• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
CGI Comparison (Top-HD, Bottom-Widescreen PS2 version):

1363961105-10464ffxm201303-01.jpg

MudyCuf.jpg

Sadly, it looks like they won't rerender this in widescreen and will cut it.

I'll take more shots later.

Axspell

Neo Member
Oh wow, so X-2 is included now? So that's why we've been hearing so little for so long. It makes a lot more sense, that's for sure.

At any rate, screens are looking suitably gorgeous. Can't wait to tackle these after I get to playing IX.

Hmmm I remember there was like 2 different models for each character for different scenarios( the quality in hair made it obvious) Will they be the same now?

No, looks like the in-game models will still be lower-quality than the cutscene ones. Compare Tidus in his close-up with the group shot.

Ridley327

Hopefully these 2 games have full trophy lists and a platinum too. They're too long to be given the PSN 10 trophy treatment.

Why wouldn't they have platinums? They're retail releases, so they're required to have them. Every HD collection has had separate trophy lists, too, including KH 1.5 ReMIX.

Necrovex

Hopefully these 2 games have full trophy lists and a platinum too. They're too long to be given the PSN 10 trophy treatment.

Won't the two Kingdom Heart games in 1.5 both have platinum trophies? If that's the case, I don't see why neither X nor X-2 wouldn't both have platinum trophies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Won't the two Kingdom Heart games in 1.5 both have platinum trophies? If that's the case, I don't see why neither X nor X-2 wouldn't both have platinum trophies.

The two ones (KH and Re:CoM) have and they're pretty hard. 358/2 Days has trophies but no platinum.

akaoni

Banned
'Remaster'
http://i.imgur.com/kTUGm9R.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LUF0kaU.jpg

PCSX2
http://i.imgur.com/TJESPZ0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8Co0Zde.jpg

Mocked these up quickly in PCSX2 with the rendering resolution at 3x to compare with the images in the original post. In the end you'll be paying for the cleaned up low-poly versions of the characters (HD textures), HD textures of the environment, full widescreen, and possibly they might fix the models/textures for all the standard NPCs, though they don't seem to want to show any yet.

EDIT: Water is redone.

Sulik2

I may actually dust off my PS3 for this. I really liked FFX and I never played X-2. The battle system in X was so good, should be fun to revisit.

Caelestis

I kind of like how the old Tidus looks better, but that's probably because of nostalgia. Really looking forward to this. I was expecting the price to be higher. Now if only they'd do a double pack of some sort for the vita.

Hmmm I remember there was like 2 different models for each character for different scenarios( the quality in hair made it obvious) Will they be the same now?

No. There still appear to be two different in-game models. You can tell in the Wakka/Lulu image in the OP. That's using their less-poly models; not their in-game cutscene models. Unfortunate.

Confirmed for this year in NA and Europe.

I am now 99.9% sure the leak about this game launching in Japan in June is true.

I think this is more in line with the whole Nomura thing that "KH should back to consoles".

Yep, with KH2.5 HD all but confirmed, and presumably coming to PS3, it seems like they are prepping KH3 to be a PS3 or, most likely, PS4 game using the Luminous Engine.

Ridley327

Yeah, they're definitely cropping the CG for 16:9. I guess Squenix's love stops at re-rendering decade old CG for remasters.

ZeroAKA

Why do I get the feeling that the Vita versions of the game will either be fairly expensive or digital only in America? I can't see SE making boxed copies at $20 each.

Mr.Fresh

Pretty sure they will since the Tomb Raider one and Hitman and just about everyone of them that came out at retail had the Platinum.

addik

Confirmed for this year in NA and Europe.

I am now 99.9% sure the leak about this game launching in Japan in June is true.

This year? Who said that?

I wonder how far off they are along production, I don't get why they don't want to release a few shots from FFX-2.

Jeels

Preordered for PS3, but I will cancel if Vita pricing is something like 30 a pop. Having to pay double for both games is a little too much though.

Ryuukan

'Remaster'

[pointless giant pics]

Mocked these up quickly in PCSX2 with the rendering resolution at 3x to compare with the images in the original post. In the end you'll be paying for the cleaned up low-poly versions of the characters (HD textures), HD textures of the environment, full widescreen, and possibly they might fix the models/textures for all the standard NPCs, though they don't seem to want to show any yet.

I can't find PCSX2 for PS3 or Vita on PSN. Where is it?

Durante

The lighting is much flatter in the HD re-release. Nothing the lighting on Rikku's hair and Lulu's shoulders is pretty much missing from the HD re-release.
Honestly, that mostly looks like a gamma difference to me.

And I'm surprised you can even see stuff like "Rikku's hair" in that original picture, that's what, 3 pixels? :p

'Remaster'

And trophies, mun!

addik

Blog posts in the OP. Each states 'this year'.

Holy shit, you're right. I didn't see it in the site so I thought they don't have it pegged for release this year.

Crap, this is actually surprising. Now I'm excited to see more of FFX-2

test_account

XP-39C²
No. It has been known for over a year. :)
Ah ok. I thought it had been known for quite some time at least :)

Speaking of remakes, what would be most likely to happen between a full HD remake of Final Fantasy 7 or Final Fantasy X? I'm mostly thinking about the amount of work that needs to be done (how much content the games have etc.).

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Lulu does not disappoint.

Gaaaahhhhh when can I buy this fucking game? As dumb as it probably sounds, this is my most anticipated game right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom