• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Too hot! Hit up rattlesnake ridge today.

9ZxE8Pz.jpg

Fe47lp6.jpg

leroidys

Didn't think today was that unbearable, then my idiot roommate baked cupcakes. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck it's too hot to sleep.

Mortemis

Banned
I need some breeze. 😩

Our highs will be back in the 70s tomorrow and will be there for a while, so at least we'll be back to best weather.

I went to the M's game, our seats were in the shade, and I somehow still got sunburned. My stand up AC unit is working well in my apartment though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
4th of July in Wallingford is the most nightmarish traffic horror. Here's a list of things that will happen:

1. People will get towed from in front of hydrants.
2. people will dump Dick's burger wrappers in my yard.
3. Someone will park in my driveway.
4. Someone will block THAT car in.
5. Hours after the display is over, gang members from the U District will actually shoot guns AND loose off illegal fireworks.
6. I will get stuck trying to get into or out of my neighborhood.

We get home from Morocco/Netherlands the morning of the 4th and are hoping we can stay awake for a party at our friends' place in West Seattle. We'll see.

DeVeAn

You're fucked, I'm sorry dude.

The waitlist for low-income housing is years long at this point.

You could look north, maybe... Northgate, Mountlake Terrace... maybe Lynnwood?

Long story short: you can work here, but don't expect to live here. Rich NIMBY homeowners are really pressuring the city council to stay away from true densification. (The current upzones are happening in already dense districts.) Without a seachange in voting demographics here (guess who the primary voting constituency is, by a country mile?) nothing will ever get done.
Yeah I figured. Might go back to SoCal and come back better prepared.

leroidys

Yeah I figured. Might go back to SoCal and come back better prepared.

Commuting in from up north isn't necessarily that bad. My commute is currently ~3 miles inside of the city, and can take 50 minutes. When I was commuting in from Snohomish county it wasn't that much longer. This is all public transit fwiw.

DeVeAn

Commuting in from up north isn't necessarily that bad. My commute is currently ~3 miles inside of the city, and can take 50 minutes. When I was commuting in from Snohomish county it wasn't that much longer. This is all public transit fwiw.

The struggle is real here for me. I mean the wife hasn't found work since December. I barely make enough to pay rent and bills with enough for food for two. I am probably going to chalk it up as a learning experience and head back "home". Was a nice adventure but, not enjoying the work I'm doing either. I luckily have a grandmother that will allow me to stay with her until I get things together again.

leroidys

The struggle is real here for me. I mean the wife hasn't found work since December. I barely make enough to pay rent and bills with enough for food for two. I am probably going to chalk it up as a learning experience and head back "home". Was a nice adventure but, not enjoying the work I'm doing either. I luckily have a grandmother that will allow me to stay with her until I get things together again.
I'm sorry things aren't working out, the city is getting real rough for everyone not making six figures. Way different place than when I grew up. Best of luck.

jb1234

I'm sorry things aren't working out, the city is getting real rough for everyone not making six figures. Way different place than when I grew up. Best of luck.

I'm on disability. Staying in the city is seriously becoming like pulling teeth. Such a shame because for the most part, I do love it here.

FooTemps

It's seriously insane, I've had friends move home because 75k wasn't enough just to pay rent and bills. Hell, I was making 65k and had to move back in with my parents.

Hope all you guys/gals out there make it, Seattle's a seriously rough market unless you're rich, lucky, or happy with living paycheck to paycheck.

finalflame

Gold Member
Why does Nintendo use Taleo? >.>

It's weird how companies here in Seattle/Eastside like to use old-school corporate/enterprise platforms that are usually super clunky and inelegant. Coming from the Bay Area where everyone was most likely using the latest and most elegantly designed SaaS platform for whatever they needed. I see it at work often, and just around me as well. Microsoft and a lot of these companies having their roots here likely doesn't help.

Anyone watch the mayoral debate last night? Derkin was super stiff, Oliver did a good job and I still like Cary Moon but I think I'm leaning more toward Jessyn Farrel now.

Anyone here into live music and stuff? I'm helping/playing a few shows coming up in August.

Going to shows is the most babysitter worthy of outings. Definitely going to at least the Helio Sequence mural show (with the kids though), maybe other mural shows. Also going to see Temples at the Showbox in August.

Got any links to your music?

Brakke

Banned
Hey I'm selling a 2006 Ford Escape if y'all or anyone you know is interested. Priced to move. PM me if you want details.

I've got tickets for Broken Social Scene and Slowdive in the Fall. Probably gonna go to the free Telekinesis show for my birthday with my family and friends.

I went to the M's game today with my wife and daughter. Was Wekfest the thing with cars at WaMu Theater? What is Wekfest?

Damn, I think we were at the same M's game. I saw the huge line and I asked a guy in line what the line was for and he told me Wekfest. I didn't know what Wekfest was so I just continued peacefully on to Safeco Field. Honestly the game was a bore so maybe I should have just went to Wekfest instead. :|

KRaZyAmmo

Damn, I think we were at the same M's game. I saw the huge line and I asked a guy in line what the line was for and he told me Wekfest. I didn't know what Wekfest was so I just continued peacefully on to Safeco Field. Honestly the game was a bore so maybe I should have just went to Wekfest instead. :|

I was at the very front of that line in front of the event center. There were a lot of high quality builds at Wekfest. There was even low riders, trucks, vintage and classic cars, restromods, and tons of modified cars.

Here's my pics. Not exactly high quality and I'm no professional photographer.
Wekfest Seattle

?

Felix pitched a good game.

Seager hit a home run.

We won.

I don't even know anymore.

Top Bottom