• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

Doomsayer

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
It's truly amazing how divisive this is.

Black people: stop killing us
White people: don't protest like that, or that, or that way either.

Zeke

its infuriating how this has turned into "don't disrespect mah flag!" instead of having a conversation about why Kap started protesting to fucking begin with. Makes me feel bad for Kap trying to shine more light on injustice against POC and it all being overshadowed by the fucking flag/anthem.

Hindl

Is it though? It shouldn't be but systemic racism and telling black people to shut up and get in line is woven into the DNA of this country. You could see it coming into the forefront with all the dogwhistles during the Obama years. Shits gonna get worse too

Zeke

its on for tonight boys! I hope I'm not let down

PHOENIX
The Dallas Cowboys plan to protest during the national anthem before Monday’s game against the Arizona Cardinals, per multiple sources.

Nothing has been firmed up and they will likely come to some decision in the locker room. It may not be a coordinated effort. It may just be a few individuals.

One player said, “We have to do something.”

Said another, “It’s not going to be business as usual. He crossed a line. Something will be done.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article175271431.html#storylink=cpy

Slo

I can't speak for all white dudes, but rural white people around me have absolutely no attachment to whatever cause is bothering Kaep (and other black people). It's seriously like elevator music.

From their perspective, the exchange is more like:

Black people: *mumble* *mumble* *mumble* Fuck the flag!
White people: WTF are these people goin' on about? Nevermind, let's just make them stop.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
DKlDwmRXUAAL4sO.jpg

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/912334905081782273/photo/1

Last two weeks Darius Slay has covered OBJ and Julio Jones. Jaguars secondary is pretty fierce too.

Also the Detroit Lions twitter account put Dean Blandino in place RE: the last second call from yesterdays DET-ATL game.

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/912074133219012608

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Do you not realize how racist America is
I do. It's still amazing.

its infuriating how this has turned into "don't disrespect mah flag!" instead of having a conversation about why Kap started protesting to fucking begin with. Makes me feel bad for Kap trying to shine more light on injustice against POC and it all being overshadowed by the fucking flag/anthem.
this is more of what I was getting at.

Is it though? It shouldn't be but systemic racism and telling black people to shut up and get in line is woven into the DNA of this country. You could see it coming into the forefront with all the dogwhistles during the Obama years. Shits gonna get worse too
Obama did make a fair amount of individuals lose their goddamn mind. But would they have if not for all the blatant propoganda by fox News and rush etc.

Top Bottom