• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full-size images incoming:

FF10HD01.jpg

FF10HD02.jpg

FF10HD03.jpg

FF10HD04.jpg

FF10HD07.jpg

FF10HD08.jpg

FF10HD09.jpg

FF10HD10.jpg

this seems to be all of them

So there's still gonna be a clear disconnect between in-game and cutscene character models?

yeah, that's what my first post was talking about.

Remaster overall looks great, but this really disappoints me. I mean, I could understand how the PS2 couldn't handle the cutscene character models consistently, but why couldn't they plug them inplace of the in-game models for the PS3 version? Would it have required all new animation or something?

The disconnect in the models was distracting over 11 years ago and, unfortunately for me, it'll be distracting again. [/graphicwhore]

squall211

I so can't wait for this. I probably put 200 hours into X and 100 or so into X-2. I would love it if SE added an extra dungeon or some additional optional super bosses, but since I never played the international versions of either game, I'll be happy either way.

40 bucks is a good price. I was expecting more for some reason.

Because Square Enix, that's your reason. Thought it'd be $60 too.

Good price, unless you also own a Vita in which case SE is ripping people off as usual.

I'll probably only pick up the two Vita versions, definitely prefer my JRPGs on handhelds these days and I've already got I-IX on the thing.

$40 is great for both games. Wonder what the Vita pricing will be since they're separate...

It's probably too good to be true to hope for $20 a pop...

So does this confirm that both X and X-2 are coming west for the Vita? Yes! I would love to replay X and have never played X-2 despite owning it for nearly 10 years.

RPGCrazied

I guess Sony is more stricter on the HD policy. I thought they would bend the rules for Square Enix. So it has to be at least 2 games, and have a $40 price point.

Ridley327

True. But Square Enix. Remember the FF1 and 2 pricing on PSP? Or $29 FF Dimensions.

Why would it be doubtful? It's still a PS2 game at heart.

MGS2 and MGS3 were both sub-native on the Vita, as well. MGS2 actually runs worse than the PS2 original, too.

Cornbread78

Wow, looks so damn good. I can't wait to see this one my OLED.. I wish they did they same for the KH HD remakes and put them on VITA too....

Takao

Banned
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...l-fantasy-x-2-coming-soon-to-ps3-and-ps-vita/

Hello PlayStation fans! It doesn’t feel that long ago that I was here bringing you the exciting news of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX’s European release. Today, I’m happy to be able to return with some equally awesome news! FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 will be getting the same high definition treatment – being released in Europe this year!

For those of you who love to lounge around at home with your PlayStation 3 and a big telly, you’ll get both FINAL FANTASY X and X-2 bundled together on one disc, called FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster. If however you find yourself always on the go, trying to sneak in a quick gaming session during your lunch break, then FINAL FANTASY X HD Remaster and FINAL FANTASY X-2 HD Remaster will be available separately for PS VITA.

Final Fantasy fans will be excited to know that they’re not just getting a mind-blowingly beautifully HD version of the game they love, oh no! Both games are based on the International version, which is the most complete, feature-heavy iteration of each game to release. The International version of FINAL FANTASY X-2 never made it to European shores before, so there’s quite a chunk of additional content for you to dive into!

The International version of FINAL FANTASY X introduces an Expert version of the Sphere Grid in which all the characters start in the middle and you can choose any path… but there are fewer nodes and therefore a decrease in the number of upgrades available – challenging indeed! This edition also includes new abilities, new superbosses (Dark Aeons and Penance), and more.

FINAL FANTASY X-2 is also getting the International treatment, high definition graphics and more content than I can list! But you’ll have to wait a little bit longer until we reveal the full list of enhancements and extra features.

So all in all that’s pretty great stuff, huh? We know you’ve been eager to hear more so let me leave you with the exciting news that you’ll be getting a trailer on March 25 – make sure to pop back here then!

Got any questions? Feel free to leave them in the comments and we’ll answer what we can. For the latest news on FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or if you’re just looking to chat with a fellow gamer then feel free to say hi on @benbateman.

Omega

Banned
did they ever say if this is the international version or the boring NA version we 'Mericans got?

edit - just saw the update two posts up

:D

rjc571

Banned
Looks just like it does on PCSX2, as expected. So much for the people claiming it was going to be a remake rather than a simple port.

PowerTaxi

Banned
did they ever say if this is the international version or the boring NA version we 'Mericans got?

edit - just saw the update two posts up

:D
Final Fantasy fans will be excited to know that they’re not just getting a mind-blowingly beautifully HD version of the game they love, oh no! Both games are based on the International version, which is the most complete, feature-heavy iteration of each game to release. The International version of FINAL FANTASY X-2 never made it to European shores before, so there’s quite a chunk of additional content for you to dive into!

xptoxyz

That new Tidus head shot seems ok after all, when I saw it from jump looked like he had a weird long face. I see what people were saying about the approximation to the CG models, but still quite a bit away. It was something a bit weird about that game, the disconnect caused by some features were much more accentuated in the CG cutscenes, made them all look more "Asian" or something (like a friend put it) than in-engine. Tidus was probably the biggest offender compared to other characters, it's hard to say so long after.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Lulu, Wakka, and Auron's reactions to the laughing scene comparison:

Lulu's boobs are now in HD.

Hobbun

Whoa, at first I only saw “Europe this year” and thought wtf. And then realized it was a Europe blog.

I hope that means it will come to NA this year as well.

blade85

Neo Member
So thats 2 HD remakes I would have bought this gen..

Metal gear...and this.

FFX was one of my all time favourites.

OMG Blitzball! yaaaaay! so randomly fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom