• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the recipe for Void Vessels? They are from an event way back when. If not that, bring a friend Setzer and wait for Kefka's element to match Setzer's weapon then fixed dice him to death.

No I started after that. I have like 4 friend Setzers and they all have stuff on like Rising Sun equipped. Would that be enough fixed damage?

Annnd my party is getting one shot by ultima even with shellga up.

Broseybrose

Am i the only one who didnt awaken Kefka or Terra to 6*?

Yeah theyre some of my favorite characters in the game but i dont feel like ill use them.

Just kinda feels like a waste of valuable mats + time to lvl them to 100.

Lyrian

yiVBB4U.png

Day worth of TM farming... So long...

Sees that EXP x 3.5...

/eyetwitches

I'm still having too hard of a time justifying to myself to TM farm single units. It's just so incredibly long, even with macros... :/

Lyrian

Yeah theyre some of my favorite characters in the game but i dont feel like ill use them.

It was something to do, rather than just let the game play itself for a few days?

SeanTSC

I awakened Kefka to 6, but didn't bother maxing him out. Terra I only got to 5*. Neither of them feel like particularly useful units to me, though I am pretty spoiled for choice. I decided to not even bother with the Maze this time since I feel like I've ran out of units worth leveling, even as side projects.

My max level units so far:

Ling, Elza, Noctis x2, Orlandeau, ExDeath x2, Bartz, Ramza, Xon, Fryevia, Burrito Grande, BC Lid, Minfilia, Y'shtola, Maxwell, Firion, Luka, Chizuru, Primm, Cloud of Darkness, Refia, Seven, Rydia, Cecil x2, Snow, Agrias, Garnet, Lenna, Tellah, Warrior of Light, Celes, Locke x2, Artemios, and Garland. The ones I use the most are mostly maxed out on stats too (except HP).

I also have every single Story Character max leveled.

My options at this point for remotely useful stuff might be some Kefkas, Shines, Terra, more Chizirus, another Xon, another Ling, two Mercedes, more Agriases, Charlotte, some Zidanes, some Shantottos, and Xiao I guess. I don't really want to bother with any of them though, at least not right now, so I'm just TM farming through the week.

Sadly I haven't pulled any Setzers, I would definitely level him up.

Muku

I raised up Kefka and Terra to 6*. Figured might as well. Even capped them out during event, so I can't complain.

Rixa

By the way, our last story boss fight was surprising, the story content start to get pretty challenging.
I am already fearing the final boss of season 1.

Well I had similar kind of experience in Titan 2* fight:

Went in "Lets do normal attacks for few turns"
-> 2nd turn party half dead
-> 3rd turn Game Over...

Wtf... Ok lets do some skilling etc.

across

I'm still having too hard of a time justifying to myself to TM farm single units. It's just so incredibly long, even with macros... :/

As with all things, YMMV, but I've long since hit the point where spending Lapis on NRG refreshes for TM macroing is a more reliable, more tangible power boost than dailies. You're rank 116, so that's.. 118 NRG? At 17 refreshes per week (=1750 Lapis, or a week of dailies), that's 2006 energy, which is 2006 ES runs, which is a fifth of a full set of TMs, or one complete one. Add in the natural daily energy (288x7=2016) and you're 40% into five TMs in one week for 1750 Lapis.

It's really, really difficult for seven daily pulls to compete with that in terms of value, IMO. And it's the only realistic way to fly for single-unit TMs. (aside from Moogles!) I look at the daily<->NRG refresh thing like a pendulum. Roll dailies until you acquire enough important TMs to Lapis boost. Do that, get them, go back to dailies, repeat. It's that or save for 10+1 pulls - which are also pretty iffy in terms of reliable power increase, when you consider that a 10+1 is what, two and a half TMs?

Kettch

As a mostly F2P player, I don't think I'll ever spend lapis on NRG refreshes. I'm pretty sure that I'm getting TMs done just using spare time/moogles at a faster pace than I'm acquiring new high priority TM characters from my pulls.

Maybe if they were giving out enough lapis to more than cover dailies I would consider it, but my total is usually holding steady and I'm not willing to go bankrupt over some niche TM upgrades.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Pretty sure most of us are well past any moderate gains from TM Refreshes. Most people here are probably sitting on 10, 15, 20, 30, etc.

Probably already have all the game changing ones, Dualcast, Dual Wield, Blade Mastery, etc.

Enough of the 2nd tier good ones like Quick Assault, etc.

So I can either farm trivial upgrades like Brave Suit, and up my damage like another 10 or 15 for the next two months.

Or clear out ones with many dupes for the variety like Locke's Throw weapon.

Kouriozan

Late to the dark Espers party :

Gw2Oh0Yl.jpg

Again, I was scared to do it but it was kinda easy, all missions in one run too.
Party was Noctis/Cecil/Minfillia/Refia/friend Orlandeau, it went pretty smoothly, I had to do normal attack for summon orbs since I was killing them too quickly.

Xion86

Migrated over to playing the game on my new Galaxy S8 and looks fantastic on it! Way better performance too than my S4, quite a big jump (everything is just a lot quicker).

For the first time I don't feel like doing the Maze much :/ I still need way more Fish, so might focus on that today and finish the story tomorrow.

c-murph

Sees that EXP x 3.5...

/eyetwitches

Yeah, as long as I can keep it to 6-8% a day I manage to get them done in like 16-20days. There's always some days where I can't macro for whatever reason though.

I need onw more Nine so that I can get to 4.0 Exp. Got lucky on the banner and got two right away. Then another fell shortly after on another banner daily. Still waiting for the fourth to drop though.

wilstreak

Migrated over to playing the game on my new Galaxy S8 and looks fantastic on it! Way better performance too than my S4, quite a big jump (everything is just a lot quicker).

For the first time I don't feel like doing the Maze much :/ I still need way more Fish, so might focus on that today and finish the story tomorrow.

for me enchanted maze looks less appealing since they upgrade cactuar dunes. It used to be the most efficient EXP source, not anymore.

across

Pretty sure most of us are well past any moderate gains from TM Refreshes. Most people here are probably sitting on 10, 15, 20, 30, etc.

I suppose my perspective is just skewed from having two 5* mages dropped in my lap and finding myself with large holes in my caster TM collection, then...

I don't like having a 5* base outfitted with poverty gear. :/

Kozmo

for me enchanted maze looks less appealing since they upgrade cactuar dunes. It used to be the most efficient EXP source, not anymore.

And I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like it's gotten so much more difficult to get to the end this time around. I've probably done at least 25 runs this time and only made it to the last pathway 3 times.

Is it possible that regardless of which door you pick (except moogle-labeled ones), the game just assigns you a 66% chance of making it through?
And is it possible that this percentage can be rigged at Gumi's discretion?

Valentus

i changed my phone for a Mate 9 and man... its like i play the game now in HD lmao xD

tuffymon

No idea if anyone jumped in to watch any, but 22h 23m (with breaks and deaths) is my clear time... i feel accomplished atm, take THAT Kefka...

I didn't either. I kept them at 5* max, which is where they were months ago.

Alkez

An actual damage race trial, hrmm...

Figured the game would have moved on from such simple things by now. Guess not. Still. it's annoying in the sense that it is encourages (and requires) building teams with ludicrously astronomical offensive stats.

I kind of like it tbh. I mean I don't want every fight to be like that, but I also don't want every fight to be like Bloody Moon. Tbh I would prefer if all the fights found some middle ground. Not be over in 3 turns but also not take us 1 hour to complete.

After a busy week finally finished my kefka video.

Really glad this week ended. So many things to do in job i was so stressed... Finally can relax with exvius.

Was thinking you've been a little quiet recently. Good to see you're back to making videos.

DIE DIE DIE &#128514;

Reaper is that you?

