• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Numb

This is perfect. Thank you!

If some of the kids are pros and notice all the cuts and want to up their dance game to the next level..

giphy.gif

I'd link JYP singing about butts but they kids

K-Pop Gaf, I humbly ask your assistance.

I'm subbing a music class tomorrow, and I'm doing a lesson on music from around the world/history. I was thinking of including K-Pop in the lesson since it's a popular genre of music and I want the kiddos to be exposed to something different. Problem is I don't know much about K-Pop myself.

So my question is are there any songs you'd recommend I use for a fast lesson on the genre? Needs to be about 2:30 - 4 minutes long and okay for a group of 3rd graders to listen to. Any information you can give me about the song's meaning would be helpful too.

Just show them a Keith Ape song.

I'm subbing a music class tomorrow, and I'm doing a lesson on music from around the world/history. I was thinking of including K-Pop in the lesson since it's a popular genre of music and I want the kiddos to be exposed to something different. Problem is I don't know much about K-Pop myself.

So my question is are there any songs you'd recommend I use for a fast lesson on the genre? Needs to be about 2:30 - 4 minutes long and okay for a group of 3rd graders to listen to. Any information you can give me about the song's meaning would be helpful too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMqL1iWfku4

This one has movie parodies, maybe kids would like it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgoJwhfV60A, it has some performances with the members cosplayed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_g-57K27rg.
Or this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGRv8ZBLuW0, its superpowers themed.

llehuty

^^ Don't leave us hanging, spill the deets

This is hysterical:
April's Jinsol criticized severely for ruining Choi Hyun Woo's magic show, netizens demand feedback from DSP Media

YxbdDBJ.gif

[MV] MOMOLAND(모모랜드) _ Freeze(꼼짝마) (Dance ver.)
This song is one of my favourites of the quirky kpop subgenre, despite there being a bit of over-saturation of it lately.

MXM (BRANDNEW BOYS) – ‘I'M THE ONE' Performance Ver
This song is also quickly climbing up my rankings.

It's probably late, but more recommendations: The "old" classics.

Girls` Generation(소녀시대) _ Gee _ MusicVideo
Wonder Girls "NOBODY (Kor. Ver)" M/V (It has subs)

Some modern classics:
KARA - STEP
EXO - 으르렁 (Growl)_Music Video (Korean ver.)
TWICE(&#53944;&#50752;&#51060;&#49828;) "TT" M/V <--- I'd go with this one, it's modern, it's catchy, it's kid friendly and very popular in korea. It also has all the kpop "shock factors" for people not familiar with it (big group, focus on key point dances, crazy production values, cutesy focus).

BTS - Dope
EXO - Growl

havokex

sorry had no internet last night. They went straight to their room after the dinner so I couldn't confirm if it was them. Maybe if they're at the same breakfast time as we are I'll be able to confirm it.

havokex

So it really was them. Shin young agreed to take a picture with me but Seoulhyun declined(naturally). They were surprised I recognized them.

havokex

Cool.Did you get a chance to talk a little bit with them? How was seeing Seolhyun in real life *.*?

Didn't talk to them very much, since it was right after the breakfast. They changed tables to have one with a view after they finished eating and that's when I went to their table.

Honestly I didn't recognize her until after I notice Shin Young. She's definitely very attractive in person though. Seolhyun didn't seem to be able to speak English though.

Yoohyeon &#8212;&#8212; [Special Clip] Dreamcatcher(&#46300;&#47548;&#52880;&#52432;) &#50976;&#54788; 'Secret Love Song'

Always happy for Subin's solo success, but I wish there was a way for Soulsnatcher and Dal Sahbet to co-exist. 'Someone like U' is the last Dal Shabet song I liked.

R1920x0

170818 Redvelvet concert Redroom &#49836;&#44592; Be natural by SensibleK
[FANCAM] Be Natural &#49836;&#44592; Focus.

'Automatic' will always be top tier Red Velvet.

170818 Redvelvet concert Redroom &#49836;&#44592; automatic by SensibleK
170819 RED ROOM - Automatic - &#47112;&#46300;&#48296;&#48307;

170820 &#47112;&#46300;&#48296;&#48307; &#53080;&#49436;&#53944; Red Room &#51312;&#51060; Happily Ever After &#51649;&#52896;

170909 INCHEON K-POP CONCERT - Seulgi(Red Velvet) 'Red Flavor' 4K 60P FANCAM by DaftTaengk &#8212;&#8212; 170909 &#51064;&#52380;&#54620;&#47448;&#44288;&#44305;&#53080;&#49436;&#53944; - &#49836;&#44592;(&#47112;&#46300;&#48296;&#48307;) '&#48744;&#44036; &#47579;' 4K 60P &#51649;&#52896; by DaftTaengk

170909 INCHEON K-POP CONCERT - Seulgi(Red Velvet) 'Rookie' 4K 60P FANCAM by DaftTaengk &#8212;&#8212; 170909 &#51064;&#52380;&#54620;&#47448;&#44288;&#44305;&#53080;&#49436;&#53944; - &#49836;&#44592;(&#47112;&#46300;&#48296;&#48307;) 'Rookie' 4K 60P &#51649;&#52896; by DaftTaengk

&#55357;&#56865;
&#55357;&#56842;

#Godgi #YourFavesFave #HermesScarf #LouisVuittonBag #DesignerToothFloss #AllThisHasGivenMeCarpalTunnel

R1920x0

llehuty

[MV] &#50648;&#47532;&#49828; (ELRIS) - Pow Pow

tumblr_ow7cw7hTkl1wvgtpjo2_250.gif

This is actually not bad. At least it sounds different to anything that has been released lately. It's actually very reminiscent of early Secret releases, with the brassy chorus and rock elements (and maybe the Love is Volcano is just a coincidence, but is very reminiscent of Secret's Love is Move). Also, they have the crown of best spelling of love choreo so far.

