• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Cheshire_Buddha
(Today, 02:06 AM)

Originally Posted by JHoNNy1OoO

Yeah I wouldn't do it though because it breaks the game as Jason even more. Just like Combat Stancing the doors, there really is no need. It's just one more thing that makes the match even more lopsided. Counselors need things to be able to use against Jason and actually create distance. It's pretty easy to juke the shots and avoid the firecrackers anyways.

I do all of those things and I don't feel bad one bit, especially when I play with the GAF crew.

(Because everyone is better than me.)
Tinman dX
(Today, 02:08 AM)

Originally Posted by JHoNNy1OoO

Yeah I wouldn't do it though because it breaks the game as Jason even more. Just like Combat Stancing the doors, there really is no need. It's just one more thing that makes the match even more lopsided. Counselors need things to be able to use against Jason and actually create distance. It's pretty easy to juke the shots and avoid the firecrackers anyways.

Yeah but when you get in a lobby with a bunch of people that are Bugsy and think they are gonna reverse the role and chase you and try and beat Jason down it's hilarious to put them in their place and block everything and rip their jaws off
Waylon Drums
(Today, 02:10 AM)
This game really is toxic in quick play. Good lord.
Combichristoffersen
Combovers don't work when there is no hair
(Today, 02:53 AM)
Any news on when the SP patch will be out?
Saucycarpdog
(Today, 02:57 AM)
Does it seem like the placement of certain items in the maps have changed? I'm finding the shotgun and flare guns in spots that I've never seen them in before the patch.
halfbeast
(Today, 03:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Saucycarpdog

Does it seem like the placement of certain items in the maps have changed? I'm finding the shotgun and flare guns in spots that I've never seen them in before the patch.

where did you find them? I've found a shotgun in one of the bigger cabins, but don't think I've found a flare gun in an unusual spot.
arimanius
(Today, 03:05 AM)

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie

Jeez I'm having a lot of trouble connecting to the game on PS4 today.

Yeah seems to be a mess.
Saucycarpdog
(Today, 03:06 AM)

Originally Posted by halfbeast

where did you find them? I've found a shotgun in one of the bigger cabins, but don't think I've found a flare gun in an unusual spot.

I recently found the flare gun on a nightstand in the 2nd floor of the big cabin at packanack lodge. Previously I found it on a desk by the gun on the couch on the first floor of the cabin.
halfbeast
(Today, 03:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Saucycarpdog

I recently found the flare gun on a nightstand in the 2nd floor of the big cabin at packanack lodge. Previously I found it on a desk by the gun on the couch on the first floor of the cabin.

there's always a chance someone put it there, but then can't really say I've seen any weapons on nightstands.
arimanius
(Today, 03:18 AM)
So first game of the day finally and get a team killer. Yup think I'm done for the day already.
halfbeast
(Today, 03:36 AM)
is it double xp or double douchebag weekend? they managed to glitch into one of those closed huts near the lake. nothing says fun gameplay like not doing anything for 20 minutes...
StrongBelwas
(Today, 03:42 AM)
Well I managed to unlock part 9 Jason. I might be done with the game for a little bit until more content is added.
Nudull
(Today, 03:57 AM)
Here's a strategy I haven't seen before until tonight; using one of the cars to block the only door on a cabin. Kind of a waste of resources, but hey. :P
HiiiLife
(Today, 04:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Nudull

Here's a strategy I haven't seen before until tonight; using one of the cars to block the only door on a cabin. Kind of a waste of resources, but hey. :P

Lol wow
Ginger Hail
(Today, 04:22 AM)
Played my first couple games earlier. Didn't do so hot as counselor, but my lone Jason run went very well. I'm a bit disappointed there seems to be few people communicating on PS4, but I'm guessing some GAF games may fix that issue.
SuperPac
(Today, 04:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Ginger Hail

Played my first couple games earlier. Didn't do so hot as counselor, but my lone Jason run went very well. I'm a bit disappointed there seems to be few people communicating on PS4, but I'm guessing some GAF games may fix that issue.

It definitely does or there's a PS4 Community just about finding games - if you use that system you can usually find a good group that is talking on mic. Feel free to add me - name's the same as my GAF name.

I had a stunning counselor streak this evening in my last game of the night - https://twitter.com/superpac/status/878820491125035008

Game is hot fire. Even when things go wrong, it's so much fun.
JHoNNy1OoO
(Today, 04:48 AM)

I'm so fucking doing this tonight with a 2 seater but I have to make sure it's against a vocal Jason. Can't wait for the WTF?!?

