• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT4| Every Rose Has Its Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
New episodes return May 8th! Looks like it's gonna be a doozy.

Looks like part of my guess was right. The Good Lars
leads into the abduction storyline by having Sadie or someone else disappear after it. The trailer makes it seem like almost everyone in Beach City is getting abducted though with all those empty shots.

But now more questions:
Who are those new two gems? Is Steven letting himself get captured to rescue all of the humans? Who is saying "Are you my dad?" GEMS DON'T HAVE DADS (except for Steven) WHAT IS GOING ONNNNN

At the very least, I think that the
"Are you my dad?"
voice in the trailer may be Ashly Burch, who mentioned that she would have a role on Steven Universe a while ago.

I wonder if the use of Night Drive 2 / Jasper reprise has any significance - probably not, given the whole "WHAT WE REALLY ARE" thing, but the two did show up in the same episode back during The Return.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
That was a good trailer.

I've felt for a while like this season might end on a high note. I think Season 4 of Steven Universe will be remembered kind of oddly. It's got some serious highs, some episodes up there as some of the best in the whole series, but then some middle-ground. There's episodes in Season 4 which feel like they could've come out of Season 1, but just aren't as interesting in the context of Season 4, if that makes sense. Basically I hope for the future they figure out how to make things more interesting for the human-centric episodes in general (there were a few very good ones through the season I will say). I wouldn't say these middle-ground episodes are bad, but there's a very notable drop from the highs of Season 4.

But it's been obvious they've been building up to something all season, and that trailer raises a lot of questions of where they're going with this.

But call me excited~

I wonder if the use of Night Drive 2 / Jasper reprise has any significance - probably not, given the whole "WHAT WE REALLY ARE" thing, but the two did show up in the same episode back during The Return.

Jasper might not be slated to return until season 5, but that doesn't rule a potential tease regarding said character. Of course the music was probably just used for the moody trailer, but who knows until May.

Possible new gem spoilers
According to the SU Reddit, the new gems are suppose to be Topaz(large shadow)
And aquamarine(little shadow). Not sure if this true, but aquamarine might be the most plausible of the two.

Judging by
the two shadows looking over Onion
in the trailer, maybe we have a sort of thematic reprise of The Return, only
it's an Era 2 Jasper and Lapis coming to Earth as opposed to Jasper, Peridot, and Lapis.
I mean, it looks like
Steven is going into the ship again for the season finale, so even that part is similar to the end of Season 1

Maybe this is the show finally covering
the big difference between Era 1 and Era 2 gems
?

Wow, very interesting! Don't see why the winged silhouette would be Lapis. Looks dramatically different. But probably a water user. The other one might be a warrior like Jasper but I doubt it's Jasper, too.

Great trailer!

The little one looks like the little fairy girl from Kirby. I really like the idea of going beyond the regular basically-human designs.

kirbyribbon.png

So I found an interesting theory concerning the voice at the end of this teaser.
No one is really looking for their dad. Homeworld has a list of people to kidnap.

http://i.imgur.com/5fqxuOo.png

Oh fuck don't tell me
Connie gets abducted too. I think the scenes with her and Steven looking scared/fighting something are from Doug Out though. The trailer put a lot of emphasis on Onion, so it looks his abduction and Sadie's are the big ones that force Steven to act.

... OHHHH. OH SHIT, now I realized what that theory was trying to say:
the Homeworld abductors think that someone is literally called "My Dad", because that's what Steven said, so they're asking around. Shit, that is really creepy. Also, I wonder if we get an episode with Peridot next season where she regrets that her report led to humans getting abducted.

Zubz

Banned
Regardless of what happens, I'm hyped. Samurai Jack should be on its penultimate episode of the end of that week, too. This is going to be great!

TV Promo for the May 8 bomb:

https://youtu.be/7kvBrpZJt_U

No need to worry! Things are peaceful!

DON'T BELIEVE THEIR LIES

It has to be intentionally misleading, but I'm not sure what the point is. You only know it's a misdirect if you've seen the online promo or know enough of the show to realize that these special weeks are never just fun times in Beach City.

DON'T BELIEVE THEIR LIES

It has to be intentionally misleading, but I'm not sure what the point is. You only know it's a misdirect if you've seen the online promo or know enough of the show to realize that these special weeks are never just fun times in Beach City.

You know what's misleading, the title of the video. 1080p HD my ass; I could count the pixels in that video.

MartyStu

DON'T BELIEVE THEIR LIES

This promo seems almost cruel.

Zubz

Banned
So would you guys say that we're very near the beginning of the end?

They said the story was meant for 5 seasons, so S5 might wrap up most of the big stuff we already have on the table. I'm definitely expecting at least a glimpse of Homeworld by the end of this arc, at least.

zulux21

They said the story was meant for 5 seasons, so S5 might wrap up most of the big stuff we already have on the table. I'm definitely expecting at least a glimpse of Homeworld by the end of this arc, at least.

when they said that was it back when seasons were 50 eps long or after they decided that seasons 2 and 3 need to be split up to make seasons 2-5 instead :p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom