• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

bobohoro

Have 4 manuals and 2 dupes of Colo Smoker left, need one skill-up and 2 AH sockets. Totally forgot about the Tashigi/Smoker-Shambles FN down the line, which also has good books, so I actually could have done with quite a few less runs of the coli. Oh well.
Now back to running the Revolutionary FN for Jabra/Kyros books and Hack dupes. Decided to sell Koala for Ray points.

We should be getting a new sugo this week, right? All things point towards it being TS Strawhats PT II, hopefully it has some nice bonus coming along as well. Although it being QCK rate up is already not too promising.

Kyou

day 800 today. I'll probably do a multi on the Zoro sugo whenever they get around to announcing it.

Feels like it's been really quiet in the game lately.

MANUELF

Banned
Momo's gonna have some crazy cooldowns looking at what they start out at.

Is a 3 level special and it starts at 14, I guess a 10 turn CD for a single orb switch and an extra .5 to the chain multiplier can be useful but not at his low stats, he is mainly a zombie captain since his is better than Pell

Im so tired of running the sengoku fortnight but my Legend Doflamingo is one off and the same with burgess and Sengoku himself so hopefully tonigh I can finish it

(Already maxed Maynard, Stainless, the red giant midboss and the spider monkey)

Tidd

Wow, ambushes sucks so much for the global version. :/ Why does Bandai do this? Shanks is only available after clearing Kuma or Enel. I mean literally every high level player (the ones who could beat Shanks) already maxed them... Why make it that different? Is it money (gems)? Was it a mistake to make them available during every raid/colosseum stage for Japan? Then why don't they change it for them? Scared about the backlash?

EMT0

Banned
Global stays being Global, that is, the version that gets fucked over for Bandai's unrepentant greed. I'm really starting to regret having whaled during the 2 Year Anniversary, because the only thing that did was give them the wrong message and reward their greed :/

MANUELF

Banned
Global stays being Global, that is, the version that gets fucked over for Bandai's unrepentant greed. I'm really starting to regret having whaled during the 2 Year Anniversary, because the only thing that did was give them the wrong message and reward their greed :/
Can you say how much was lost or is that too traumatic?

RedBoot

Wow, ambushes sucks so much for the global version. :/ Why does Bandai do this? Shanks is only available after clearing Kuma or Enel. I mean literally every high level player (the ones who could beat Shanks) already maxed them... Why make it that different? Is it money (gems)? Was it a mistake to make them available during every raid/colosseum stage for Japan? Then why don't they change it for them? Scared about the backlash?

The only thing I can think of is that since we got them comparatively earlier than Japan (we don't even have the 50stam colos yet), they might have wanted to introduce them slower? In a few months they might expand them to showing up on every raid/colo instead of during special events. But I might be giving Bandai too much credit here.

We'll also likely get Ambush Cavendish and maybe the next 1-2 future ambushes before we get 50 stamina colos, so we might not be seeing them outside of raids for a while.

This one feels a little half-assed though. Right after YWB came by, only during two raids, and right alongside a particularly busy colo batch.

Either way, it's another feature in Global that feels lesser to what Japan got. I really hope Bandai has a solid May planned for us. New island, Pica, probably the TS Strawhats Batch 2. Probably worth noting that it's looking like Global won't be getting the "Flashback before the Reunion" event since that should occur before Saobody Redux, and they haven't announced it yet.

Kyou

it's hard not to be cynical about stuff like this.

I think I'll aim for Enel to try and get him. Double Shiryu, TS Nami and some damage reducers and a healer shooooould be okay?? I've been thinking about switch my Enel from Orbs to AH anyway.

Kumo

I wonder if Bandai's reasoning for making global harder than japan is because we get all of our information from japan. So by the time the content reaches global, we already have teams prepared and everything.

If so, whoever is managing global is a fucking idiot for trying to "balance" the meta game. Absolutely stupid.

Hana-Bi

Yeah, wtf? I maxed two raid Kumas and Enel a very long time ago. Japan even got the double stamina bonus for those colo/ambush runs and we get this shit? I maxed every raid (except for Usoppn, Imposter SH and Buster Call) and didn't farm those colo units that hard. Most of the time only one unit because I knew I could farm them later with double stamina and an ambush possibility...

Seems I will farm some story Enel and rr Kuma sockets...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Wait wait wait.

Invasion Shanks is only ever going to appear on Raid Kuma and Raid Enel? Like, not for his first appearance, that's how he's being implemented in Global?

That's fucking stupid. I already have enel maxed. I already have kuma maxed.

Kyou

Wait wait wait.

Invasion Shanks is only ever going to appear on Raid Kuma and Raid Enel? Like, not for his first appearance, that's how he's being implemented in Global?

That's fucking stupid. I already have enel maxed. I already have kuma maxed.

No it's just limited time like Whitebeard, but the only raids during the limited time he's up are Kuma and Enel.

Majukun

don't know how smart it is from namco to actually punish people who are keeping up with the game...i already have both kuma and ener maxed so i have no reason to farm then..and i'm not getting shanks because of that.

they have sure got worse and worse to global since the end of 2016,seems like they are asking people to stop caring about global.

