• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Been weiting for these tow, will get day 1 both. Hopefully Atlus do other Dungeon Travelers games too.

Btw, where the hell is Caligula? Utawarerumono has its teaser webpage but there is still no word on Caligula. Have Atlus cancelled it secretly?
Pretty sure they just started working on the localization. I doubt it's canceled

Saphirax

Been weiting for these tow, will get day 1 both. Hopefully Atlus do other Dungeon Travelers games too.

Btw, where the hell is Caligula? Utawarerumono has its teaser webpage but there is still no word on Caligula. Have Atlus cancelled it secretly?

They have not. Hardin mentioned that they've barely started working on the game so it's going to be a while before we see anything.

incpdo

I have to say this year is starting pretty strong for vita( for us Japanese rpg and VN lovers at least)Also danganronpa v3 almost doubling sales of the PS4 version , wtf . Go vita go , we still have a really good line up for all the year ( assuming we get all the games announced).

maouvin

Has anyone heard anything about 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim? On a Vanillaware kick at the moment so the idea of them doing mechs is very exciting.

There was a recent interview with Kamitani where he said 13 Sentinels will have online. And that's it.

maouvin

Wasn't that mistranslated and that he meant that his new game, after 13 Sentinels, will have online?

Could be. Actually the first source I found said about online on whatever comes after 13 Sentinels, then other sources said it was for it indeed. Not sure who's right now lol.
At least 13 Sentinels is still in production I guess~

18-Volt

They have not. Hardin mentioned that they've barely started working on the game so it's going to be a while before we see anything.

At this pace, Caligula will be released after Alliance Alive, the other FuRyu game Atlus are supposed to localize. Caligula is one of my most anticipated game of 2017, I need to see at least some localized screens.

robotnik

At this pace, Caligula will be released after Alliance Alive, the other FuRyu game Atlus are supposed to localize. Caligula is one of my most anticipated game of 2017, I need to see at least some localized screens.
I hope Atlus will skip Alliance Alive, Legend of Legacy was terrible.

Please calm down. They're re-affirmed the game is coming and given a development update recently (i.e. it's not very far along). Just be patient lol! The sky isn't falling with this one.

News updates: God Wars is March in the west:

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/god-wars-future-past-launches-march-28-north-america-march-31-europe

NISA must've been translating this one as they went along.

Also Talisman is coming to Vita/PS4 this year:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...olls-the-dice-on-ps4-and-ps-vita-this-spring/

In a shocking move... the trailer for this game actually had a Vita in, lol.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
i'll have to create a plan to deal with the amount of games i'm interested, the only thing i know is i HAVE to get the tokyo Xanadu limited edition, i can't pass having falcom sound team jdk in physical format

and oh boy if Ys VIII has a vita limited edition, i'll just have to skip a lot of games

Shizuka

From two Vita games last year, Sega/Atlus are publishing four this year, one of them being an exclusive. What were the odds they'd outdo 2016? Same for Aksys.

RK128

From two Vita games last year, Sega/Atlus are publishing four this year, one of them being an exclusive. What were the odds they'd outdo 2016? Same for Aksys.

Well isn't many major Aksys releases announced from the Anime Expo 2016 launching this year? They already have a fantastic 2016 with lots of visual novels and big releases like Tokyo Xanadu coming.

SEGA/Atlus have more cross-platform games coming out this year thanks to localization work being done, so it would makes sense to localize the Vita versions of those titles to get more sales. I do see them announcing more games though. While this is a foolish and stupid hope......I would love it if Sonic Mania gets a Vita release. The Switch is getting a port, so a Vita version isn't completely impossible.

18-Volt

I expect more surprises. Dungeon Travelers 2-2 maybe? Or even fast localization for 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim.

NISA have really stepped up as well, loads of games coming from them this year.

OT: http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-progress-update-second-console-patch-localization-and-more/

"We are currently investigating the possibility of a PS Vita port [of Stardew Valley]"

I wish they'd just commit at this point. They clearly want to and have said "maybe" enough times.

Got a digital copy of Velocity Ultra. Never been too big a fan of the game.

But regardless, it's nice to see this getting a physical release.

3pxd63S.jpg

omg it looks amazing

Saphirax

We're getting some Hakuouki news today. Probably a LE or something similar.

(They should just announce the second part, IFI pls...).

Tohsaka

How's physical only for the Vita?

I have 50+ physical games for Vita and only buy digital when there is no retail copy. It works out well for me since I usually only play one game at a time, and don't have to really worry about memory card space.

Saphirax

For anyone looking to preorder - VGP has both Utawarerumono games and SRWV (the price kills my soul whenever I look at it).

For anyone looking to preorder - VGP has both Utawarerumono games and SRWV (the price kills my soul whenever I look at it).

I keep forgetting to check the prices on VG+ when I import games.

And yeah, I need to place my SRWV order soon, but my god is it pricey.

How's physical only for the Vita?

I wound up getting a 64GB card for my vita and actually have no idea how to put in cartridge (memory card, disc?)

I was thinking of getting Virtua Tennis 4 as I think that's phyiscal only or maybe an MLB game to keep in the system.

Also, on an unrelated note, does anyone know if 2064: Read Only Memories is still vita bound? I picked it up on PS4 assuming it had crossbuy and was disappointed I couldn't start it on Vita.

Neptunia vs. Zombies for $3.74 sounds like a steal.

I'd honestly say that's about how much it's worth. I bought it during an Amazon sale and really did not find anything noteworthy
other than all the girls being dressed as schoolgirls.
It is probably one of the easiest games I've ever played and I didn't like how the story was just random events loosely strung together. This and Neptune vs SeHa made me not really care to play any more of the spinoffs, which is a shame since I actually like the mainline games.

John Blade

Just saw the list and turn on my VITA and found out not all the games are on sale here in Canada. Kinda suck as they're some PS1 games I will get on the sale. But we do have some games not on the list like the two below.

Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
Akibas Trip: Undead & undressed

Wondering what people here impression of this two games as I have no clue of them at all.

Edit: Ops, you need to look for the other games. My fault. Also, what is people impression of borderlands 2 as I never play FPS games on handheld much.

VindicationDay

Neo Member
Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
Akibas Trip: Undead & undressed

Wondering what people here impression of this two games as I have no clue of them at all.

Akiba's Trip is pretty good! I actually really liked the story and characters. Roaming around the Shibuya district of Tokyo, stripping vampire-like creatures and doing side missions is pretty fun. I would definitely recommend it.

Borderlands 2 on Vita is...Fine. Out of all of the platforms it is on, the Vita version is definitely the inferior version--so unless you have to have it portable, I would recommend another platform (if you have one). That being said, it's a perfectly playable port--online multiplayer is fun (if you can find others playing) and it can be pretty addictive! It also comes with all DLC. I would definitely consider it for the price it is at. Do note it is a pretty large installation!

If you haven't played Killzone Mercenary on Vita yet,that is a great FPS. Arguably the best one on the platform, although there isn't much competition, to be fair. Haha.

Akiba's Trip is pretty good! I actually really liked the story and characters. Roaming around the Shibuya district of Tokyo, stripping vampire-like creatures and doing side missions is pretty fun. I would definitely recommend it.

I think you mean Akihabara. It's literally in the game title, haha

Top Bottom