• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump denounces missile launch from Iran that didn't happen.

Iranian state television released video footage Friday claiming to show the launch of a new type of medium-range ballistic missile, a few hours after it was displayed during a military parade in Tehran.

But it turns out Iran never fired a ballistic missile, sources say.

The video released by the Iranians was more than seven months old – dating back to a failed launch in late January, which resulted in the missile exploding shortly after liftoff, according to two U.S. officials.

President Trump had originally responded to the reported launch in a late-Saturday tweet, saying, “Iran just test-fired a Ballistic Missile capable of reaching Israel. They are also working with North Korea. Not much of an agreement we have!”

This was after Trump, speaking before world leaders at the United Nations, called the Iran nuclear deal an “embarrassment” to the United States.

oh my fucking god.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...missile-launch-was-fake-us-officials-say.html

-Iran tries to act like they have the biggest dick in the world by pretending they tested a missile.

-Trump immediately believes them and doesn't check with his staff and proclaims that they tested a missile.

:facepalm:

President Trump had originally responded to the reported launch in a late-Saturday tweet, saying, “Iran just test-fired a Ballistic Missile capable of reaching Israel. They are also working with North Korea. Not much of an agreement we have!”

Just blatantly making shit up

Tamanon

Banned
I....

He has the full weight of the military and intelligence branches to provide him actual, real information.

It's just dumb.

Tarrin

giphy.gif

orochi91

He so desperately wants a reason to launch a war against Iran...

I don't doubt for a second that Bibi and the Gulf Monarchs are pushing for this behind the scenes.

:/

Eusis

At least an Iran government source made shit up this time rather than some random website, so I guess we're improving in regards to Trump responding to fake bullshit.

brian577

Banned
oh my fucking god.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...missile-launch-was-fake-us-officials-say.html

-Iran tries to act like they have the biggest dick in the world by pretending they tested a missile.

-Trump immediately believes them and doesn't check with his staff and proclaims that they tested a missile.

:facepalm:

I don't want to defend the man but this was considered actual news from the actual media. When the announcement was made I had no reason to believe it wasn't real, why should he?

Zolo

I don't want to defend the man but this was considered actual news from the actual media. When the announcement was made I had no reason to believe it wasn't real, why should he?

The problem is that he shouldn't be solely relying on information from news stations like he's an old man sitting at home. He should wait for confirmation from his intelligence networks.

Trouble

Banned

Because he's the fucking president and should be getting his info from our intelligence agencies?

The good news part of this scenario is that everyone and their dog knows the US has a raging dumb fuck as a leader so no one really gives a shit about what he says. I am sure if Obama did something like this there would be Ambassadorial issues up the ass.

Because he has the full force of Homeland fucking Security to provide intel on missile launches, unlike you. Do you think all our previous presidents got their intel reports from Fox News?

tbm24

Matter of time before a country tried trolling trump on this level. Dude has gone on twitter and lied about talking to his generals on multiple occasions.

RinsFury

Fuck Twitter for not just banning this stupid fucks account already. Would he even be able to stop them from doing it?

It's probably their greatest source of income.

I'd be surprised if he were. Despite how active he is on Twitter, he's not actually that big. And half of his followers are fake. It explains why none of his tweets are that popular. Meanwhile 12 of the top 20 most liked tweets ever are by Obama.

Lunar15

I've actually started thinking the people who said we should just make up shit Obama did and tweet it out so that trump will do the exact opposite were right. I'm now at the point where I'm convinced it will work.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Just setting up his bullshit so that he can revoke the nuke deal with them.

It's probably their greatest source of income.
I feel like I've read somewhere that his twitter account is worth a few hundred million to them. Who knows really what it's worth. I don't think even twitter understands why they are worth money.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
lol this is insane

It'll take years for the US to get rid of this guy's foul stench. Consider the damage he can and will do if nothing happens and stays in the seat.

full

Wasn't that during the same press conference were Trump lied the antifascist protestors didn't have a permit?

Hard to keep track of the times he didn't want to take a stance on nazis. This was from the New Yorker Feb 2016.

Over the weekend, Trump’s purported indifference to support from white supremacists and fascists became an inescapable problem. He had retweeted a Mussolini quote from @ilduce2016 (which, it turned out, was an account created by Gawker to trap Trump)—“It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep”—and, when asked, on NBC, if he wanted to associate himself with Mussolini, he said that he wanted "to be associated with interesting quotes.” He added, "Mussolini was Mussolini. . . . What difference does it make?" On CNN, Jake Tapper pressed him about David Duke, and Trump, seeming to forget that he had given a one-line disavowal, reverted to a position of theatrical incomprehension: "Just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke, O.K.?" Tapper asked three times if Trump would denounce the Klan’s support, and each time Trump declined. "I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists," he said. "So I don't know. I don't know—did he endorse me, or what's going on? Because I know nothing about David Duke; I know nothing about white supremacists."

Top Bottom