• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayis

I'm ok with this actually, though Shea still deserved to win the whole show but girl, that lipsync was disappointing, It should have been Trinity though.

kirblar

I'm ok with this actually, though Shea still deserved to win the whole show but girl, that lipsync was disappointing, It should have been Trinity though.
Of the F4 the only two winners you could justify were Shea or Sasha if you're treating challenge performance remotely seriously.

royalan

This is the THE song

THat when it comes on in the gay club

EVERY GAY ON THE DANCE FLOOR LIPSYNCS

"It turnnnnnns out! You were making a FOooooooOOOoooll of me AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Such a perfect song for this moment.

royalan

The finale made me regret that we didn't see Sasha lipsync during the season.

Because she SLAAAAAAYED.

If we're just basing this on lipsyncing, yeah, she deserved the crown.

Sydle

Sasha did well and deserved the crown. I was hoping she had another surprise after taking off the mask. The rose petals were the highlight of the episode for me...maybe one of my favorite lip syncs of the series.

Pompadour

My wife got me into this show and over the past few seasons I've realized that fighting games need a drag queen fighter. The reveals on Drag Race are basically V-Triggers.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My wife got me into this show and over the past few seasons I've realized that fighting games need a drag queen fighter. The reveals on Drag Race are basically V-Triggers.

Cherry in Fighters Destiny
cherry.png

Shizuka

If this was any other season, Shea would've won. Shea should've won. Shea slayed the entire season, to the point where only two other queens did as well as she did over 110+ contestants. Sasha did win by the rules set for the finale, but Shea was the winner for me.

Shizuka

Was Shea the only one to release a new song today? Even Kim Chi released a single last finale, I thought at least Peppermint would release a new one as well.

royalan

Not Tyra. Tyra has always been able to slay a stage, whereas Raven has gotten lazy about everything but the makeup part of her drag.

Tyra won with their last lip sync though?
Chad would have beat Sharon, the others are debatable.

I don't think so. Sharon would have won that one. Chad ain't that special. Latrice would have won, maybe.

Only S6 and S7 winners would be different. Just Imagine: Darienne Lake, America's next drag superstar.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Her vocals aren't great, but I love the style.

Get-get-get into it.

I'm here for Shea Coulee being the new non-problematic Azealia Banks
😂 😂 😂

What a mess of title awards. Winner and Congeniality are meh.
Hurry up with a better season 10.
I think everyone's been saying that the next season will be better, since season 6. But it just hasn't. You just have to accept that without the shadiness, the show isn't as strong. Or maybe it's that the novelty has worn off.

Mythos

The episode felt boring and so rushed. I also found Peppermint really weak against Trinity, i expected her to turn it out, and it was just meh. Sasha did have some tricks, but it was entertaining as hell.

If this was any other season, Shea would've won. Shea should've won. Shea slayed the entire season, to the point where only two other queens did as well as she did over 110+ contestants. Sasha did win by the rules set for the finale, but Shea was the winner for me.

I'm pissed.

Shea knew the rules and she fucked up.

Sasha brought it. She knew what needed to be done. She had lewks, face, and reveals. Everything was planned out. It was fucking flawless.

And if you disagree, sue me.

(Regardless, that was one of the best finales ever)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Shea may have deserved to win the season but Sasha fucking slayed on the night
All her looks, the two lip syncs the Gimmicks were fucking great
It really surprised me because I would have pegged her as a looks queen that wouldn't have been able to turn it out but she came through

I felt like this synch off was necessary due to the lack luster ones this season. I wonder if they'll bring it back. It was super entertaining but it does make it so you can essentially coast to the top 4 and just come through on the night to snatch the crown (which i guess is this point)

I loved Bob's African Queen tea but lettuce Ru-member this moment from last season.

tumblr_o7ccksGlFH1t29ysho4_540.gif

this T
I stopped the finale when bob came out to go and watch this moment again

I didn't want the spoilers to be true. I really wanted Shea to win because she's a Chicago girl and a talented, wonderful person. But after seeing the finale, Sasha assassinated her in the lip sync. It sucks for Shea they changed the rules, but it's a TV show first and foremost, and Sasha was the best entertainer.

However it was extreme rigor morris that Peppermint won over Trinity, because the Tuck slayed that. All Stars 3 is gonna be so messy.

Shizuka

There is one thing that'd make me feel a little better with Sasha winning, and it's that she should've won the Village People challenge. Had she won, there'd be a three-way tie with Shea, Sasha and Trinity, and I wouldn't have felt as strongly as I do now that this was Shea's season.

I didn't want the spoilers to be true. I really wanted Shea to win because she's a Chicago girl and a talented, wonderful person. But after seeing the finale, Sasha assassinated her in the lip sync. It sucks for Shea they changed the rules, but it's a TV show first and foremost, and Sasha was the best entertainer.

However it was extreme rigor morris that Peppermint won over Trinity, because the Tuck slayed that. All Stars 3 is gonna be so messy.

For the entirety of season 9....No. Shea slayed season 9.

Adaren

Trinity's face looked stiff for her interview / lip sync. Not sure if it was stage fright, botox, or a mix of the two. It's a shame because I feel like she wasn't lip syncing at her best because of it.

Sasha definitely earned it with those lipsyncs. Total number of wins is a pretty silly metric anyway, so I'm glad that the Ru wasn't afraid to look past that number and instead judged the queens based on what they were actually serving.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Trinity's face looked stiff for her interview / lip sync. Not sure if it was stage fright, botox, or a mix of the two. It's a shame because I feel like she wasn't lip syncing at her best because of it.

Sasha definitely earned it with those lipsyncs. Total number of wins is a pretty silly metric anyway, so I'm glad that the Ru wasn't afraid to look past that number and instead judged the queens based on what they were actually serving.

The winning challenges actually show they are serving on what they were asked to do tho. Winning by lipsync at the end of the show made the whole season irrelevant because a contestant actually did better than everyone on the whole season then got the win stolen because of some last minute change to the format.

Pepiope

I like the idea of a lip sync for this season's winner considering how bad lip syncs were all season long. I just hope it doesn't stick around.

For the entirety of season 9....No. Shea slayed season 9.

No shit, but Shea's final lip sync was the worst of all four and that was the final deciding factor. I get that them changing the rules at the very end is stupid and unfair, but my point was its a reality TV show, not the Olympics. People act like there's some sort objective set of rules and regulations that are to be upheld at all times, but they're constantly pulling dumb stunts and arbitrarily changing things to try and keep people watching the show. There have been a million times in the past nine seasons this show has pissed me off with dumb shit like this, but at this point I've just accepted thats the way it is.

Anyway, Shea's smart and talented, she can do just as much with this notoriety as she could with the crown. She gets to be the girl that was robbed of her rightful win and Sasha has to deal with her win being seen as illegitimate. It's fuckery all around.

No shit, but Shea's final lip sync was the worst of all four and that was the final deciding factor. I get that them changing the rules at the very end is stupid and unfair, but my point was its a reality TV show, not the Olympics. People act like there's some sort objective set of rules and regulations that are to be upheld at all times, but they're constantly pulling dumb stunts and arbitrarily changing things to try and keep people watching the show. There have been a million times in the past nine seasons this show has pissed me off with dumb shit like this, but at this point I've just accepted thats the way it is.

Anyway, Shea's smart and talented, she can do just as much with this notoriety as she could with the crown. She gets to be the girl that was robbed of her rightful win and Sasha has to deal with her win being seen as illegitimate. It's fuckery all around.

I wouldn't necessarily say Sasha's win is illegitimate, but Shea made the season entertaining.

At least it wasn't Peppermint...I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom