• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn SPOILERS Thread

gossi

Lol just bought mine over the weekend. Shit is loud as hell. Cant imagine how its gonna sound if the fan gets gunked up. Id love to hear one as silent as some are claiming.

For info, my PS4 Pro is near silent, even in Battlefield 1 etc. Hundreds of hours of use. If yours is loud, it is faulty.

vivekTO

Haha Ready for some Spoilers, lets go.

HwKPrsb.jpg
Okay..

Beautiful..

I'm about to head out guys. Might play more later. I didn't even get to gameplay. Been too busy relaying initial thoughts.
angry-wwe-girl-gifs-of-wrestling-fans-being-wrestling-fans.gif

Adryuu

Ehhh why can't we have that? I mean, we pay, we get ugly collector editions, we play later. Press doesn't pay, get to play earlier with the best looking and most exclusive editions...

/rant

Hey get up already mate, when you get home from work it's time to sleep here. Spoiler free impressions tread is spoiler free impressions free, but this one is just impressions free. AND spoiler free. I'm just interested in impressions, however they are, for now. :)

Well I could do with a copy until Zelda releases because otherwise it'll have to wait until after Mass probably.

RinsFury

Where did Musician go? Not very nice to get us all excited with early pics and impressions only to disappear :( I still want to know if the game let you play as young Aloy.

kKB4xXV.jpg

DIALOGUE TREES AND ALL GROWNS UP

THE GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME

Everything feels familiar, yet it's really really good.

Dat Metroid Prime-like scanner you obtain as a kid...

vivekTO

kKB4xXV.jpg

Just confirm one thing More , The game has a Day one patch "16 Gb" or are you talking about the Install size to be able to start the game. As Some websites has pickup your impressions that the game has Day one patch.
Thanks and welcome back.

Any suggestions for difficulty? Is hard a good challenge? Is very hard the way to go?

I'm playing on Hard and so far it's been solid, but then again I'm still doing tutorial stuff I think. Right now I'm learning how to craft fire arrows.

The weapons have mods! I had no idea there was a leveling/xp system with a massive skill tree. Just got bullet time aiming, and stealth takedowns

kKB4xXV.jpg

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought of Metroid Prime when I saw the scanner.

I love how it looks. Loooooved the Metroid Prime scanner.

Just confirm one thing More , The game has a Day one patch "16 Gb" or are you talking about the Install size to be able to start the game. As Some websites has pickup your impressions that the game has Day one patch.
Thanks and welcome back.

It said Version 1.00 as it installed the 16 gigs. Not sure if it was a patch or just a mandatory install. Wouldn't the patch be 1.01?

I'm playing on Hard and so far it's been solid, but then again I'm still doing tutorial stuff I think. Right now I'm learning how to craft fire arrows.

The weapons have mods! I had no idea there was a leveling/xp system with a massive skill tree. Just got bullet time aiming, and stealth takedowns

I strongly suggest making liberal use of that Bullet Time. The unconventional weakpoint design of enemies strongly encourages slowing down time to hit them. Otherwise, even basic enemies can sponge hits.

Is slow mo a meter or contextual?

a harpy

I'm curious for anyone that knows, what's a big picture of the gameplay look like? What do you actually do out in the world while exploring? Is it closer to a WRPG where there's a main story line and then there are side quests and npcs to interact with and shenanigans to be had out in the world/monsters to hunt (thinking witcher)? Or is it more like there are points of interest with goals to accomplish or something like that (thinking farcry)? Or totally different?

The Lamp

Here's the intro captured with the Share feature on my PS4 Pro (my TV is not HDR, and it's only 1080p). Please quote to view.. It's still processing so it'll be up in a minute or two. EDIT: It's up.

I noticed a screen tear or two on the video that I did NOT notice while watching it live on my Pro.

Enjoy.

Here's the intro captured with the Share feature on my PS4 Pro (my TV is not HDR, and it's only 1080p). Please quote to view.. It's still processing so it'll be up in a minute or two. EDIT: It's up.

I noticed a screen tear or two on the video that I did NOT notice while watching it live on my Pro.

Enjoy.
well fook...that was pretty darn good intro. I think this game is legit.

The feels

The music

I'm in...

Top Bottom