• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III: The Ringed City - Launch Trailer

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not only the last DLC for Dark Souls III, but also the last content we'll (presumably) be getting for the entire Dark-franchise (?).

RIP, sweet prince. Really looking forward to this (will start next Friday).

Not only the last DLC for Dark Souls III, but also the last content we'll (presumably) be getting for the entire Dark-franchise (?).

RIP, sweet prince. Really looking forward to this (will start next Friday).

I really hope there's a sense of that whilst playing and it isn't just a cap off to the storyline started in the first DLC.

ironcreed

Banned
Looks incredible. I own the season pass, but I am not sure when I will get around to playing this. I'll have to try and squeeze it in.

Shredderi

Any idea how one would enter the new area? I skipped the ashes of ariandel one because it didn't look too interesting but this seems to have that "something" that grasps my attention.

Käebi

I didn't even finish Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne was so much fun and Dark Souls 3 felt somewhat like an step back again... But knowing that this could be the last content for the Dark Souls Universe makes me want to play and appreciate it. Thank you FROM.

Rocketz

Still need to pick up the season pass. Hopefully reviews of this DLC are good as the first was a little disappointing.

Still need to pick up the season pass. Hopefully reviews of this DLC are good as the first was a little disappointing.

But man, I wouldn't mind the reviews on Ashes of Ariendel. It is a great piece of content with two great bosses and the best setting on the game IMO. A little bit short, but very rewarding. Go on, pick it up.

Styles

Feels like the end of an era.

So many good memories.

CYNoBva.gif

Rocketz

But man, I wouldn't mind the reviews on Ashes of Ariendel. It is a great piece of content with two great bosses and the best setting on the game IMO. A little bit short, but very rewarding. Go on, pick it up.

I am, I just haven't got around to it. Since it's short it will be good to just go strait from that to this DLC.

rdytoroll

You guys think it's worth to buy Ashes of Ariandel or just jump into The Ringed City? I've seen a few streams of Ashes of Ariandel so I know what's coming and I heard it's not that great of a dlc overall.

Vitten

Sad that this franchise is over. It's one of the best franchises ever in gaming to me.

Did From confirm they have no further plans with the Souls franchise ?

And what on earth are they up to anyway these days ? Do they have anything to look forward to in the pipeline ?
Seems like I haven't heared anything from them in some time now

Shredderi

Bonfire at Kiln of the First Flame

Fuck. My NG+ is only at the part where I beat that damn giant tree enemy. I don't have the time to work my way up to
the end. Hopefully the story of the DLC at least reflects the fact that you have to go there from the end of the game.

Ferr986

You guys think it's worth to buy Ashes of Ariandel or just jump into The Ringed City? I've seen a few streams of Ashes of Ariandel so I know what's coming and I heard it's not that great of a dlc overall.

Get the Season pass IMO. Ariandel is short but good, and ties with Ringed City.

Hopefully this will be longer than the last DLC.

Don't worry, it is.

Did From confirm they have no further plans with the Souls franchise ?

And what on earth are they up to anyway these days ? Do they have anything to look forward to in the pipeline ?
Seems like I haven't heared anything from them in some time now

Well, Miyazaki is done with Dark Souls. He says that in the future someone else at FROM wants to do a new one it will be ok, but he'll not come back.

They are working in 3 games now, one is Souls-ish but not Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

Flipside

I should really get back to Dark Souls 3, I stopped right at
a huge tree boss
. That's still in the beginning right? Is the trailer spoiler heavy if you haven't finished the main game?

A bit off-topic: What would you recommend to enjoy the full Dark Souls lore/experience in the best way possible? I have scholar of the first sin for the PS4 (still sealed) but I don't have Dark Souls 1 or Demon's Souls. I'm afraid of the first games not having aged too well and playing all four games might lead to serious Souls fatigue. I never played these games because Bloodborne is the game that actually got me interested in these types of games. So I discovered them a bit late.

Hooks

I just started NG++ this weekend to warm up for the new dlc, SO PUMPED for this. Sadness me that it's the last of dark souls tho..

silva1991

Not really excited for teh DLC, but it still makes me sad to see this end.

Dark Souls 1 is my favorite game of all time and overall this is my favorite series.

looking forward to this. reports of the first DLC sucking are highly exaggerated. i loved it. actually enjoyed it more than some of the DS2 DLCs. at least there were mostly all new enemies.

I should really get back to Dark Souls 3, I stopped right at
a huge tree boss
. That's still in the beginning right? Is the trailer spoiler heavy if you haven't finished the main game?

A bit off-topic: What would you recommend to enjoy the full Dark Souls lore/experience in the best way possible? I have scholar of the first sin for the PS4 (still sealed) but I don't have Dark Souls 1 or Demon's Souls. I'm afraid of the first games not having aged too well and playing all four games might lead to serious Souls fatigue. I never played these games because Bloodborne is the game that actually got me interested in these types of games. So I discovered them a bit late.

Yes, that's very early. I don't think the trailer is spoiler heavy if you haven't finished the main game, the concept and story of Ariandel + Ringed City feels a bit removed from the main game, or at least the main "narrative".

As for the best lore etc...well, Demons Souls isn't in the same universe as Dark, so don't worry about it. You should still play it because its great but hey ho. I think Dark has aged ok, if you can play and enjoy DS3/DS2 you can do the same for Dark. The problem with say spending the weekend watching Vaat or Ashen Hollow lore vids is ultimately it is all speculation and eye of the beholder stuff, so it's up to you and what theories etc you like.

Was the phrase "Dark Soul(s)" never said in-game? Imagine they held back for 6 years in order to build up to that payoff!

Pretty sure the dark soul was said in the opening cinematic to DS1. It was certainly said in Ariandel, i mean the series kinda got its name from the item - in a sense - rather than the Suicide Squad quote :p

Flipside

Thanks!

Would you recommend starting at the first game too or doesn't that matter much?

Do the console versions of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls hold up well or is it better to go for the PC versions (I'm mainly a console gamer)?

Was the phrase "Dark Soul(s)" never said in-game? Imagine they held back for 6 years in order to build up to that payoff!

It was said by an NPC (Darkstalker Kaathe) in the first game. Not really a "oh boy they said the title" situation.

I almost feel like crying, like when I finished DkS3. Very cathartic
I'll still make fun of people who feel actually sad about Sif though.
Can't believe this is the end, but I'm glad it is. Seems like they're wrapping this up as well as they could for something that really needed no sequels in the first place.
I think this DLC will offer a decent amount of closure, for a Souls game.

Get the Season pass IMO. Ariandel is short but good, and ties with Ringed City.

Don't worry, it is.

Well, Miyazaki is done with Dark Souls. He says that in the future someone else at FROM wants to do a new one it will be ok, but he'll not come back.

They are working in 3 games now, one is Souls-ish but not Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

That's good to hear!

Corpekata

Banned
Thanks!

Would you recommend starting at the first game too or doesn't that matter much?

Do the console versions of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls hold up well or is it better to go for the PC versions (I'm mainly a console gamer)?

Dark Souls is one of the GoaTs, so yes you should play it. PC version I'd recommend for that. Demon's Souls is PS3 only.

Top Bottom