• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

TheKeyPit

Banned
Did anyone say Metal Gear Rising?

3G9Bqps.gif

I'm excited to see how it performs.

CRZYSPZ

Call of Duty is a big franchise, no surprise there. I'm just wondering what they'll ask for after COD is said and done with.

Skyrim, GTA SA & V, Batman AA&AC, LA Noire, Max Payne 3, Fable Anniversary, and Battlefield: Bad Company. This is assuming that CoD4: MW is already BC at this point.

Justinh

Glad to see the best Metal Gear game make it over.

Maybe I'll finally beat that last boss soon.

(Damn, I thought I bought this again digitally but I must've been thinking of when I bought it again for the collector's edition)
People didn't like that game, i thought it was tons of fun.

Reminded me of Tenchu.

I loved it, although admittedly I wasn't the biggest Splinter Cell fan in the first place. I only played a little of the first and quite a bit of Chaos Theory on Gamecube.

Gestault

I am playing Borderlands 2 and it has the same issue. #FUC2K

I haven't played either of these games on BC yet, but this isn't a case of someone not realizing their privacy settings were ticked wrong, right? Like, other games it's fine, its just these have the hang-up?

MGS HD Collection
LA Noire
Mafia II
Forza Motorsport 4
Crackdown
Fable Anniversary
Spec Ops: The Line
The Saboteur
Max Payne 3
Wolfenstein
NCAA Football 14
Sonic Generations

Other than these games and the other yearly Madden/NBA/MLB/NCAA sports games I will have my entire library on XB1. How LA Noire is still not BC kinda shocks me unless that remaster rumor that always pops up every now and then is actually true.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I haven't played either of these games on BC yet, but this isn't a case of someone not realizing their privacy settings were ticked wrong, right? Like, other games it's fine, its just these have the hang-up?
Nah, my settings are correct 😃

It's probably because of the music.

Alx

Revengeance, nice !
Will it support DLC ? I stopped playing the game during the final boss fight (don't remember which stage of him, but it seemed endless), and never got to start the "doggy" content that I had bought earlier.

peppers

Can you even take screenshots of Rising? I know you can't in the Bioshock games because of some stupid 2K stuff.

Kind of a deal breaker for me although I'll still replay Rising and I'm thankful for it being BC but it's not exactly the same...

TheKeyPit

Banned
Revengeance, nice !
Will it support DLC ? I stopped playing the game during the final boss fight (don't remember which stage of him, but it seemed endless), and never got to start the "doggy" content that I had bought earlier.
The DLC is supported and it's apparently available for free right now.

Can you even take screenshots of Rising? I know you can't in the Bioshock games because of some stupid 2K stuff.

Kind of a deal breaker for me although I'll still replay Rising and I'm thankful for it being BC but it's not exactly the same...
Yeah, it sucks. I downloaded it immediately, told a friend to get online so we can party up and he can watch me play this glorious game...

Nada.

peppers

The DLC is supported and it's apparently available for free right now.

Yeah, it sucks. I downloaded it immediately, told a friend to get online so we can party up and he can watch me play this glorious game...

Nada.

Fucked up...

To the bolded: can a man get a link? I'm searching for it on my laptop and it's not free :(

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Really pissed I bought Fighting Vipers specifically because it went BC only for it to not be BC in Australia. At least yet.

Sony

Nintendo
Xbox Back Compat is slowly but steadily becoming a noteworthy service that imo deserves the correct representation. "Who would want to play these games" comes a across a bit condesending towards the service. Imo back compat should be promoted, not minimized.

Xbox Back Compat is slowly but steadily becoming a noteworthy service that imo deserves the correct representation. "Who would want to play these games" comes a across a bit condesending towards the service. Imo back compat should be promoted, not minimized.

It's just a sarcasm titled thread though, everyone joining in here thinks it's a fantastic service, albeit the moaning when favourite games aren't added.

Really pissed I bought Fighting Vipers specifically because it went BC only for it to not be BC in Australia. At least yet.

I saw your tweets, so strange it isn't added already, is the Australian digital store a little slow in adding stuff in general or what?

I have to make joke though: It takes time to convert all the games to be shown upside down. Every single polygon and sprite needs to be turned manually.

Izuna

Banned

it still happens

gossi

OT's aren't for promotion. Them be the rules. Funny titles are good.

Sony

Nintendo
It's just a sarcasm titled thread though, everyone joining in here thinks it's a fantastic service, albeit the moaning when favourite games aren't added.

OT's aren't for promotion. Them be the rules. Funny titles are good.

I know OT's aren't meant for promotion, but it's my humble opinion that the opposide of promotion shouldn't be minimizing/demotion. For people that use the service, it's great. A positive title doesn't have to be blatant promotion. Why I'm particularly interested in this is because I think it's quite an anomaly in today's state of the industry that Xbox' back compat is pushed and promoted and we should cherish it.

I don't mean to derail the thread and I certainly understand the the current and previous OT's are tongue in cheek/sarcastic, but I simply think it would benefit the cause to have a more positive title.

Izuna

Banned
I know OT's aren't meant for promotion, but it's my humble opinion that the opposide of promotion shouldn't be minimizing/demotion. For people that use the service, it's great. A positive title doesn't have to be blatant promotion. Why I'm particularly interested in this is because I think it's quite an anomaly in today's state of the industry that Xbox' back compat is pushed and promoted and we should cherish it.

I don't mean to derail the thread and I certainly understand the the current and previous OT's are tongue in cheek/sarcastic, but I simply think it would benefit the cause to have a more positive title.

josh-3.gif

I already streamed some 360 games on Mixer and The stream worked Just fine. The only one that shows a message "you can't stream this game" is Borderlands 2.

I'm almost sure that's something on your end because ive streamed plenty of borderlands before
But it was a while ago so better edit and say "almost", maybe they changed policies or something

Maybe. I Will try to troubleshoot this issue next weekend and then I will post the resulta.

sTiTcH AU

Isnt that quote from a Sony representative? Thats why its used as a funny title. It's fine.

There are plenty of "important" industry names that share the opinion that is on the title. Some think the service itself is backwards.

It is super valid, imho, that we satirize their opinion using this title. Their opinion IS the joke, actually.

Top Bottom