• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I was so busy tournying yesterday that I forgot to due hidden potential, and of course STR are the orbs I'm lowest on

life is pain

Aiii

So not worth it
New game mechanic incoming: https://jpn.dbz.space/news/001022

Explained: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/6omkmm/jpn_new_mechanic_category_coming_soon/

DFPqIyFVoAEb9WB.jpg

That's what the community has wanted for ages. Something to make particular links/character types more useful, like an all-great apes team or something similar. This has lots of potential, I hope they don't mess it up. Not holding my breath for any gimmick teams to overtake optimal 120% teams or anything but anything to make them useful or situational is good. I'm a big fan of doing themed decks but it's rarely worth it.

everyone gets another free try at LR Gohan

May RNG bless your pulls
with Hercule statues

Thank you, World Tournament, for all these beautiful orbs. But damn the rankings this time around. I just got win #16, barely in the top 40k. Hopefully a lot of people are just racing for all the mission rewards then quitting.

MiTYH

I know I've only gotten 10 wins yet, but my placement is 95k. That just seems... outrageous. I can't even fathom going competitively in WT without LR Broly, jesus

Man, how are you guys able to run through WT this quickly? I guess my team isn't very well optimized, but are you using stones to refresh stamina?

Yes, to place high in the tourney you have to use stones. Luckily they give you a decent amount of free ones for wins.

Got my second red stone. Used it to open top left path for FP Frieza. That guy is so swole now. I went from having 1 good PHY unit to having 5 since the beginning of this celebration.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got my second red stone. Used it to open top left path for FP Frieza. That guy is so swole now. I went from having 1 good PHY unit to having 5 since the beginning of this celebration.

Yeah that's what I'm planning to do. I really have no use for any of the other red stone options, might as well beef up Frieza.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Is there something amazing about the rewards this time that I'm not seeing? Last few tournaments, 30 wins was enough to be under 20k. I'm at 17 wins and around 40k. It feels like OG tournament rankings, back when you needed 80 wins.

Man, how are you guys able to run through WT this quickly? I guess my team isn't very well optimized, but are you using stones to refresh stamina?

Yeah, I've used a bunch of stones. You get 40 from WT missions alone so I don't mind. Eventually I want to get LR Piccolo to SA20 so I want a decent local rank for those medals. It's looking like local top 10 will be easy, top 3 is pretty intense in my bracket though.

Also I'm convinced my WT team is the best (fastest/safest) WT team possible. I never take a hit, I can always super with Broly, rarely use ki items but if I do, I use the cheap ones (Shu and/or STR Puar). I've never had such an easy time, I can clear an entire WT in a few minutes. 2 LR Brolys, Rose, Black, Buu (orb changer), Jaco, Chiaotzu. The stunners are better than blockers, objectively, because not taking a hit means not worrying about supers ever, and it's also faster because the enemy doesn't attack. Even if Rose and Black aren't in the rotation it's not really a big issue. I don't need links for Broly to kill everything in 1 super, and I've never not supered even with just 3 ki and no links thanks to Puar/Shu items. I've literally taken less than 5 hits across 30 wins and I use 1-2 ghost ushers per entire tournament cycle, max.

So, the moral is: if you have an AOE unit that can clear the field in one attack, bring stunners, not blockers. For anyone unaware btw, TEQ Jaco and INT Chiaotzu stun the entire enemy team as soon as they enter the field for the first time per fight. Which is enough, when you kill the whole team with one Super.

Yeah, I've used a bunch of stones. You get 40 from WT missions alone so I don't mind. Eventually I want to get LR Piccolo to SA20 so I want a decent local rank for those medals. It's looking like local top 10 will be easy, top 3 is pretty intense in my bracket though.

Also I'm convinced my WT team is the best (fastest/safest) WT team possible. I never take a hit, I can always super with Broly, rarely use ki items but if I do, I use the cheap ones (Shu and/or STR Puar). I've never had such an easy time, I can clear an entire WT in a few minutes. 2 LR Brolys, Rose, Black, Buu (orb changer), Jaco, Chiaotzu. The stunners are better than blockers, objectively, because not taking a hit means not worrying about supers ever, and it's also faster because the enemy doesn't attack. Even if Rose and Black aren't in the rotation it's not really a big issue. I don't need links for Broly to kill everything in 1 super, and I've never not supered even with just 3 ki and no links thanks to Puar/Shu items. I've literally taken less than 5 hits across 30 wins and I use 1-2 ghost ushers per entire tournament cycle, max.

So, the moral is: if you have an AOE unit that can clear the field in one attack, bring stunners, not blockers. For anyone unaware btw, TEQ Jaco and INT Chiaotzu stun the entire enemy team as soon as they enter the field for the first time per fight. Which is enough, when you kill the whole team with one Super.

I have both of them, but I only have the old Str Broly (with the worst links ever.) I might build something similar to your team as I have everything except the LR Broly and Rose.

Also, just pulled the old WT prize Beerus from the GSSR. He's really good, actually. Can't wait to farm to raise his SA. :/

Fox1304

TEQ Jaco and INT Chiaotzu stun the entire enemy team as soon as they enter the field for the first time per fight.
Wow, that's a guaranteed 100% ? Didn't know that.
I have nearly the same comp as you : Rose Lead, Black, Two Brolys, a Buu changer, and Turles for KI + AGL Friez for potential Tank. I'll try swapping Frieza for Jaco though !

Fox1304

Damn, I had a Jaco and a Chiaozu card and I think I Baba'd both of them. Would have been great :(
Hanging on the General Blue though.

Not Broly for hidden potential or even ssj3 goku? Is Fp frieza that good?l

His super is Immense Damage and his passive is a 120% increase to his Super. He hits really really really hard for a non-God-lead.
SS3 Goku isn't bad or anything though. If you have a good AGL lead, you can maybe consider him. I'd say no to Broly since his links aren't very good and he's falling farther and farther into obsolescence. FP Frieza is just so strong. Get you a Rose Lead or Friend and go to town.

Xanru

Not Broly for hidden potential or even ssj3 goku? Is Fp frieza that good?l

FP Frieza has aged the best out of all the og dokkanfest cards that are selectable, most notably because Cooler is the phy extreme lead. SS3 goku is probably the next best pick unless you feel you need a broly, but he doesn't fit on an optimal team, you need to run ssbkk to have him work well enough, though it's not a bad change(my ssbkk is maxed so I have him on my team).

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Is there something amazing about the rewards this time that I'm not seeing? Last few tournaments, 30 wins was enough to be under 20k. I'm at 17 wins and around 40k. It feels like OG tournament rankings, back when you needed 80 wins.
The mission rewards are good so everyone is playing to get those which pushes the average score much higher.

Red stone and I think three elderkais this time around for mission rewards.

Tamanon

Banned
There are a shitload of gold SSR tickets compared to normal, as well as rewards at more tiers, especially potential orbs.

Also, team cost is going up with higher cost SSRs and LRs, so points per match is increasing I think.

There are a shitload of gold SSR tickets compared to normal, as well as rewards at more tiers, especially potential orbs.

Also, team cost is going up with higher cost SSRs and LRs, so points per match is increasing I think.
O right a shit ton of potential orbs.

Speaking of SSR I finally got AGL Beerus with my last GSSR pull. I fed him 8 sr Teq Beerus and he went up 1 lol. I had so many of those Teq ones like I have 1 da at SA 10. Then 8 more that I saved to feed to AGL Beerus

Anoregon

YO PEEPS

I could use some input on who folks think I should be putting elder kais into:

https://dbz.space/box/Anoregon

My current SA10 units are:

SSJ4 Goku
Rose
Gogeta
SS Vegito
Black
Buuhan
Omega

I feel like SSB Vegito is probably the easy choice, but I don't actually use my super team all that much. I primarily play STR and Villain teams.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Hmm After 30 wins there doesn't seem like there's much to push for in relation to previous tournaments.

Also...

l3KNKGO.jpg

tKPK3AA.jpg

YO PEEPS

I could use some input on who folks think I should be putting elder kais into:

https://dbz.space/box/Anoregon

My current SA10 units are:

SSJ4 Goku
Rose
Gogeta
SS Vegito
Black
Buuhan
Omega

I feel like SSB Vegito is probably the easy choice, but I don't actually use my super team all that much. I primarily play STR and Villain teams.

The answer is always SSB Vegito :p The increase in damage is exponential (in the most literal of senses).
I guess TEQ SS3 Gotenks would be your other option. Maybe FP Frieza if you use him at all and have dupes.

Arrrammis

Someone on Reddit brought up a good point: I'll probably be saving my GSSR tickets until next WT, because if Global has the same GSSR pools as JPN, Masked Saiyan will be in the next pool. Compared to the current pool, where most cards are only useful for SA raising.

Anoregon

I just pulled agi Beerus from the GSSR. He's one I wanted like half a year ago, lol.

Woops, just edited my post. Gogeta was my first SA10. This account was a reroll from when he came out.

Then I will once again tell you: VB and it's not close. But if you just wanna beef up your STR team, then I believe SSJ3 Goku is actually the best option to SA10 after SS4 and Gogeta, with GT Trunks being fourth I believe (because SS3 is in rotation and Trunks is a floater)

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Quick question.

Why is it that LR Broly's SA is able to break through the Rampage skill, do major damage, and other times it barely does more than 100dmg?

Quick question.

Why is it that LR Broly's SA is able to break through the Rampage skill, do major damage, and other times it barely does more than 100dmg?

You likely have cards whose supers "Greatly Lower Defense." When you only do 100hp, it could be because that debuff wasn't active.

Top Bottom