Originally Posted by Tinman dX

Yeah but when you get in a lobby with a bunch of people that are Bugsy and think they are gonna reverse the role and chase you and try and beat Jason down it's hilarious to put them in their place and block everything and rip their jaws off

Oh yeah for sure. Block in Combat Stance all the melee hits you can and watch that Rage Meter increase like crazy. Especially when Counselors try to gangbang your ass. Using Combat Stance to block Flares or Fireworks is kinda cheap though. I can see them not doing anything about the Flare issue but it makes zero sense that you can just walk into a Firework going off while holding Block and it not stun you.

Originally Posted by SuperPac

It definitely does or there's a PS4 Community just about finding games - if you use that system you can usually find a good group that is talking on mic. Feel free to add me - name's the same as my GAF name.

I had a stunning counselor streak this evening in my last game of the night - https://twitter.com/superpac/status/878820491125035008

Game is hot fire. Even when things go wrong, it's so much fun.

Nice video. Holy shit at that AJ grab at ~58 seconds. Grabbing is so fucking broken.
Last edited by JHoNNy1OoO; Today at 04:50 AM.
unknownhero
(Today, 05:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Waylon Drums

This game really is toxic in quick play. Good lord.

tell me about it though I've been lucky tbh. I was playing the last game as jason and some guy kept shouting homophobic slurs at me. Felt good when I got him and simply told him goodbye to which he replied with another slur. Post game, same guy was ranting that "this jason was a F*****" and shit like that. I've had other games similar to that experience.
benicillin
(Today, 05:09 AM)
Strange, I only play quickplay on PC and for the most part haven't run into anyone being that obnoxious on chat.
Spine_Ripper
(Today, 05:25 AM)

Originally Posted by mechashiva

We had a legit jason kill on progress and I was the one who f'd it up. My shame knows no end. I thought during the sweater diff someone else pops Jason since you can't move. I didn't know to swing right after the words finished. Fuuuuuu!

Just had the same thing happen. Our Jason was afk the whole match. Just bought it yesterday and a guy was walking me through. I was Tommy. "Just whack him after he falls on his knees." Sounds simple enough, he clearly knows what he's doing, easy trophy time.

Dude hits Jason the second the sweater disappears, cancels the whole thing 😂

This game is hilarious and a lot of fun. Played all day and outside of a dying-10-seconds-into-the-gane marathon where I played 5 minutes in 1 hour, I had a ton of fun. Been hosting, so no communication errors. Don't regret buying this at all.
spannicus
(Today, 05:26 AM)

Lol
The will to survive.
Pilgrimzero
(Today, 05:26 AM)
Had my first run in with a Jason helped and team killer. Even worse he came back as Tommy.

Tommy shot me with Jason standing next to him and he and a few others started laughing.

Thanks for wasting my time you chuckle fucks.
ChoklitCow
(Today, 07:06 AM)
Played off and on throughout the day. Ended up finding a lobby with a bunch of newish people that were super nice. We were having a bunch of fun and while I'm not good by any means, I was having fun teaching them things.

Then I got Jason. Was going through smashing people and kind of felt bad when all of a sudden I shift with stalk and sense up. Game froze. I will miss my friends.
Durock
(Today, 07:33 AM)
Had a couple of hilarious moments earlier. One guy and the Jason player decided they were going to team up for some reason. So Jason is right on top of me and another player as we run into a cabin. On opposite end of the cabin, the Jason helper is climbing in through a window. The player I'm with shoots and kills the Jason helper, takes his weapon from his dead body and the two of us high tail it out the window.

We're both rushing towards another cabin with Jason still right on our asses, we make it inside via an open door and I'm screaming "we need to close the door! Close the door!" I turn around to close and the player I'm with comes rushing by me to also close the door, but I'm already closing it as he's getting there and he incidentally runs outside while I'm closing it and Jason grabs him. I hear his death gargles as I'm locking the door lol

I felt so bad afterwards but man was it hilarious. To top it off, my character was the bigger counselor and the other player's screaming "never trust the fat guy! Never trust the fat guy!" as he's being strangled to death. Haha
Last edited by Durock; Today at 07:37 AM.
Naar
(Today, 08:59 AM)
So I am looking into this or Dead by daylight for PS4.

I heard both have bugs and technical issues, but are great to play when everything works? Did they fix issues with either game? Which should I get? Friday the 13th or Dead by Daylight?

Any major differences between the 2? Based on what I saw, I think I will like F13 more