig into your thumbs as you play, and here are buttons that will be impossible to use without dropping the fucking system," or on this PSPhone mock-up, "Hey, this analog nub's position is even more shitty than the normal PSP."

bathala

Banned
i will buy PSPhone but not those. fugly and hand cramps.

if sony takes out UMD and just go with mini-memory stick or PSN. PSPhone could be slimmer

spwolf said:
PSP itself is bulky but phone tech is actually not at all. Only question is if they can scale down PSP hardware for the phone, and actually I am pretty sure they can - as Slim is already slimmer than many SE phones like K series and P series.

I love my iPhone for multimedia features and for "homebrew" software, I doubt Sony will ever make it so simple and so well done BUT phone wise, iphone is $10 phone. Every K and W series phone that i saw kick iPhones ass in actual phone features. Shit everything kics iPhone's ass in phone features.

Of course the PSP could be slimmed down into the size of a phone, the only reason why the PSP is still as big as it is is because of the screen and the UMD disc slot. The Ipod Touch is about as powerful as a PSP and it's absolutely tiny!

Top Bottom