MiTYH

@ invasion shanks news. I can't beat him yet, so I'm indifferent to this. But on the whole, sounds very shady/shitty. I'm griping up there with you all

@ this weekend, global. Had a thing to go to that took up time. Did a bunch of double drops on WB part1 for sockets, and some Brownbeard farming when I could. Should get him down to a decent cooldown for this next skillup, I hope.

@ this weekend, jpn. My alt account I sometimes play. Did 1 pull on the sugo and got... Legend Blackbeard. Seriously, wtf. I now have LL, Bart, Ace, BB, Doffy, Law, and Jimbe. That's just... I mean.... holy hell. I've been trying to play it more seriously, but there's too many games and I can't keep up. But that luck is just... WHY CAN'T I HAVE IT IN GLOBAL! I'd settle for either LL, Ace, or BB. Don't care who, just give me some global luck!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
don't know how smart it is from namco to actually punish people who are keeping up with the game...i already have both kuma and ener maxed so i have no reason to farm then..and i'm not getting shanks because of that.

they have sure got worse and worse to global since the end of 2016,seems like they are asking people to stop caring about global.
There's no way I'm starting over with a japanese account. Sunk costs, time commitments, etc.

Majukun

There's no way I'm starting over with a japanese account. Sunk costs, time commitments, etc.

well i have a dump japanese account that use only to make pulls when i don't wanna pull on global, and i have way more legends in that than on global..so i could technically go t japan

but i don't like to have to play with the pc in front of me to look up at translations etc...i would probably stop playing after a week.

Hana-Bi

Well, only the 50 stam colo runs seems to have an okayish invasion rate and since we don't have them right now raid bosses seems the best way to introduce Shanks early.

Let's hope they switch to colo when we get 50 stam chaos colo bosses.

bjork

I'm logging in for gems and casually running for story units. I used to play with the intention of getting everything, but I think I'm done with that mindset now. I'm not going to buy the wild Luffy and I missed YWB completely, so unless I happen to randomly pull an Akainu, I think my playing is going to remain low. I'm in too deep to quit, but I can't justify the time to play as avidly as I once did.

bobohoro

It's been quite some time since GLB got anything quite right.
I mean there were a few things that turned out nice (EXP boat and QOL improvements arriving quicker) but there is just a lot of unexplainable wasted potential compared to JPN.

Easiest example would be the lack of increased base skill-up. There is just no real explanation to why we didn't yet get it and it would make playing the game far more enjoyable with a single update. But yeah sure, theoretically not implementing this should lead to players spending more on gems to get more copies (which isn't entirely accurate since sockets will take longer anyway) or more box space (which also doesn't make sense with the frequent skill-up events).

Overall, I was pretty determined to invest a bit of money monthly going forward in the weeks leading up to the 2nd anniversary, because the game was fun and seemed to try to please the playerbase. But 2nd anni didn't make me spend any money, and the weeks following it made sure I'll stay f2p forever at this point.

I'll see what the next sugo batch brings, but I'm pretty close to dropping the game by now. 2xStamina being such a big time saver is probably the only thing that really keeps me in it for now, since it means the game is not that big of a time commitment and I can just wait and see for a few weeks while not feeling to have wasted much time.

Yeah, same for me. Starting over is not an option. I'd rather try something fresh at that point.

EMT0

Banned
Can you say how much was lost or is that too traumatic?

Enough that I'm definitely skipping buying a new GPU for my PC this year to balance things out, is the best way to put it.

Yeah, same for me. Starting over is not an option. I'd rather try something fresh at that point.

Yep, same. All I can really do is hope that we can collectively put enough pressure on Bandai to make them improve with this crap.

Hana-Bi

I'm logging in for gems and casually running for story units. I used to play with the intention of getting everything, but I think I'm done with that mindset now. I'm not going to buy the wild Luffy and I missed YWB completely, so unless I happen to randomly pull an Akainu, I think my playing is going to remain low. I'm in too deep to quit, but I can't justify the time to play as avidly as I once did.

Just saw your max skilled legend Blackbeard. :O How many universal skill books did it take to max him? Congrats, really nice to have such a beast maxed. :)

MANUELF

Banned
We are getting a free Legend of our choice in Japan from Whitebeard to Lucci, I Will pick Inthawk

Japan sure knows how to make us feel loved <3

Tidd

We are getting a free Legend of our choice in Japan from Whitebeard to Lucci, I Will pick Inthawk

Japan sure knows how to make us feel loved <3

Nice! Also 6* Sanji! Oh boy!
Am I the only one who finds the grand prize for the lottery worse than the 2ND prize? I would prefer 31 Legends over 3333 gems just because you can literally get shit with these gems. XD

EMT0

Banned
Now that's an impressive anniversary event O_O

Shame that if we get something similar, I've already got all those Legends :'(

RedBoot

Global: Grumbling about invasions and missing content
JPN: Literally free legends

But yeah, looks like a fun event. And LOL at Kaido being on the new title screen. That shit isn't coming to the game for a LONG time.

Legend Sanji was predicted, but welcome nonetheless. I'm thinking the eventual legendary version of each Strawhat is indeed happening. Hoping Brook is next!

