• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations is headed to 360, PS3, PC and WiiU May 21st, 2013

If 3D support isn't confirmed on consoles, I will grab the PC version and cross my fingers. I can't imagine playing this much without 3D.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I guess I'll get it.

Davey Cakes

Well, I won't be double dipping, but I'm glad that more people can enjoy the game! I haven't played RE6 but Revelations was in line with RE5 (or better in some ways) so it should satisfy some of the fans who missed out previously due to 3DS exclusivity.

Unless you play Raid mode, while you have a partner for much of the game there isn't any co-op bullshit like in RE5 (or RE6 from what I've heard). The scenarios are mostly designed for one player in mind so it's a bit more of a return to RE4 in that way. Not on the level of RE4 as a game, but still very worth a shot.

The side chapters aren't great, but the on-ship parts are mostly good. A cruise liner is an interesting setting for an RE game.

And anyone who liked Lost in Nightmares should just get this game. In its first chapters, at least, it feels a lot like LiN, and if you're hooked after the first hour then maybe you'll be happy enough to beat the entire game, even with its flawed execution.

guek

Banned
WiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiWiiUWiiUWiiUiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiUWiiU

sound dem sirens, we finally got a new game

edit: "new" :p

Tizoc

Any word on a digital release?
Might get the PC ver. if its going for $40...and then used sicount codes to get it for $30 or less =V

omonimo

Banned
Wait a minute, they don't increase tex res/poly count & want 49,99€? Yeah, how not, you deserve bankrupt capcom :| I'm glad dmc & re6 gone bad.

Gartooth

Already played it on 3DS, decent game but not worth paying to have it a 2nd time. (especially because it only came out last year)

Also surprised to see that it is launching on all 4 major platforms, especially Wii U. I have to wonder though that if the negative impact from both RE6 and RE:ORC will end up hurting the sales of this game, so it will be interesting to watch.

Neiteio

What's the price in real money? Also, hell yes I will buy this. The additions, especially to Raid, sound fantastic.

Gambit

I liked it so much, I might even double-dip. On Wii U, hopefully with the some gyro controls. Screw dual analog!

May...day

Worth a rental I guess! Might've gone further for a Vita version but er, Capcom is entirely allergic to that platform from now it seems!

Capcom are pretending not to hear Vita's screams or the fact they saw Nintendo sneak around the back of its house.

Also guys stop moaning about the price. Anyone paying attention to games for the last 2 years (e.g. all of you!) know full well it'll drop like a stone after release. If you don't own a 3DS pick this up.

wait , this look just like the 3ds game. No improvement at all ?

Up-res and the game will actually look very very good. Problem comes with the enemies, the water mutations are great but the lizard reptile things are not so much.
3DS game actually looks very very good. The games pacing is first rate so hopefully it transitions well.

It's a full Resident Evil game that's only one year old, were people really expecting Capcom to release it for $15?
The 3DS game is still pretty much full price everywhere here in the UK.

King_Moc

Banned
So...is the issue with the price purely because it's a year old (which is why i think it's too much), or are there still elitists out there who are still convinced that a handheld game could never justify a full retail price?

Edit: eep, double post, sorry.

AAK

I want this actually.... but I have no time :( I already preordered Revengeance, Ascension, and Infinite, dunno if I can fit Revelations in my schedule. I'll wait it out I guess.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, I get to replay Revelations, and play Resident Evil 6, on my PC this year? Cool. I think?

Top Bottom