• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gigantic Update "Season of Souls" Released, New Map, New Hero and More!

BlizzKrut

Banned
71b629548ea17c46e1dae0939f0d1ec61507671196.png

Update Notes - http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/Gi...84-update-notes:-season-of-souls-october-2017

Hero Overview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlYtbUayZAw

We are excited to release Season of Souls, the October update for Gigantic! The latest release introduces Gigantic's newest Hero, Ezren Ghal - a mid-ranged caster who steals the souls of his enemies to restore life and cast powerful spells.

Along with Ezren Ghal, Season of Souls brings a ton of new features, matchmaking improvements, and fixes based on the feedback you've provided since launch. For this update, the biggest additions include the new Ember Grove battleground, player profile icons, Hero Confirm text chat, and voice over interactions.

Ezren Ghal's Kit:

LMB/RT // SOUL CALIBER: Medium range attack that deals modest damage. Gain 1 Soul and 50hp on hit. (Maximum 3 Souls) Souls start to dissipate if not gained for 5s.

RMB/LT // SOUL FIRE: Medium range projectile that deals heavy damage. Costs 1 Soul to fire. (no cooldown)

Q/LB // SPECTRAL FORM: 35% damage reduction. Can pass through allies and enemies. Deals damage to enemies around you. Using skills ends Spectral Form early.

E/RB // WELL OF SOULS: Targeted area: After a short delay, deals damage and immobilizes enemies.

F/LS+RS // SOUL BLAST: Steal health and Souls from nearby enemies. After 2s, perform a final blast in a radius around you that deals heavy damage.

Ember Grove (New Map):

Enter the highly anticipated Ember Grove battleground! A dense and mysterious forest, this new map is inhabited by towering timbers, magical mushrooms, and bugwitch bungalows. Players will fight over two friendly points, two enemy points, two neutral points, and one enemy-only point with pathways that funnel the action! The rocky side lanes offer much verticality, as well as nooks and crannies to outmaneuver other players.

Battle to maintain control of contested ground and fight the enemy for dominance over the ancient remains of a massive tree that creates an arena in the heart of the woods.

TripleBee

I had already forgotten about this game - despite playing it when it came out. Will hop back in to check out the update though.

Gonna be honest, I havn't heard of this game in a long time and just completely forgot about it. They aren't spending any marketing at all.

Kade

Looks like a pretty good update. Hopefully it provides the well-needed boost to the game's health. I haven't played it in a while but I'll definitely check out the new map.

Calibos

It's not exactly my type of game, but after 30 or so matches, I can look back and hope that people who enjoy these types of games don't sleep on this one. It really is fantastic!

Great Art
Fun, Addictive gameplay
Smooth performance on X1 and my modest PC

I just wish they had more variety in the Guardians and a little easier exp/unlock system for those of us that can't put in a hundred hours.

EBE

i swear it feels like i only ever get the same desert/canyon map in matchmaking.
another sounds fine as long as i actually get to play it.

Weston

Jumped back in for the first time in a long time. Feels good to be back. Forgot how much fun this game was.

Top Bottom