• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 3/17/2017: TOKYO DAYS, HYRULE NIGHTS

Apenheul

I thought it was a good episode. When Mark hosts the episodes usually have better pacing but I like that when JJ takes over there's often more room for discussion and different viewpoints. Sarah is really good at explaining games from a narrative or experience point of view, and although she seems quick to react to almost everything I do think that in time she will be one of the driving forces of the podcast.

The Zelda talk avoided spoilers nicely and it was definitely fun to hear everyone be enthusiastic about the game. I think Dark Souls was the last game that almost the whole 8-4 Play cast was so unanimously in love with.

I enjoyed the episode a lot. Night in the Woods sounds like it's worth checking out. I went ahead and ordered the Hori Switch stand John mentioned, but it is back ordered for 1-2 months, yikes.

I wonder what Project V is... maybe Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia? That's coming out soon though, so I'd imagine the localization is done.

Here's to hoping the next episode has Monster Hunter XX discussion, although it seems like the gang's fallen out of Monster Hunter in the more recent releases. I know Roy still plays them since he did the Polygon Monster Hunter Generations guide, but it feels like peak 8-4 Monster Hunter has passed.

I'm new to 8-4, for future listening reference is it par for the course with this Podcast to bring on a loud and extremely obnoxious guest/intern/friend who shows off, curses nonstop and goes out of their way to try to be funny and talk over the other hosts?

john tv

No worries, I didn't mean to sound impatient or anything (I'm indifferent to the idea of video content, honestly), it just occurred to me that you guys have been deliberating on this for a while now and I think you'll find that it's not a huge deal once you finally get around to doing it.
Word, also my reply might have looked snarky but it wasn't meant to be. (That was a real :) in there, haha.)

shira

tumblr_ner2322DIc1teaksdo1_500.gif

Roy x Sarah

Glix

I haven't listened to these guys in ages...

Have they ever commented/apologized for their role in the Mighty No 9 debacle?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I haven't listened to these guys in ages...

Have they ever commented/apologized for their role in the Mighty No 9 debacle?

They were only involved in the Kickstarter campaign...not the development of the game What should they apologize for ?

I'm new to 8-4, for future listening reference is it par for the course with this Podcast to bring on a loud and extremely obnoxious guest/intern/friend who shows off, curses nonstop and goes out of their way to try to be funny and talk over the other hosts?
I think Sarah works there now, she's not a guest/intern/friend.

I enjoyed this episode of the podcast. Didn't really notice what certain people here are complaining about. Sarah may use vulgar language but so does at least one other regular on the podcast, it's not shocking to me.

It would be cool if zelda could be discussed withou concern about spoilers eventually. I appreciate the avoidance of spoilers though for this since the game is so open that anyone who hasn't completed it could easily be spoiled. I have 50+ hours and I'm still avoiding the spoiler thread here on gaf.

I like Sarah Pods, but I can understand some people not feeling the same since she seems to have a pretty strong personality.

Really, the only things really par for course on 8-4 is that John buys every kit of hardware that comes out, Mark won't let Hiroko talk, JJ plays lots of musou, and the next Resident Evil retrospective is never happening.

Y'all and lard who keep listening and complaining about a pro bono podcast where you hate 50% of the personalities make no sense to me. I like them all. Keep doing what you're doing, 8-4. There are literally hundreds of other gaming podcasts for the rest of you to try. A lot of us like this one the best, thus its presence here, but chill if you don't like it instead of these constant attacks every week. How much time y'all got to listen to 2 hour podcasts you hate?

That said, criticizing some choices is fair (*cough* Destiny *cough*) so I will say that I don't care about Let's Plays in any format whatsoever so no real interest in that content. Tried the let's listen and quit halfway, but no worries since it was just bonus at the end of an ep with the bosses out of town. GameCenter CX is the only thing close I've ever cared about, and that's a show that understands editing and production and paces itself with other great content like the arcade visits. So I'm not the audience for that, but as long as it doesn't supplant the podcast I stand with 8-4.

Faustek

Y'all and lard who keep listening and complaining about a pro bono podcast where you hate 50% of the personalities make no sense to me. I like them all. Keep doing what you're doing, 8-4. There are literally hundreds of other gaming podcasts for the rest of you to try. A lot of us like this one the best, thus its presence here, but chill if you don't like it instead of these constant attacks every week. How much time y'all got to listen to 2 hour podcasts you hate?

That said, criticizing some choices is fair (*cough* Destiny *cough*) so I will say that I don't care about Let's Plays in any format whatsoever so no real interest in that content. Tried the let's listen and quit halfway, but no worries since it was just bonus at the end of an ep with the bosses out of town. GameCenter CX is the only thing close I've ever cared about, and that's a show that understands editing and production and paces itself with other great content like the arcade visits. So I'm not the audience for that, but as long as it doesn't supplant the podcast I stand with 8-4.

Heh, you said it yourself. One doesn't need to love and agree with everything and even if you don't like every aspect of everyone it's still interesting. I mean heck, I get annoyed as heck with the CAG cast. Sometimes I just wanna do something else then I do something else and the annoying part is over and the interesting started again.
Also Lard is a treasure.

Yes the kickstarter and rewards are a debacle, not just the actual game.

They were involved in helping put the kickstarter pitch and reward concepts together. They had no involvement with the campaign after the kickstarter deadline passed (they were contracted only for the kickstarter window), and no connection to the reward fulfillment; their role was just PR and social media work. There's no way they're responsible for how the game failed to live up to the kickstarter pitch, and I'm sure they had no reason to foresee it ending up the way it did; everything looked good at the start which is why it pulled in so much cash.

I like Sarah Pods, but I can understand some people not feeling the same since she seems to have a pretty strong personality.

Really, the only things really par for course on 8-4 is that John buys every kit of hardware that comes out, Mark won't let Hiroko talk, JJ plays lots of musou, and the next Resident Evil retrospective is never happening.

I listened to a small handful of episodes before Sarah came on, still enjoy the show so far but she is just too loud.

I picked up the episode again today, really enjoying the BotW discussion so far, they're doing a great job avoiding spoilers and the enthusiasm they have for the game is really heartfelt.

shira

I listened to a small handful of episodes before Sarah came on, still enjoy the show so far but she is just too loud.

I picked up the episode again today, really enjoying the BotW discussion so far, they're doing a great job avoiding spoilers and the enthusiasm they have for the game is really heartfelt.

She did the DuckTales woo-ooh.

All is forgiven

Top Bottom