• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parking outside of other peoples house.

slit

What did they say when you explained the situation and how you're still learning a manual transmission and don't want to hit anybody's car?

Anybody wanna guess how many words I typed of that sentence before I started laughing out loud? Why can't you fuckers just be normal.

Maybe I'm missing the joke but why is that funny?

No neighborhood is perfect, and in most cases you got to get the spot while you can. My personal gripe is when people park on sidewalks especially when there's plenty of room to inch up.

I had a letter left on my car for parking in front of a house once too.

I wrote back that I would TRY to find other parking spaces, but it's a public street and if nothing else is available I'm not going to park an additional block away if this is the most convenient spot.

I mean, I get that it's frustrating not to have your favorite spot, but if you bought a house without a garage with public street parking as the only option, you need to expect that occasionally people are going to park there if you don't get there first.

I would never buy a house or live in an apartment with street parking as the only parking option. I've had a window smashed in where I used to live, all because I left my $30-40 Target jacket in the front seat and (most stupid on my part) a Nordstrom shoe box on the floor in the back that I was using as a garbage can. Also wasn't an ideal time to realize that my car insurance had a really high deductible and also didn't cover glass damage for free (I'd never been in an accident or used my insurance ever before that). I switched insurance REAL QUICK after that.

Find somewhere new to park and get better at it OP. Being a New driver isn't an excuse, once you have your license you are expected to know what you are doing.

Jzero

If it's a public street you can park wherever the fuck you please as long as you're not blocking a driveway.
Write down the law and tape it to your window.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Remember my first note. Parked and asshole wrote a note, basically saying don't be an inconsiderate asshole.

Might I add, this was in a parking lot for an ice ring and all we did was park between two cars, in the line. He must of left and lost his spot, so fuck him.

Rad-

If someone parked their car right in front of my house every day I have to admit it would feel a bit strange and I would leave a note too.

GiantBeagle

Neo Member
Dude park somewhere else. Just after I passed my test I parked in front of my neighbours house ONE TIME and the next morning one of my tyres had been slashed and my wing mirror had been kicked off. They have no right to tell you to move but it'll be you who is out of pocket.

MilkBeard

I don't know what it is, but people like to get really mad about parking spots they don't own. Make sure you only take one space though, OP.

T.v

Where i live the street is dotted with parking spaces. Some right in front of my house. These are free game to anyone, no matter where they live. Sure, this can be annoying to the houses without a driveway but that's their problem. Taking up 2 spaces is never okay though.

My neighbor is very protective of "his" spot too. Whenever someone else is parked there and they leave, this guy basically rushes out of his house to put his car there. Luckily I have my own driveway that could fit two small cars if needed. I own zero.

slit

Of course it's not illegal, but it sure as fuck is inconsiderate.

It's also inconsiderate for the homeowner to have that level of a sense of entitlement on a public street therefore I guess the inconsiderateness cancels each other out and it goes back to first come first serve.

Omadahl

Banned
I'd be a bit miffed if someone took up two spots as it happens a lot in front of my house. I also understand parking on a hill with a manual is tough and parallel parking a manual on a hill makes me feel like a damn stunt driver. Just do your best and ignore the note. Who the hell memorizes every one of their neighbors cars?

Top Bottom