Although they are still in the too cutesy realm, at least they seem to be doing their own thing now.

#FreeSohee...eventually

&#50728;&#50532;&#50724;&#54532; (ONF) - Original (Performance ver.)
WM better step up their game and give us this quality B-sides special clips for nest Oh My Girl comeback.

[MV] &#50648;&#47532;&#49828; (ELRIS) - Pow Pow

tumblr_ow7cw7hTkl1wvgtpjo2_250.gif

This is actually not bad. At least it sounds different to anything that has been released lately. It's actually very reminiscent of early Secret releases, with the brassy chorus and rock elements (and maybe the Love is Volcano is just a coincidence, but is very reminiscent of Secret's Love is Move). Also, they have the crown of best spelling of love choreo so far.

Yeah surprisingly I like this a lot. My only complaint is the Engrish but I can deal with it.

The other positive note is that I'm glad Sohee is learning more facial expressions. Her deadpan face in Spotlight was a little distracting considering everything that was going on with it.

But yeah, this is good. Much better than the trash GFriend just put out lol.

Aw come on that's disrespectful to A-Pinkeu.

With A-Pinkeu you know what you're getting and it's mostly harmless because while they don't evolve, they're not regressing either.

Summer Rain though? Yikes.

I couldn't even get past 45secs into the song coz it's just downright bad.

No No Eul

·feist·;248806280 said:
#AllThisHasGivenMeCarpalTunnel

Worth it though.

With A-Pinkeu you know what you're getting and it's mostly harmless because while they don't evolve, they're not regressing either.

I love their early stuff but I feel like pretty much everything they've released since has been a step backwards.

Eunjung speaking English.

&#128545;
&#128522;
·feist·;248806280 said:
ok kpopGAF is definitely influencing me subliminally. There a lady in my building that looks like Seulgi. i never noticed but now I think all these posts/megaposts are affecting me. i start to compare face features like eyes cheek bones, etc... need to start blocking these gifs. =)

There was a huge stigma in my area growing up for Korean-Americans not to like FOB's. (koreanized girls). i honestly get annoyed at Korean girl personalities no matter how pretty. (yeah kpop girls remind me so much of how annoying they can be) now, i'm starting to notice them arrgh =P though i'm just half kidding, it's kinda true, Korean girls(not all) can get annoying. rant over.

this is good example:
[ENG] 170722 Red Velvet (&#47112;&#46300;&#48296;&#48307;) SNL Korea 9 Wendy & Seulgi "3-Minute Girlfriend"

my favorite expression to them:
Yaa! Churdi GaHHH (translation: Hey! get away from meeee!!! or stop bothering me)

^Lmao.

One of my friends is a dead ringer for Bora from Sistar but she's Viet and everytime I see her I'm just like all confused or whatever haha. She knows who Bora is too but idk if she can see it lol. I haven't told her straight up but I've dropped hints here and there and her friends agree that at the very least, she bears resemblance to Bora.

I love their early stuff but I feel like pretty much everything they've released since has been a step backwards.

Nah I agree actually, it's a step backwards but unlike GFriend, their step back was still in their lane.

What GFriend has done was slowly evolve, jumped the shark with Fingertip and now it seems like Love Whisper and Summer Rain are more of a "oh shit we fucked up" kind of thing and took 10 steps back to Glass Bead.

Hopefully this is just temporary and they go back to their sound with Rough and Navillera.

Odd Eye Circle - Jinsoul

Saving the best for last huh BBC?

^Lmao.

One of my friends is a dead ringer for Bora from Sistar but she's Viet and everytime I see her I'm just like all confused or whatever haha. She knows who Bora is too but idk if she can see it lol. I haven't told her straight up but I've dropped hints here and there and her friends agree that at the very least, she bears resemblance to Bora.
too funny...
i'm just ranting cause i'm starting to get attracted =P

oldie:
Two Two - A women who is unfaithful 1995

That there are people who don't think Fingertip is GFriend's best song blows my mind.

Lol you're preaching to the choir here man.

I know the term "jumping the shark" usually is in a negative connotation but in this case I used it to say that it's a huge and drastic leap from before.

I do think it's definitely one of their better songs these days.

too funny...
i'm just ranting cause i'm starting to get attracted =P

Ha, that's a dangerous path to tread on lol.

Gintamen

How did GFriend manage to be even more boring than their last one... completely forgettable, like and amalgam of their past songs excluding the obvious one.

Top Bottom