Valentus

Any help with taking Kefka? I've pretty much been left behind with the development of chaining meta, but I do have some good units otherwise:

Noctis
Luneth
Lightning
Ling
Exdeath
Refia
Cecil
Yoshi
Minfilia
Cod
Bartz

No idea who to run in a team. All my friends who have orlandu or setzler seem to be laughing, but I just can't pull those units.

You need a good tank - Cecil
2 Healers - Yoshi and Refia
The Elemental Buffer - You have CoD, or you can use a friend Marie

And the 2 units that can Kill him.

I recommend you to try using Lightning and Noctis with no-element weapons, and wait for your chance. If kefka debuff with fire - Well, fire flask and fire blitz. If kefka debuff with Lightning - Lightning Blitz and Lightning flask.

Its gonna take a while but you can beat the bastard that way.

Chinner

Banned
You need a good tank - Cecil
2 Healers - Yoshi and Refia
The Elemental Buffer - You have CoD, or you can use a friend Marie

And the 2 units that can Kill him.

I recommend you to try using Lightning and Noctis with no-element weapons, and wait for your chance. If kefka debuff with fire - Well, fire flask and fire blitz. If kefka debuff with Lightning - Lightning Blitz and Lightning flask.

Its gonna take a while but you can beat the bastard that way.
Thanks, I'll take off elemental weapons of my attacker units. Is it worth stacking up elemental resists or is it not as intense as the dark espers?

Late to the dark Espers party :

Gw2Oh0Yl.jpg

Again, I was scared to do it but it was kinda easy, all missions in one run too.
Party was Noctis/Cecil/Minfillia/Refia/friend Orlandeau, it went pretty smoothly, I had to do normal attack for summon orbs since I was killing them too quickly.

Any tips?

I can do the fight fine but im not sure how Ill be able to do the no KO mission

Valentus

Thanks, I'll take off elemental weapons of my attacker units. Is it worth stacking up elemental resists or is it not as intense as the dark espers?

the normal pattern of kefka is:

Elemental attack (normal or fake spell) and then 3 normal attacks (that your tank should absorb)

But, every 4 turns he has 20% chance to cast bioga, and if you are not elemental protected, that can kill your party that turn. So its highly recommended to use elemental protection.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I suppose my perspective is just skewed from having two 5* mages dropped in my lap and finding myself with large holes in my caster TM collection, then...

Mages are still third world citizens in FFBE for quite some time. Next trial is Ultros, followed by Machine. Which mages aren't going to make the cut again, like most trials. Hence why I put them pretty far down on the TM list(Last after DPS > Healer > Tank > Support(Largely uses the same gear as healer) > Mage.

The Duck: Did mine with Noctis, Ling, Cecil, Refia, and Luneth on my team. If you just want to kill him, equip elemental weapons to Noctis to cover more of the spread. Excalibur lets you hit 4 of the 8 times then. Lightning will work out the same. So just grab another Noctis friend then and use Milia to cast Dark protection instead of Ling. He'll be down quick.

Want the missions, get a Marie friend and no elemental weapons and go with Ling for MP. It's basically just substaining till you build up two Espers

Kouriozan

Any tips?

I can do the fight fine but im not sure how Ill be able to do the no KO mission

To be fair, I watched this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsAsAN79AYk
Then Switched Ling for Noctis since I don't have her.

Minfillia : buff all 3 elements so she don't have free turns.
Cecil : Focus / Provoke / Curaja / attack on free turns (for summon gauge)
Noctis : Cover / Blizzard Flask chain with Orlandeau friend to deal damage to Ifrit only
Refia : Embolden / Double Curaja/Dispel
Friend Orlandeau (1000 ATK with Odin) : Break Ifrit with Crush Weapon / Divine Ruination.

