• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo switch UK price £279.99

Omikaru

Still waiting on GAME. Would not have bought from them if I wasn't part-funding my system with reward points.

Something tells me they won't be getting a restock next week like Argos and other retailers seem to be. They've said literally nothing about it.

Enelby

Neo Member
Still waiting on GAME. Would not have bought from them if I wasn't part-funding my system with reward points.

Something tells me they won't be getting a restock next week like Argos and other retailers seem to be. They've said literally nothing about it.

Well I still haven't heard ought from either Amazon or Nintendo (both places I've Preordered) yet about the late March / early April restock so we're probably in the same boat.

mossypne

GAME stores seem to be weird. There's neon ones sitting in Preston city centre, yet the one at Deepdale retail park only has enough for the next wave of preorders.

GAME stores seem to be weird. There's neon ones sitting in Preston city centre, yet the one at Deepdale retail park only has enough for the next wave of preorders.

I don't really trust GAME and GAME staff. I have no doubt they are aware of the situation and buy and sell the consoles themselves privately for profit. That's why places like Argos and Toys R Us are usually better.

mossypne

I don't really trust GAME and GAME staff. I have no doubt they are aware if the situation and buy and sell the consoles themselves privately for profit. That's why places like Argos and Toys R Us are usually better.

Unfortunately I have a number of reward points with them, so when I pick one up in May after my exams i'll be going there.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.

My local one has had no re-stock since their launch allocation.

Omikaru

Well I still haven't heard ought from either Amazon or Nintendo (both places I've Preordered) yet about the late March / early April restock so we're probably in the same boat.
Hopefully. Maybe my pre-order will begin processing next week. Hopefully. But who knows? It'd be nice if they communicated with customers about it, because I'm starting to get frustrated.

I don't ever trust their stores to have stock, and I live in Cardiff where there's two stores. They will be doing pre-orders all summer. Their online store seems to be better, mind. I bought my Wii, Wii U and now my Switch from them online, and I've never had a problem. But that was with the old management, mind...

And this is the only dedicated video game chain in the UK. It's pathetic.

They're not the only chain in the UK but still. Plus I'd question if they still have the biggest high Street market share for games.

I don't see why people are moaning. It was easy to get a Switch on launch day even without a pre-order.

Enelby

Neo Member
They're not the only chain in the UK but still. Plus I'd question if they still have the biggest high Street market share for games.

I don't see why people are moaning. It was easy to get a Switch on launch day even without a pre-order.

I'm not moaning myself (too many games to get through currently anyway) but I can see people's frustration if they couldn't afford one on launch and now they can, they can't get one.

I'm not moaning myself (too many games to get through currently anyway) but I can see people's frustration if they couldn't afford one on launch and now they can, they can't get one.

If you really want one you can get hold of it. Most stores have had restocks and I'm sure they will have more very soon, just need to look.

I feel lucky i managed to order one off Nintendo UK a couple days after launch. It came swiftly without any issues. Its crazy how its still in such low stock.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Been flipflopping between getting a pro controller or a second set of joycons. Think I'm going to get a pro controller tomorrow. Played a lot of Zelda yesterday on the TV and split joycons were comfortable but I was getting issues with desync and input issues, so they'll need replacing. Not sure if I'm confident that buying a second set of joycons will fix the issue

Is it down to contacting Nintendo now, or will Amazon replace just the joycons for me?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
At smyths in farnborough and they have several pro controllers in stock in case anyone is looking for one (picking one up)

SteveWD40

As per my comment in the in the stock thread, it's worth checking Argos regularly as my local one had shown as no stock since launch but on Saturday afternoon I checked randomly and they had neons in store (had none that morning anywhere nearby).

It seems to be trickle re-stocking right now.

I'd have posted this sooner but I don't remember my password when I'm at home!

GAME re-stocked on Friday in my area (North West UK)

All Neons.

All went same day

It's going quicker than it can be stocked right now. Crazy

It's not out.

I tried many 7" tablet mounts and only some of them of small enough to fit the Switch.

I ended up buying two mounts, one branded "isynergy" for £8.99 from a Shell petrol station and a second branded "iKit" or "Kit" for £14.99 from Argos (which I will be returning)

Both have exactly the same headrest clamp. The difference is in part that grips the tablet (Switch) which is slightly more compact on the one from the petrol station. Let me know if photos would help.

Argos also do one that fits between the seats from one headrest to another, but I didn't need that.

I'd have much rather bought the official Nintendo one though.

Thanks. I saw the Shell one actually. Do the clamps cover the vent on the Switch?

Might pass for Easter and see if the official mount makes it out for Summer. I have a 10 hour drive to Skye which would be great for it.

I'd have posted this sooner but I don't remember my password when I'm at home!

GAME re-stocked on Friday in my area (North West UK)

All Neons.

All went same day

It's going quicker than it can be stocked right now. Crazy

It is i still can't believe i saw people happily paying £350 for one in CEX

amazon has it in stock available for delivery today if you order in the next 2 hours.

Holy shit, done and dusted. Will be here within a couple of hours.

I never checked the amazon prime now app, just regular prime, not prime now, on the main page. I didn't even know this could happen!

Fuck, this is is awesome. I fell ill on Sunday, and am still clearing off the sideffects today and chilling, and got my switch on me way. Fucking awesome.

No games though, just get it off e shop. Argh, now to do all the research of screen protectors and carriers.

And going to Barcelona for 4 days with gf on sat, not that I need the switch there, TBH. It might just be hassle in terms of adding weight to all my shit. Dunno, think I'm still going to take it, can play it when gf is passed out.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Holy shit, done and dusted. Will be here within a couple of hours.

I never checked the amazon prime now app, just regular prime, not prime now, on the main page. I didn't even know this could happen!

Fuck, this is is awesome. I fell ill on Sunday, and am still clearing off the sideffects today and chilling, and got my switch on me way. Fucking awesome.

No games though, just get it off e shop. Argh, now to do all the research of screen protectors and carriers.

And going to Barcelona for 4 days with gf on sat, not that I need the switch there, TBH. It might just be hassle in terms of adding weight to all my shit. Dunno, think I'm still going to take it, can play it when gf is passed out.

lol hope you feel better and enjoy the game. it's fantastic :)

Omikaru

Still nothing from GAME about my grey Switch. Bleh. The lack of communication, if anything, is annoying. Especially so since other retailers have had stock replenishments recently.

lol hope you feel better and enjoy the game. it's fantastic :)

I felt like pure garbage yesterday and just slept the whole day. Yeah, the excitement of the switch on its way will help. I went to a feminist rock show on saturday and barely even drank, I think I picked up something from someone there.

Thanks for the heads up, btw. It's kinda funny how it wasn't available to prime members on the regular amazon page, but on prime now, the within 2 hour delivery option, that had it. Pretty awesome actually.

I do actually have a lot of work to do, but will do that tomorrow ;)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still nothing from GAME about my grey Switch. Bleh. The lack of communication, if anything, is annoying. Especially so since other retailers have had stock replenishments recently.

The Switch seems to have caused GAME to completely ignore all forms of communication. Still no response to my emails.

Luckily I managed to get the issue sorted another way.

The return policies of Amazon and their customer service is what made me abandon game. My local game in Shepherds Bush, all the staff are cool and attentive, but again, Amazon's return policies are too good and convenient.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
The return policies of Amazon and their customer service is what made me abandon game. My local game in Shepherds Bush, all the staff are cool and attentive, but again, Amazon's return policies are too good and convenient.

i wouldn't buy anything from GAME again. the games are overpriced and if your console is faulty then good luck. they refused to do anything about my XB1 and i didn't even have it for a month. the only time i use GAME is to sell old games/hardware and i never take store credit. well i did once but bought a steam card.

amazon on the other hand are brilliant. never had an issue with them and i've unfortunately had to return some stuff.

jts

...hate me...
Been flipflopping between getting a pro controller or a second set of joycons. Think I'm going to get a pro controller tomorrow. Played a lot of Zelda yesterday on the TV and split joycons were comfortable but I was getting issues with desync and input issues, so they'll need replacing. Not sure if I'm confident that buying a second set of joycons will fix the issue

Is it down to contacting Nintendo now, or will Amazon replace just the joycons for me?
Pro Controller. It's just so much better than the Joycons in terms of ergonomics, there's really no comparison. Everyone should get one for single player games.

Thanks. I saw the Shell one actually. Do the clamps cover the vent on the Switch?

Might pass for Easter and see if the official mount makes it out for Summer. I have a 10 hour drive to Skye which would be great for it.
Vent is clear, as I clamp it by the sides.

There's still a little vibration from the car which I guess every mount will suffer from?

Jerry

Vent is clear, as I clamp it by the sides.

There's still a little vibration from the car which I guess every mount will suffer from?

There is the top vent (where air is blown out) but you should make sure the 2 small vents on the back of the switch (for air intake/speakers) are clear

Top Bottom