• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 mass production is happening (Leaked pictures on Chinese board)

mojo2

Neo Member
Box should've been solid black with a small PS4 logo in the bottom corner.

My thoughts exactly. I even made a picture of it.

nimet%C3%B6n.jpg

That blue box reminds me of the old Store. Not good.

Iacobellis

They try to avoid it if given a choice. PS3 was weird in that it was the sucessor to the Playstation that they all knew and loved but also huge as fuck. But besides that, bigger gadgets aren't popular over here. It's mostly because of space, my ex's stepfather was the manager of Sony's Audio department and the apartment he could afford on his salary was pitiful compared to what you could buy for the same money anywhere else.

I imagine there's only a dozen Kinects there, then.

Well we now have developers openly saying everyone they talk to say it's a 50% speed difference between consoles, so the Xbox One secret sauce must be incredible to go from a 30% deficit to 50% advantage.

Which developers? Got any links to back that up? I don't think I've seen a single developer take a stand, much less multiple developers (and it hasn't even approached everyone).

Not saying there isn't a difference, but it seems like everyone is playing it close to the vest.

The PS4 does look sexy, offcourse still a bit concerned about the heat given its small size and PSU inside that box.

Outside of that as far as design the only thing that I don't like is how the DS4 is constructed, in that picture it appears to have two different shades of black were the to containment pieces meet at the bottom. I know minor gripe but still I dunno in a picture it makes it look a little cheap.

Its probably the lighting or something.

Bottom is probably matte or rubber to help with your grip, hence the difference in shade. Actually matches up pretty well with the console which also has two different shades of black (matte plus glossy). PS2 slim consoles did it too, it's a bit of a PlayStation tradition.

Vizzeh

Banned
Bottom is probably matte or rubber to help with your grip, hence the difference in shade. Actually matches up pretty well with the console which also has two different shades of black (matte plus glossy). PS2 slim consoles did it too, it's a bit of a PlayStation tradition.

I wonder what the PS4 Slim will look like...maybe a beermat that you just place a disc on.

velociraptor

While the Xbox One box has a classier box design, I don't think the PS4 box looks that bad.

It could be worse. It could look like the PS3 Slim box.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
The PS4 does look sexy, offcourse still a bit concerned about the heat given its small size and PSU inside that box.

Outside of that as far as design the only thing that I don't like is how the DS4 is constructed, in that picture it appears to have two different shades of black were the to containment pieces meet at the bottom. I know minor gripe but still I dunno in a picture it makes it look a little cheap.

Its probably the lighting or something.

so concerned!

Dark Rider

You can't DM someone on twitter until you follow each other.
Spam protection from Twitter requires both parties to follow each other before they can direct message. I deal with this issue every day.
Because that's how Twitter works? You can only DM someone who follows you to prevent spamming.

At least do a Google search before you say something is bullshit.
You obviously don't know how Twitter works -_-

Why does he need to tell Evillore his user name in private?
All what Evillore needs is his user name, which we all will find out soon enough anyways
after all, his account will be mod verified as MN account and we all know his user name on GAF

DM is not needed IMHO

EDIT:
on topic: This is fantastic, Sony make sure to deliver mine first

Ark

Why does he need to tell Evillore his user name in private?
All what Evillore needs is his user name, which we all will find out soon enough anyways
after all, his account will be mod verified as MN account and we all know his user name on GAF

DM is not needed IMHO

EDIT:
on topic: This is fantastic, Sony make sure to deliver mine first

His email address, not his GAF username.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Damn too late for that up clock, maybe a firmware update lol
They could have changed things before production if they wanted to adjust clocks. I just hope they confirm the specs at the Japan Conference on Monday. I've just been curious what the actual CPU clock speed is for a while. I like to know what exactly I'm getting when it comes to tech.

There were talks at GamesCom from devs that the PS4 had a substantial 3D advantage

Which devs? Are there links? Again, I'm not doubting it, but a) I'm kind of surprised because everyone has been afraid to discuss a genuine advantage and b) I'm a fan of evidence.

The onus isn't on you, anyway, but I don't know if the other guy will ever respond.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Which devs? Are there links? Again, I'm not doubting it, but a) I'm kind of surprised because everyone has been afraid to discuss a genuine advantage and b) I'm a fan of evidence.

The onus isn't on you, anyway, but I don't know if the other guy will ever respond.
Only off the record comments from people at GC and PAX. No concrete links, just some gaffers talking about what they heard in conversation.

NHale

Here it is but unfortunately I'm afraid it will not exactly please you but this is the evidence:

mGoYRv7.jpg

https://twitter.com/adrianchm/status/375992980634480640

Considering who he is and who he worked for, you can safely guess who he is talking to, so Microsoft has to be happy that Unreal 4 games are showing a 50% speed advantage on the One compared to PS4.

Top Bottom