All had 5k or more HP.
Once Ifrit died it was so easy super easy, I even forgot Sleep resistance on Refia. Could have been easier with Y'shtola but mine is level 1 at 6* (for Shellga / Protectga instead of Focus / Embolden)
Just be careful of not crossing 2 threshold at once. (70% / 50% / 30%)

Pic of my units with element resist shown : http://imgur.com/a/AMchq
Noctis had a bit lower ATK when I did it and Confuse resist.

EDIT : forgot the Confuse resist on Noctis.

To be fair, I watched this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsAsAN79AYk&t=835s
Then Switched Ling for Noctis since I don't have her.

Minfillia : buff all 3 elements so she don't have free turns.
Cecil : Focus / Provoke / Curaja / attack on free turns (for summon gauge)
Noctis : Cover / Blizzard Flask chain with Orlandeau friend to deal damage to Ifrit only
Refia : Embolden / Double Curaja/Dispel
Friend Orlandeau (1000 ATK with Odin) : Break Ifrit with Crush Weapon / Divine Ruination.

All had 5k or more HP.
Once Ifrit died it was so easy super easy, I even forgot Sleep resistance on Refia. Could have been easier with Y'shtola but mine is level 1 at 6* (for Shellga / Protectga instead of Focus / Embolden)
Just be careful of not crossing 2 threshold at once. (70% / 50% / 30%)

thats beens my problem

I keep losing people here and there and cecil goes down as well when you think he wouldnt

I must not be breaking Ifrit enough

evangd007

thats beens my problem

I keep losing people here and there and cecil goes down as well when you think he wouldnt

Break out the Water Resist gear from Aquapolis and Shadow Resist gear from Valentines to help your units survive.

If you have Snow or another tank with Draw Attacks, then you can do the double tank strategy which is super safe, but much slower.

Celegus

Mages are still third world citizens in FFBE for quite some time. Next trial is Ultros, followed by Machine. Which mages aren't going to make the cut again, like most trials. Hence why I put them pretty far down on the TM list(Last after DPS > Healer > Tank > Support(Largely uses the same gear as healer) > Mage.

I thought Ultros was a magic damage focused trial?

Lyrian

As with all things, YMMV, but I've long since hit the point where spending Lapis on NRG refreshes for TM macroing is a more reliable, more tangible power boost than dailies. You're rank 116, so that's.. 118 NRG? At 17 refreshes per week (=1750 Lapis, or a week of dailies), that's 2006 energy, which is 2006 ES runs, which is a fifth of a full set of TMs, or one complete one. Add in the natural daily energy (288x7=2016) and you're 40% into five TMs in one week for 1750 Lapis.

It's really, really difficult for seven daily pulls to compete with that in terms of value, IMO. And it's the only realistic way to fly for single-unit TMs. (aside from Moogles!) I look at the daily<->NRG refresh thing like a pendulum. Roll dailies until you acquire enough important TMs to Lapis boost. Do that, get them, go back to dailies, repeat. It's that or save for 10+1 pulls - which are also pretty iffy in terms of reliable power increase, when you consider that a 10+1 is what, two and a half TMs?

Yeah, I can't justify to myself 11 pulls anymore. Outside of rolling a Marie or a 5* mage, I can't see anything really more than a marginal benefit from pulling for me.

It's getting over the mindset of a month-long drive to get a TM, as I tend to wander off everywhere and complete every little side activity, which is a big distraction from TM farming.

At this point, I'm enjoying a rare break from the grind to actually play catch-up on some low-hanging fruit TMs.

Probably already have all the game changing ones, Dualcast, Dual Wield, Blade Mastery, etc.

Enough of the 2nd tier good ones like Quick Assault, etc.

So I can either farm trivial upgrades like Brave Suit, and up my damage like another 10 or 15 for the next two months.

Or clear out ones with many dupes for the variety like Locke's Throw weapon.

Except for me, lol. But, then again, I'm often a qualified expert on doing everything wrong :)

Still missing Blade Mastery, and I've only got 1 lone Chiz in almost a year of playing. 1 Leon and a pair of Shines collecting dust as well.