At any rate...just ten months or so until my free INTHawk in Global...maybe...

Kyou

I got excited at Jinbe being with the Strawhats until I noticed Law

Your day will come :(

Also I managed one dupe Mihawk making all the annoying Buggy runs completely justified

Legend Sanji was predicted, but welcome nonetheless. I'm thinking the eventual legendary version of each Strawhat is indeed happening. Hoping Brook is next!
Nami should be next if they're doing join order since Arlong Park is where she was official

Hana-Bi

Maxed my Barto. :) My first 5 books gave me zero skill ups but then I got 2/5 and 1/5 for my last three skill ups.

Bought Wild Luffy. His special seems kinda useful for certain content and since I won't buy any books and tomes from the Bazaar I can afford me Luffy and Sanji + the other ships (will skip Zoro),

bobohoro

That 3rd Anni event is pretty awesome all around.

Skill-up event went rather well. Of course when I don't really have much stuff saved for it. Heh.
3 Skill-ups on Kyros and Jabra, Kyros will probably be maxed at the end of the week, Jabra still needs 4 skill-ups and his drop rate is rather bad.
Maxed FN Hack, sockets only at 2/2. Might save up the remaining copies until next sugo to see if I can pull RR Hack.
Went 6/16 for Duval, bringing him to a pretty useable CD of 19.

Only Colo Smoker went 0/6, still needing one skill-up and one AH socket.

MiTYH

3rd anniversary is the planni? Free legend sounds great. I'll finally be able to get whitebeard! When it comes to global I hope the legends stay the same

Skillup today.... sucked. 0/15 Brownbeard, so he's stuck at a 20-something countdown. 1/8 Duval so he's STILL not maxed (at a nice 16 turns, but still). Got some good sockets though. Few others were just meh -- went 4/8 on Kyros, etc. Nothing too overwhelming.

ExVicis

These Mihawk drop rates are driving me insane. I wouldn't be so bothered if it wasn't so necessary to get his CD down to make him usable. Is getting some Almighty books and just using those for skill-ups a terrible idea because I'm starting to think that might be a better instead of seeing the 200th Spandam book.

Majukun

droped akainu and kizaru today,maxxed jabra and kyros..so now i have to decide if i wanna farm for koala sockets,for whitebeard pirates sockets or farm story garp

bjork

Just saw your max skilled legend Blackbeard. :O How many universal skill books did it take to max him? Congrats, really nice to have such a beast maxed. :)

I want to say like 10-12? I had 4/5 happen once iirc. I picked him because his books weren't coming until like November or something.

Plus it saves running a stage 900x, so that was a side benefit.

Hana-Bi

I want to say like 10-12? I had 4/5 happen once iirc. I picked him because his books weren't coming until like November or something.

Plus it saves running a stage 900x, so that was a side benefit.

Nice. His special is great so maxing it early is always great and saves you from farming. :)

In other news: the prices for gems on iOS here in Europe just skyrocketed. From 55€ for the 85 pack to 60€. Almost an 10% increase...

mileS

These Mihawk drop rates are driving me insane. I wouldn't be so bothered if it wasn't so necessary to get his CD down to make him usable. Is getting some Almighty books and just using those for skill-ups a terrible idea because I'm starting to think that might be a better instead of seeing the 200th Spandam book.

I had really bad luck with them as well :(

ExVicis

I had really bad luck with them as well :(

I have gotten 3 snails and gemmed once for the goddamn Whitebeard Pirates and I had one book total drop. Goddamn this FN.

But on the opposite side, I used 4 Mihawk books and 1 almighty book to get 3 skill-ups. So I'm at least doing okay there. This puts my Mihawk at 21 turns now.

EMT0

Banned
I'm 1 skillup off of maxing Barto from about 15 books, so that's going well. To compensate for my good luck, I've now gone 0/10 on Almighty manuals for Hancock.....fuck :(

I didn't have a lot to feed. I went 0/10 on Kyros, 3/15 on Hajrudin, and got the last two skillups I needed on Jabra. I maxed out Colo Smoker's special from IIRC 23->15 in 20 copies which was super lucky, I also finished his sockets except for one last autoheal sockets.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Havent played much lately...but at least i remembered to login today and not miss the skill up event.

Maxed Intawk with 12 books - feels good.

RedBoot

Now that my Fossa is one socket from max, the game has apparently run out of Fossa drops for me, like Nintendo on the release date of any product. Oh well. 5/5/5/4 it is.

I'm 1 skillup off of maxing Barto from about 15 books, so that's going well. To compensate for my good luck, I've now gone 0/10 on Almighty manuals for Hancock.....fuck :(

I've gone 0/7 on Hancock books over time, and the only 6+ Hancock I've got on my Friend List was also level 1. I mean, I'm not saying that it's actually impossible to skill up Hancock and the insane rarity of obtaining Hancock books is to shield that fact, but... :p

ExVicis

The deed is done. I finally maxed out Mihawk's special in the final minutes. I can finally put the ordeal behind me. So that's two max special legends now.

and since this FN's have pretty much nothing for me. I can take a nice break from farming.

Top Bottom