• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So GAF, what do you and your side-chick (or side-guy) text/email/ chat about?

spuckthew

I've been cheated on twice and as far as I knew it was all just sex stuff. Anything else I saw was closer to an argument in nature than anything meaningful, like the guy not giving a shit and being cold and the girl being all like "tell me how you really feel about me!!"...all that kind of drama basically. I kind of sympathise with the guys in a way - all they want is to do is get their dicks wet; they don't want all that baggage and shit for some side action.

Koomaster

I was going to reply but I realize this is a thread about cheating? I thought like side-guy was just someone you were having sex with but weren't actually dating; like a friends with benefits. But judging by the posts it's a 2nd person you're dating without the first knowing I guess?

Not really down with that personally; although I have definitely been someone's side-guy before. Wasn't the best situation.

Falchion

tumblr_om423gbVMe1r0hpzko1_500.gif

This is too perfect.

gaiages

Banned
I've been cheated on twice and as far as I knew it was all just sex stuff. Anything else I saw was closer to an argument in nature than anything meaningful, like the guy not giving a shit and being cold and the girl being all like "tell me how you really feel about me!!"...all that kind of drama basically. I kind of sympathise with the guys in a way - all they want is to do is get their dicks wet; they don't want all that baggage and shit for some side action.

lol I don't feel bad for anyone that has drama because they're cheating on their SO.

Shy Fingers

Banned
Usually just venting about work to one another. We have different political ideologies, so there's some light political banter in there. Share soundbites of the projects we're working on. Just little stuff.

Anything more heavy or serious is discussed in person.

Izuna

Banned
Back when I HAD side guys, I guess it was about school, videogames, TV shows, food, and life in general. Like any of your regular friends, except sometimes we'd bang.

Though I once had one where we didn't bang, but we'd talk about theoretical things. Philosophy, meaning of life, the universe, if we could live forever would we take it (pro/con), music, people, etc. We'd cuddle and give each other massages but that was it.

Always talked to all of them about my problems.

I don't know why I'd have one now though. I married the perfect man for me, and he's everything I ever wanted. Never felt like I was missing anything.

the concept side guys seems so alien to me. Were they in the know?

When I date people I respect and like them a lot. Don't really have room in my head for a side piece.

I've been cheated on before, feels pretty bad.

Izayoi

Banned
Talking to them is not wise. The point of the relationship is to have sex, like I can be bothered with their incessant, vapid banter. In my experience, most people who cheat on their spouses without their knowledge are fucking miserable. Dishonest scumbags who are good for nothing other than taking dick. It's rare I find someone who is there with the full knowledge of their significant other. (Full disclosure, my wife and I are in an open relationship.)

Nice not-so-stealthy brag, by the way. Are you drunk?

Izuna

Banned
All of them, yeah.

To be honest I was much younger, same with them, and none of them knew what it was like to have a girl interested in them making the first move. I mean, imagine that you're some dork in high school (I had a thing for guys who were into "nerdy" things like physics and olympiads) and then that relatively(!) cute and also dorky girl shows a huge interest in you and your interests and finds you fascinating.

It's human nature I think.

Hmm, another universe maybe I would understand.

In the UK as a teen, some relationships lasted an evening...

Friend of mine once asked me why I wasn't chasing after a girl I work with.

Me: "She has a fiancée."
Him: "That doesn't mean anything."

As he broke up with his previous girlfriend of nearly a decade for cheating on him (with another girl), I kinda wanted to slap the mess out of him, even if he was joking. It makes my shit itch how easily people rationalize cheating.

neoemonk

When I got married a guy I worked with told me I would cheat on my wife. He was on his second marriage and he said as guys, we just can't help ourselves sometimes. I told him I wouldn't have gotten married if I wasn't planning on staying faithful.

A few years later I found out he went to prison for molesting a 12 year old girl. It really cast that conversation in a disturbing light.

luulubuu

Before you guys jumping the shark about side relationships, if the "main" partner is okay then is okay, I guess.

We talk mostly about our days and stuff, treating it differently will ruin both relationships to be honest.

Fucking up and cheating is bad enough, but it's crazy for me to see people casually talk about it as if it's some ongoing, viable lifestyle. Wtf.

vegohead

My roommate cheats on his serious gf of 2-3 years with some woman who drives a red mustang. Bothers the shit out of me because he has a 2 year old kid with another woman already.

I try to avoid him as much as possible, such a loser.

Pixeluh

Fucking up and cheating is bad enough, but it's crazy for me to see people casually talk about it as if it's some ongoing, viable lifestyle. Wtf.

Ugh I agree, it is completely disgusting in my eyes.

My boyfriend's roommate has a girlfriend, but he is constantly talking to chicks on the side. It's like he is waiting for them to want to date him so he can get dump his girlfriend. He loves the idea of having a girlfriend but hates the commitment and lack of "freedom".

Depends how mainline the other person is. I knew girls who dated around. Usually one main person and other appetizers while it was happening. To that point there wasn't any commitment. It struck me as callous but that is when I had the "If I had a girlfriend I'd treat her like a princess!" mentality which I think is pretty poisonous itself.

jph139

I mean, more than a third of marriages have one partner admit cheating, so you'd be naive to think it's not a usual occurrence. I'd figure the real numbers are at least at 40%. And that's not even counting the less serious relationships that most people are talking about.

It's not something I'd do, because I'm mature enough to have a conversation about exclusivity, but for a pretty sizable chunk of the population infidelity is just a part of life.

riotous

Banned
I I kind of sympathise with the guys in a way - all they want is to do is get their dicks wet; they don't want all that baggage and shit for some side action.

There's plenty of guys who are the ones to bring drama to a situation like that; this post is rather sexist.

I mean, more than a third of marriages have one partner admit cheating, so you'd be naive to think it's not a usual occurrence.

"Cheating in a marriage" != "Having a side chick/dick"

Cheating in a marriage can be a step to moving on to a relationship with that other person, it can be a one-time thing where you never see the person again, or any number of other possibilities. Not everyone who cheats "keeps one primary and another side."

Also, I wouldn't trust "cheating statistics" from a website trying to sell private investigator services.
What are they going to say? "Everything's fine and no one cheats. By the way, pay for our services to see if your partner is cheating."

Found the guy who thinks women don't play men as well

they dont fart either buddy

--

Anyway, OP: is this a humblebrag thread or what? Did you really think a thread about betraying and cheating on someone that cares about you would turn out well? I can't imagine you did.

You make less sense than the OP.

Why not just be upfront with wanting an open relationship instead of lying and disrespecting their partners and putting them at additional risk of STDs and HPVs without their knowledge?

Man, most of my friends are married now. Perhaps it's from being raised in a hyper masculine environment, and/or the ease of access to attracting woman and maintaining their interest, but I believe most of my friends operate on having a wife/girlfriend who they love, take care of, and treat right as a source of stability while having a side chick or two to reinforce their ego and sexual desires.

Really having your cake and eat it too.

I'm guilty of it myself.

riotous

Banned
Man, most of my friends are married now. Perhaps it's from being raised in a hyper masculine environment, and/or the ease of access to attracting woman and maintaining their interest, but I believe most of my friends operate on having a wife/girlfriend who they love, take care of, and treat right as a source of stability while having a side chick or two to reinforce their ego and sexual desires.

Really having your cake and eat it too.

I'm guilty of it myself.

Too much stress; find a girl who is down with side chicks. Problem solved.

Top Bottom