• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra Book 2 HYPE Thread (Book 1 & 2 Spoilers inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

I was only really remember the book 2 to book 3 wait. It was actually less time than Korra.

But then they took a long break after Day of Black Sun. I remember that people were desperate for new episodes, Canada managed to air The Western Air Temple and The Firebending Masters right after DoBS while the U.S. had to wait. After that it was a couple of months and a shady site that will not be named had a user who got a hold of the Book 3 Volume 3 DVD, which had the Canadian premiered episodes as well as the never before seen Boiling Rock eoisodes. The guy managed to rip the DVD on his own and everyone got to see Boilng Rock.

And then began the long wait till July 2008. That's when Nickelodeon decided to air the epusodes the US had not gotten yet along with the final set of episodes. Was a crazy freaking week which ended with Sozins Comet on the Friday that The Dark Knight came out on. I'll never forget that day, probably the most mood whiplashy day ever seeing The Dark Knight at midnight, watching Sozins Comet in the evening and then finding out that my aunt died and having to drive to Montreal in the middle of the night.

Ah memories.

that sounds like the nonsense that happened to gravity falls.

Shags

Banned
I still have no idea what they plan on doing after this season and after they brushed off the equalist movement/revolution in book one. Will the spirit world cause a conflict that will be throughout the remaining books? Or is this another one off story.

There's so many directions they can take that I wouldn't count them out just yet. But if this book ends in a similar manner to the first then I don't see much redemption.

SykoTech

I think the this is the best cartoon ever. Is there anything on par that i might like?

Have you watched the previous series, Avatar: The Last Airbender?

If not, then you definitely should. It's like Korra, but way better. Although it does have a slower start.

Omikaru

Hey KorraGAF, does someone on here have access to that Legend of Korra iPad app thing that was mentioned a few weeks/months back?

I want some screenshots so I can lift assets from it for the OT. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

shira

tumblr_lwfrxqfZF91qirapio1_500.gif

Wherz mai ohtee Okimaru?

Omikaru

tumblr_lwfrxqfZF91qirapio1_500.gif

Wherz mai ohtee Okimaru?

Almost done! :D

It's all written out. I literally just have images to do, and a few links to outside imagery like artwork and legal streams. I was hoping to get it in time for exactly 7 days before broadcast, but I missed the boat on that because things cropped up this week. I said no later than the Saturday before release when I claimed it, and I plan on sticking to that.

It will definitely be done at some point tonight, or by tomorrow morning US time.

Edit: Quick update. I'm done, but I'm too tired to properly proofread it, so I'm holding off until tomorrow. Will post as soon as I've had my morning coffee and proofread it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom