• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.
What crazy trolling. Yes I riked it

Could it be Liquid? No other Snake has lost an arm that we know of. Though Solidus was all hidden under a mechanical suit.

Its like a crazy fusion of all the Snakes

Big Boss may have lost an arm after MG1. He was basically a cyborg (similar to Raiden) in MG2.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@geoffkeighley 8:12 PM
Thanks for all the VGA feedback. The Phantom Pain is an a completely game, nothing that has been shown before. I assure you of that.

Salsa

gotta love how Geoff was all "ONE OF OUR TRAILERS IS LIKE A PUZZLE AND EVERYONE'S GONNA BE PUTTING PIECES TOGETHER"

and then we all realized its obviously MGS like 10 seconds into the trailer

Thanks for all the VGA feedback. The Phantom Pain is an a completely game, nothing that has been shown before. I assure you of that.

well its cool to know its not ground zeroes

braves01

Banned
Moby Dick said:
"AND I ONLY AM ESCAPED ALONE TO TELL THEE" Job.

The drama's done. Why then here does any one step forth?—Because one did survive the wreck.
It was the devious-cruising Rachel, that in her retracing search after her missing children, only found another orphan.

Seemed like an escape in the trailer. This is from the last chapter of Moby Dick. It's dumb to look this deep into it but we are dealing with Kojima. Maybe the guy in the video was one of those child soldiers Big Boss recruited?

Because Kojima would totally tell him what he's doing...

Just like he told everyone about Raiden.

bwMmT.jpg

Doctor Kio Marv?

@geoffkeighley said:

I'm assuming geoff meant to say its a completely new game. Which means its not GZ and most likely Project Ogre/MGS5/whatever is supposed to come out after GZ

Why is Snake so thin in this? Even if we're saying it's all a hallucination, he's still unnaturally thin. He's supposed to be fairly muscular

l_50c2af78523b04luod.jpg

Pyrrhus

Maybe somebody's already suggested this, but what if that's actually Solid Snake?

We never saw his body without the suit in MGS4 did we? And they said that it had some kind of artificial muscle system augmenting his diminished strength. So maybe he's really that atrophied. And they aren't showing the left side of his face, which was burned in MGS4.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, after Vietnam. He got super injured and was in a coma. This is also the timeframe where Zero stoles his sperm.

Do you know whereabouts in the timeframe that could be?

Only way I can explain the hand is that paramedic (Dr. Clark) created a nanomachine hand, and Big Boss wears gloves, so maybe he has a nanomachine hand?

Dunno, pulling this shit outta my ass and seeing what sticks.

Salsa

the most interesting thing for me about all of this is that Keifer Sutherland is voicing a character in a Metal Gear Solid game

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So we have:

- Continued play on "phantom", where "Two Phantoms were born" stands as the tagline for Ground Zeroes' first concept material.
- Volgin lookalike wreathed in flames.
- Hallucinating petals straight from MGS3's climax.
- Floating figure with audible breaths muffled by mask, ala Psycho Mantis.
- Similar facial scars between in-game model and Snake concept art for Ground Zeroes.
- That fucking mullet.
- Joakim Mogren, where Joakim is an anagram for Kojima.

Maybe somebody's already suggested this, but what if that's actually Solid Snake?

We never saw his body without the suit in MGS4 did we? And they said that it had some kind of artificial muscle system augmenting his diminished strength. So maybe he's really that atrophied. And they aren't showing the left side of his face, which was burned in MGS4.
We did see it, he looked kind of like that. But this guy is visibly younger IMO. He is also missing a hand

Also, Volgin would be too old to be alive, and he is the one of the major things piecing this to being an MGS game

Salsa

So we have:

- Continued play on "phantom", where "Two Phantoms were born" stands as the tagline for Ground Zeroes' first concept material.
- Volgin lookalike wreathed in flames.
- Hallucinating petals straight from MGS3's climax.
- Floating figure with audible breaths muffled by mask, ala Psycho Mantis.
- Similar facial scars between in-game model and Snake concept art for Ground Zeroes.
- That fucking mullet.
- Joakim Mogren, where Joakim is an anagram for Kojima.

I feel kinda insulted for being treated as someone who would find this PUZZLING, who the hell wouldnt realize this is metal gear on like a first watch

god dammit Kojima, do something else

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This is by far the best mind fuck in videogame history.

labeling it as a completely new studio and shit.

Wow just wow Kojima.

Had Big Boss been cloned before or after the events of Peace Walker?

This might be the story of Les Enfants Terribles?

He was cloned before Peace Walker. It's why he's running his own military company in PW, as a matter of fact, the whole cloning thing pissed him off and he left America.

i-Lo

Fucking Kojima man

jQV8v.jpg

WOW! Great discovery sire.

This could be either a second parallel game or Ground Zeroes itself just renamed for premiering a new trailer.

Looking at the whale and the certain segments in the hospital, I am certain that there are portions of the trailer that display his hallucinations/dream sequences.

Spazznid

The trailer has been phantomed from the internet? I can't find it via google, or anything. someone have a working link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom