• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSpot

Under the purchased tab on the left? If it's not there, you didn't buy it yet or it's a bug, I've never had a game I bought not show up under the purchased tab, can't help you there sorry. :/

No I definitely bought it. Got the theme, see it purchased.

are you on the beta firmware? i had the same issue i had to go back to the offical firmware and it allowed me to preload, went back to the beta after i started downloading

It was this. I figured this out about 30 min ago and rolled back.

Interestingly, I wonder if Beta FW prohibits certain updates to games? Because I just got like 15 game updates auto downloading. Battlefield, Headlander, Warframe. Then again, maybe rolling back just reset the "recently played" clock and forced everything to update. Who knows.

Regarding difficulty play level, it seems most are planning to play this on hard/very hard. Is normal too easy & you can cheese through the game? Do you get mad money/XP and health on the regular?

Also how easy is it to unlock almost every skill tree and max out your character in this game?

I think hard is perfect difficulty, never get frustrated, but I feel the challenge. For example I'm level 26 right now and the main missions are level 15 and they are still challenging, you can't be careless in this game no matter what level you are.

ajanke

Does anyone know how many sidequests are in the game?

not a lot. There's
like maybe 5-6 I think. I have to look again but I know (spoilers ahead) that each Cauldron has an assigned group of robots to it. When you beat the Cauldron you get the ability to hack or override those robots assigned to it.

ajanke

I think hard is perfect difficulty, never get frustrated, but I feel the challenge. For example I'm level 26 right now and the main missions are level 15 and they are still challenging, you can't be careless in this game no matter what level you are.

I get frustrated playing on hard but it's half from me messing up. The other half is when I'm fighting robots and 3-4 more bad ass ones show up behind me and I have no idea. Probably also due to me not taking my time and scouting the area fully enough.

Torgo

How many skills can we realistically purchase in the skill tree without crazy grinding by the end of the game?

I want to plan ahead of my route of what to take when taking into account how many points I'll get towards the end.

I'm 43 hours in and I have 4 skills to unlock still. But I had to purposely stop running side-quests/errands so that I could finish the story for the review. It's a pretty steady pace until you get to the bottom skills, then it takes a bit longer per.

Anyone know what the cheapest place in the UK to get the standard version is? ShopTo seem to have it for about £39 with the pre-order DLC and Art Cards

Mikey Jr.

Hype gif, credit to therealminime:
lQ0OVcB.gif

Hype combat video, credit to MiamiWesker: https://vid.me/rAGi

Yeah, this gif is so far the best I've seen from thus game.

Frostman

Just had to un-subscribe from 7 people on YouTube due to spoiler thumbnails.

What do they gain by pulling that bullshit, the games not out. People will just get irritated.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Difficulty: I'm really interested to see how this shakes out. I thought the game was legitimately difficult on Normal -- one of the hardest shooter/action games I've played, and certainly the hardest in recent years. Not Soulsborne, of course, but it's not trying to be that.

I had 32 out of 36 skills unlocked when I finished the game, and I stopped doing side content about halfway to finish the review in time. I've been max-level/max-skills for most of the endgame trophy-hunting.
Interesting, thanks. Appreciate the input based on your experiences with the game. Also good to know she can be pretty much max level for endgame.
I'm quite hyped to play this sexy game.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
It kinda sucks there are no trophies tied to difficulty levels, but I'll still be playing on hard (currently doing the same with Dishonored 2, it's so much fun considering enemies are more observant than in the first game). Can't wait to get my hands on it :)

I get frustrated playing on hard but it's half from me messing up. The other half is when I'm fighting robots and 3-4 more bad ass ones show up behind me and I have no idea. Probably also due to me not taking my time and scouting the area fully enough.

Yeah yesterday I fought two Snapmaws at the same time and it was brutal, ended up pulling it off but yeah lol.

Floody

Just had to un-subscribe from 7 people on YouTube due to spoiler thumbnails.

What do they gain by pulling that bullshit, the games not out. People will just get irritated.

I hate that YouTube seems to go out of it's way to make them show up in the recommended tab too, never watched a single Nioh or NeiR video yet have had multiple bosses spoiled including the final ones, also had multiple Yakuza 0 bosses spoiled this way. Will be avoiding YouTube until I'm done with this.

Pre-ordered on PSN and can't wait to play this when I get home from work. Re7, this, Mass Effect and Zelda coming up...this year man!

Does anyone know how many types of sidequests are in the game?

The game breaks it up into side quests and errands and I honestly can't tell the difference. They both feel like side quests to me. Probably about 20 or so in total. It's good stuff, all of them have new characters and a story to go with it, witcher 3 like.

Frostman

I hate that YouTube seems to go out of it's way to make them show up in the recommended tab too, never watched a single Nioh or NeiR video yet have had multiple bosses spoiled including the final ones, also had multiple Yakuza 0 bosses spoiled this way. Will be avoiding YouTube until I'm done with this.

Yeah same. I've watched some videos from this guy called 'Shirrako' previously, and because of that Nier vids are popping up on my feed. I wouldn't mind, but each video is naming bosses and showing images of them on the thumbnail. Why? So damn annoying.

ajanke

Yeah yesterday I fought two Snapmaws at the same time and it was brutal, ended up pulling it off but yeah lol.

I've been in situations where there are like 10 different robots that are all high level and there's no way I'd be able to handle them. But they were all around a tall neck. I cleared who I could, found out how to climb this tall neck, hacked him, and fought all of the robots around him from the top of the tall neck. It was probably like 5-6 watchers, 3 snapmaws, and 3 of those flying robots. Forgot their name.

Toni

Yep, fucking Youtube spoiled some stuff for me as well. Ever since video news took over, Youtube has become a plague in tumbnail spoilers, thumbnail click-baiting and video descriptions.

Websites are one thing, but Youtube was the place I least expected to be avoiding for fear of spoilers.

People just can't contain themselves.

ajanke

I did find that one house in Meridian that was in the DF performance review. It's weird how that house somehow messes up the FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom