• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

18-Volt

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...E00992_00-THEBARDSTALERNRD?emcid=pa-st-111690

Bard's Tale is up on US PSN.

5GB, apparently (there's a separate listing for PS4). Wonder how big it actually is.

When Bard's Gold hit the PSN, I thought it was Bard's Tale and got a little excited. I was like, "Man it's not what I thought it is. Bard's Tale would never come to Vita". And here it is. on Vita.

Downloading right now. Maybe other inXile iOS stuff could come to Vita too? Choplifter HD, Star Wars Kotor and Baldur's Gate HD (Which devs were considering a Vita port).

The next SAO game is finally tackling GGO. Shame, I always wanted to see a shooty SAO on Vita.

This one is PS4/XB1/PC, so they're really doubling down on the west with the IP.

In other news, Nitoris Media are looking for feedback on features for their wrestling game:

https://twitter.com/NitorisMedia/status/898338797661806593

Downloading right now. Maybe other inXile iOS stuff could come to Vita too? Choplifter HD, Star Wars Kotor and Baldur's Gate HD (Which devs were considering a Vita port).

inXile weren't involved with Baldur's Gate HD (only Dark Alliance, which didn't get HD ports). Still I do remember whoever it was making it looking into bringing Enhanced Edition to Vita.

18-Volt

Im okay with moving the SAO titles to PS4

I'm totally not. I'm a handheld fan, not a Playstation fan and time consuming games like SAO are best played on handhelds. I'm baffled by Namco's decision to skip Switch. Hell, I don't understand why Namco ignores Switch, they haven't announced anything besides Dragonball Xenoverse 2. How the hell could us, Vita fans, make the transition to Switch without Namco there?

Tizoc

Sorry for asking this here but I couldn't find the PS thread >_>;
Anyone know where to find a cheap copy of Borderlands 2 vita US?

Loaded up my PSVita after a long time and am doing some housecleaning on it as I also plan on getting games I missed out on initially.

I'm totally not. I'm a handheld fan, not a Playstation fan and time consuming games like SAO are best played on handhelds. I'm baffled by Namco's decision to skip Switch. Hell, I don't understand why Namco ignores Switch, they haven't announced anything besides Dragonball Xenoverse 2. How the hell could us, Vita fans, make the transition to Switch without Namco there?

While I question the non Switch decision, it really was time for them to move on from Vita. When their last few games have looked and run like hot ass, it really was time for them to let things go. No matter how big a fan you may be, at some point you really should put quality before portability. Just like with Atelier at this point.

18-Volt

While I question the non Switch decision, it really was time for them to move on from Vita. When their last few games have looked and run like hot ass, it really was time for them to let things go. No matter how big a fan you may be, at some point you really should put quality before portability. Just like with Atelier at this point.

Yeah I'll do that, the moment Sony announces a PS4 iteration that could fit in my pocket. It doesn't matter how these games run on PS4, they mean nothing when I don't have enough time at home to play them. I still haven't figured out what kind of people have 80+ hours at home to finish such games, I haven't had that much free time since freaking kindergarten. I'm serious.

Handhelds are different story though. They make finishing demanding games much easier, you don't have to be locked in your living room. I hope Namco turns around and starts supporting Switch. Only support Switch really needs is Namco's.

Shizuka

Atelier is a mess because Gust is not putting in the effort anymore, as the game hasn't evolved graphically to the point of being constrained by the Vita.

Olengie

I have to choose quality. Can the Vita handle UE4?

autoduelist

Posting it here just in case, but Humble Bundle is having a 2K Playstation Bundle, and the $1 tier has 2 Vita games, Civilization Revolution 2 Plus and XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus. Game quality aside, that's an amazing price. You'll basically get a PSN code to activate the game on PSN.

I think i paid $30 for both. This is a great bundle for those that don't have them.

When Bard's Gold hit the PSN, I thought it was Bard's Tale and got a little excited. I was like, "Man it's not what I thought it is. Bard's Tale would never come to Vita". And here it is. on Vita.

I asked in the main thread, but the question might get better traction here... does it have the original trilogy included like the PC/mobile versions do?

I'd rather they just tried putting optimization in more than anything else. Atelier can and has run better; it's just laziness (or perhaps lack of resources) on Gust's part. Same with Accel World really - Artdink have produce better looking games which run MUCH better than AW did.

I honestly don't mind them moving on from Vita. It probably is time, but I do really wish we lived in a world where handheld games were still a thing. I get the market is small, but it's such a shame no-one cares about it anymore and targets the highest-end possible.

i-Jest

Sorry for asking this here but I couldn't find the PS thread >_>;
Anyone know where to find a cheap copy of Borderlands 2 vita US?

Loaded up my PSVita after a long time and am doing some housecleaning on it as I also plan on getting games I missed out on initially.

Check your local mom and pop shops, I don't know where you are, but if you have a local game retailer like EB Games or Gamestop, call and locations near you. If it has an online store, check for available copies. Assuming there is one, check the online stock checker for and locations that have stock. Do a Google search for "Boarderlands 2 Vita (insert country your in)".

Good luck.

Hycran

Banned
Hey Vita Gaf, sorry to bother you guys but not sure where else to do this. If anyone can help me with the replay download trophy for SF X Tekken that would be much appreciated. PM if you have a minute to assist <3

The Bard's Tale PS Vita Gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjthPxudD98&t

Edit:

Played a bit myself. According to the credits this was a one-man-port and you can see that. It doesn't run terrible, but it could be a lot better. Lot's of stuttering and framedrops when the action kicks in. Still an entertaining game, though.

I'm always amazed by these one-man port jobs. Like, I sometimes wonder if they get green-lighted because the porter is a real fan of the platform and offers to do all the work themselves.

edit: Also, it was reported a few days ago that Children of Morta might be cancelled for Vita. Seems that isn't the case (for now):

https://twitter.com/ChildrenOfMorta/status/898538156466819072

Sorry for double post, just thought I'd share that I've written my first new article in aggggessss and I'm quite happy with it haha. 10 more Vita localizations that should have happened:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....vita-localizations-that-should-have-happened/

I re-visited an article I wrote a year ago, it's actually quite impressive that a number of the games included in it have finally come west. But there's still stuff missing that I'd have loved to have overseas.

Saphirax

Sorry for double post, just thought I'd share that I've written my first new article in aggggessss and I'm quite happy with it haha. 10 more Vita localizations that should have happened:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....vita-localizations-that-should-have-happened/

I re-visited an article I wrote a year ago, it's actually quite impressive that a number of the games included in it have finally come west. But there's still stuff missing that I'd have loved to have overseas.

Ah, K-T and their aversion to Vita. Such a shame. Angelique would've been nice.

Ah, K-T and their aversion to Vita. Such a shame. Angelique would've been nice.

I'd say they were pretty big on Vita for a while, right up until this year when they dropped it like a rock (and I'm still mad about - if this was any other thread I'd get hordes of people quoting me pictures of Blue Reflection and telling me it looks like crap, but I honestly don't care and would rather play on the go).

Their aversion to anything that resembles a VN is what bothers me more. Would've loved Ciel Offline in the west; and I'd definitely have tried any of their otome games (particularly Harukana). But Aksys are our only bet for getting otome over here and they seem pretty tied up with Otomate titles.

I'm always depressed after articles like this. I'd like to have them all, tbh. And I'm still hoping for Coven.

As a big fan of the SRPG genre I really miss the final Luminous Arc (and 3). But atleast we got the proper sequel to the series called Stella Glow. Imo one of the best recent games no one played. The perfect swan song from IMAGEPOOCH. It's on 3DS, though.

I'm always depressed after articles like this. I'd like to have them all, tbh. And I'm still hoping for Coven.

Coven seems the most likely to actually come, although I've a feeling it'll skip Vita and do something like PS4/PC in the west. Hope I'm wrong.

Apart from that, I can't see any of them happening any more. Possibly we might get an LRG-shaped Uppers miracle I guess.

Shizuka

Lots of Marvelous and Nippon Ichi. That said, with many quality hunting titles on the platform, at this point I don't see an issue with Square-Enix skipping Lord of Apocalypse, it's just not that good to fret over.

Lots of Marvelous and Nippon Ichi. That said, with many quality hunting titles on the platform, at this point I don't see an issue with Square-Enix skipping Lord of Apocalypse, it's just not that good to fret over.

The point wasn't so much "it's skipped now" as "why did they skip it at the time?"

I imported it in any case. Still haven't played it yet though.

OT: Still Time is coming to Vita:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...l-temporal-physics-hits-ps4ps-vita-next-week/

dallow_bg

nods at old men
i'm getting the Mary Skelter LE tomorrow on the EU iffy store, how long do these things usually stay in stock for?

Their last Vita LE is still in stock, and the one before that took months to sell out.
Maybe this game is more popular, but I don't know.

Shizuka

SUMMON NIGHT 6 APPROVAL PART DEUX

Aug 17, 2017 - Good news, bad news. Bad news, Summon Night 6 failed QA testing at Sony. But, the good news is, it wasn't because of any bugs in the actual game. It came up clean for crashes, glitches, etc. The only errors were technical, and one system bug where custom music interfered with game music. So, the game's solid, but we still have to resubmit to the QA process again. We've been working on getting the technical issues cleared and should be making a new set of ROMs to submit soon. It's a drag that we're not telling you about the release right now instead, but the upside is that the first test at Sony confirmed the game itself is solid. Thanks again for your patience and long-suffering support in this process - you'll have the game in hand soon. We'll have a gameplay trailer of the English version coming to tide you over and will keep you posted when the game goes back into QA, hopefully late next week.

Source: Gaijinworks.

Saphirax

How does it not? It's Gaijinworks we're talking about. I'm fully expecting this to be Early 2018, with the collector's edition being delayed even further for any random reason.

It's baffling that this keeps happening to Gaijinworks. It's not like this is their first game either. But, yeah - we'll probably be lucky to get SN6 this year.

Ventara

Great article! Luminous Arc, Coven and Hero Must Die are ones I had hoped would be localized but didn't. With XSEED, the way theor business is right now with moving towards PC, I guess it's not surprising they skipped. Still a real shame. Someone else should have come to the rescue. NISA has surprisingly skipped a few NIS games that seemed like shoe-ins, Great Edo Blacksmith being another one. They've been strong supporters of the Vita, only occasionally realising a title digital-only. If I had to guess why they skipped these titles, I'd say they simply didn have the manpower. They lost a few translators who formed their own company, Acctil (what happened to them?), which must've taken its toll.

NISA has surprisingly skipped a few NIS games that seemed like shoe-ins, Great Edo Blacksmith being another one. They've been strong supporters of the Vita, only occasionally realising a title digital-only. If I had to guess why they skipped these titles, I'd say they simply didn have the manpower. They lost a few translators who formed their own company, Acctil (what happened to them?), which must've taken its toll.

They have, but with Longest Five Minutes & Penny Pinching Princess that's both of their 2018 titles as digital-only. I'd say they're a lot less keen on the handheld now than they have been in the past (although that still doesn't explain HMD).

Lol, that's fine. It'll come whenever it comes. I just hope Gaijin have already started working on something else (for Vita!)

Top Bottom