• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could we be seeing a Gears of War 4 MP reveal this weekend?

Warxard

Banned
I think the era of console MP dominance is over, at least this gen. Multiplatforms are king. Just look at Gears Ultimate. Even as good as Gears 3 was, it plummeted like a rock in the XBL lists. Gears 2 really messed it up, just never recovered or even challenged CoD in non-Halo years.

Still will be day one, especially after the disaster Judgment was. That game came and went and hardly anyone knew or cared.

There are still around 10k or so people playing Gears 3 at peak hours.

Sou Da

Just boil the MP down to a surreal parody of itself and lock players into auto roadie run with infinite ammo gnashers.

pizzacat

Banned

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to be so disappointed when they announce this game has loadouts and cards packs instead of weapon pickups

etta

my hard graphic balls
Well since Halo is dad, maybe Gears can carry Xbox now.
Can't wait for the beta.
Uncharted, Division, Quantum Break, Gears multiplayer... Spring is awesome.

Bullet Marsh is actually one of my favorite maps. Canals is my all time favorite map though. I generally like maps with two snipers.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
How do you become a Gears of War pro-league champ?

Just hope the crapshoot that is the Gnasher goes your way in a shootout?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Well since Halo is dad, maybe Gears can carry Xbox now.
Can't wait for the beta.
Uncharted, Division, Quantum Break, Gears multiplayer... Spring is awesome.

You mean "dead"? I don't think it's dead. I just don't think people are playing it besides those who play it consistently. There really hasn't been a "coming together'' in a while. Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty, etc. etc. It doesn't even feel like another Gears of War is coming in some ways. In some ways Gears of War sorta peaked with 3 and sorta fell off a lot of people's radars with Judgement. It was a good 10 years if you ask me. Don't get me wrong. I can't wait to see Gears of War 4.

I bet it could definitely keep things alive and well. Multiplayer for gears was like a cherry on top. I was probably more in it for the campaign, but I really enjoyed modes like Horde mode and so forth. Something original, but not something too new if you ask me. I like change, but when it does a full 360 then it starts to feel a tad distant.

Pro league gears sounds a bit out there. I don't even know how to feel about recognizing top Gears players. It just feels weird being a fan of the campaign.

leeh

I think the era of console MP dominance is over, at least this gen. Multiplatforms are king. Just look at Gears Ultimate. Even as good as Gears 3 was, it plummeted like a rock in the XBL lists. Gears 2 really messed it up, just never recovered or even challenged CoD in non-Halo years.

Still will be day one, especially after the disaster Judgment was. That game came and went and hardly anyone knew or cared.
I would state with Gears, that the skill curve is just damn high. As soon as GoW:UE released, it was full of people who knew the game and have put a lot of hours into it. You'd have no chance as a new player, I would of thought a lot of people dropped just for that very reason.

iMax

giphy.gif

https://twitter.com/JackFellingTC/status/685914012995825665

Angel_DvA

Big fan of the Gears of War series, the reveal for Gears 4 was pretty bad though, I hope they'll show more of the game as much as possible, I'm ready for tomorrow.

Lothars

I love the gears of War series but with how terrible the multiplayer in the ultimate edition was. I'm hard pressed to care until I see more. I'm hoping they don't screw this up.

Predicted changes

-only returning map is escalation
-gnasher is gone as it just promoted mlg like play and they say they wanted to make the game more accessible
-sawed off is the only starting shotgun
-active reload is automatic because it was "too complex" so now the Longshot is a 1 shot down by default
-flamer, digger and torque bow all removed to "streamline the weapon sandbox"
-no voice chat

:)

please be like Gears 3

and not that inconsistent bullshit Gears UE

I've been playing since day one and, at least in my experience, UE is about as consistent as all the others - probably more so for me personally.

There's the odd case of sponging and the invincibility frames as people go DBNO is frustrating, but otherwise I think it plays great.

I've been playing since day one and, at least in my experience, UE is about as consistent as all the others - probably more so for me personally.

There's the odd case of sponging and the invincibility frames as people go DBNO is frustrating, but otherwise I think it plays great.

Not for me and many others. UE was horrible for my friends and I and many I have talked to on the forums.

Not for me and many others. UE was horrible for my friends and I and many I have talked to on the forums.

That's a shame but again my experience has been different. However, I think it's fair to say every game has had its issues for some.

I'm chuffed that we finally got the ability to choose servers. SirLancerLot and I campaigned for the choice for a long time on the old Epic forums.

They will build off of the core gameplay of Gears 3, I reckon. That being the base makes sense and UE having the issues it does also makes sense because they changed the graphical assets and isn't a remake from the ground up.

Im sure they've come up with something good, they can go back to Gears 1 stylings like a horror/darker vibe, 2 player co-op and other stuff whilst still building it off Gears 3s gameplay.

Perhaps I'm wrong but Gears 3 is generally considered the best in the franchise for a variety of reasons (and is also the best selling), Rod will know to build off the right base instead of bringing a ton of older issues from a decade ago and trying to shape them on a new platform.

Just in response to people saying they had issues with Gears UE etc, some of those just come with the territory unfortunately.

TaterTots

Banned

I've come to learn that some players who say the game is inconsistent have no idea it uses CSA. That's one thing I hope is removed for Gears 4.

TaterTots

Banned
They will build off of the core gameplay of Gears 3, I reckon. That being the base makes sense and UE having the issues it does also makes sense because they changed the graphical assets and isn't a remake from the ground up.

Im sure they've come up with something good, they can go back to Gears 1 stylings like a horror/darker vibe, 2 player co-op and other stuff whilst still building it off Gears 3s gameplay.

Perhaps I'm wrong but Gears 3 is generally considered the best in the franchise for a variety of reasons (and is also the best selling), Rod will know to build off the right base instead of bringing a ton of older issues from a decade ago and trying to shape them on a new platform.

Just in response to people saying they had issues with Gears UE etc, some of those just come with the territory unfortunately.

Gears 3 is definitely my favorite entry, but I've been burned at the stake for claiming it's better than Gears 1. I feel like each game got better......until Judgement.

RoKKeR

I keep forgetting we've already seen Gears 4... and it wasn't a very good showing. Very strange way to end MS's E3 presser last year. Looking forward to seeing what's in store for the MP.

Honestly, I don't care, lol.

Very constructive comment, a trend you seem to be a fan of. Nobody gives a shit that you don't give a shit.

M52B28

Banned
He got banned quickly. I'm not sure if it was from this thread or another.

My brother and I are very, very excited to see this game. All throughout Christmas, we were playing Gears of War on Xbox 360 and having a ball. I look forward to more of that on Xbox One.

Top Bottom