I'm so far behind on TMs from most of the vets here.

As a mostly F2P player, I don't think I'll ever spend lapis on NRG refreshes. I'm pretty sure that I'm getting TMs done just using spare time/moogles at a faster pace than I'm acquiring new high priority TM characters from my pulls.

Maybe if they were giving out enough lapis to more than cover dailies I would consider it, but my total is usually holding steady and I'm not willing to go bankrupt over some niche TM upgrades.

If they gave out enough lapis to cover dailies, there wouldn't be a reason to buy more, outside of pure whaling.

I had that perspective at one point, but that tends to change a bit once you have most of the units in the game (that are not rainbows). I'm only missing (non-time-limited) 1 gold and 1 (2 if Gau never decides to show up) units in the entire game, neither of which are meaningful in any real way outside of collection completion purposes. I'm pretty much at the point where I'm saying to myself "Why am I pulling just for a blue I'll never ever use or likely even level up"?

WTB 5* base mage, PST :/

Chinner

Banned
Beat Kefka in the first round with all 3 missions. Used a friend's Marie. Would be great to pull her as the pure utility is crazy.

^ It's nice to be in autopilot mode. Hell, I don't even have any premium TMs left, and while I did refresh for several in the past (like Sparky, for instance), I'm content to let this plod along. Fortunately it only takes a few minutes each day to win 5 times in the arena, kill Siren twice, craft a chocolate egg, and log into Nox.

The interesting thing is we already have several of the future best units, like WoL, Ramza, and Randi.

Anyway: Team Rikku signing in. And signing off.

Kouriozan

My Emperor should shine for the Ultros trial, Fire From Below stacks + -50% Fire resist = yummy!
His MAG stat is still super low, but I'm working toward fixing it.

Rgpp4Pul.png

(Equip staff is for singbot Ramza)

But first, we need 6* WoL or 6* Tilith otherwise good luck without Doublandeau :s

across

I had that perspective at one point, but that tends to change a bit once you have most of the units in the game (that are not rainbows). I'm only missing (non-time-limited) 1 gold and 1 (2 if Gau never decides to show up) units in the entire game, neither of which are meaningful in any real way outside of collection completion purposes. I'm pretty much at the point where I'm saying to myself "Why am I pulling just for a blue I'll never ever use or likely even level up"?

Bolded is it in a nutshell. Adherence to daily pulls, willingness to use tickets and (natch) some measure of luck will determine when one gets to this point, but you will eventually reach it, and when you do, daily pulls become considerably less exciting.

WTB 5* base mage, PST :/

I mean, the Exvius Wiki rates Setzer above Trance Terra. She can't be that good, right?! Not futureproof mages suck trash unit sharp hair would not bang and/or pull 5* more like 1* saving my Lapis for when Orlandeau comes back.

Anyway, Gumi is selling them, you just may not want to pay their prices... :p

Celegus

My Emperor should shine for the Ultros trial, Fire From Below stacks + -50% Fire resist = yummy!
His MAG stat is still super low, but I'm working toward fixing it.

Where is the -50% fire res coming from? I know Marie, Ling, and Seven can do fire, not sure who else.

Shouta

The Duck: Did mine with Noctis, Ling, Cecil, Refia, and Luneth on my team. If you just want to kill him, equip elemental weapons to Noctis to cover more of the spread. Excalibur lets you hit 4 of the 8 times then. Lightning will work out the same. So just grab another Noctis friend then and use Milia to cast Dark protection instead of Ling. He'll be down quick.

Want the missions, get a Marie friend and no elemental weapons and go with Ling for MP. It's basically just substaining till you build up two Espers

So about that robot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z-862dsdP4

Of course, that's a mega whale but still =P

tuffymon

thats beens my problem

I'll share my Ling once she's ready later today(and i try it first to make sure), but I should be 100% elemental immune and physically dodging everything... I just want to make sure first, in case theres any snafus... 115 fire/65 water/135 dark/100 dodge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom