• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

90's Mix 3 pack next week, featuring the atrocious 'Life is a Highway' by Tom Cochrane.

Anyone who likes that shit obviously doesn't have a child who's made them watch Pixar's Cars hundreds of times. (Shudder).

Being the 90's though i'm very interested to see what else is in the pack.

90s Mix III

Tom Cochrane "Life Is a Highway"
???
???

Hey it's not Tom Cochrane's fault some murricans butchered his song for a Pixar movie

III-V

90's Mix 3 pack next week, featuring the atrocious 'Life is a Highway' by Tom Cochrane.

Anyone who likes that shit obviously doesn't have a child who's made them watch Pixar's Cars hundreds of times. (Shudder).

Lightning McQueen - my son's favorite.

Closing Time - Semisonics. No idea, just first 90s song that came to my head.

Maybe that's why I thought of it! Oh well. Too much to choose from the 90s, I bet people will complain. That's the safe bet.

I'd like to see a few more 'easy' songs appear in DLC, and something with nice chord progressions. Although, Rocksmith doesn't really handle chords very well from my experiences.

(shrugs). It's..... alright I guess. ;-) Richard III would make a better Supergrass Rocksmith song.

What wouldn't make an ideal Rocksmith song is 'Gypsy Woman' by Crystal Waters, which someone just drove past my home blaring out at full volume. La da di da di dawww

Maybe that's why I thought of it! Oh well. Too much to choose from the 90s, I bet people will complain. That's the safe bet.

I'd like to see a few more 'easy' songs appear in DLC, and something with nice chord progressions. Although, Rocksmith doesn't really handle chords very well from my experiences.

Nope, especially not in quick succession.

Lightning McQueen - my son's favorite.

I'm sorry man, I feel the pain. Luckily mine's mother agreed to take him to Cars 3 so I dodged a bullet there. I got to do Spider-Man instead.

How old is your's? Mine (one and only) just turned 3 in May.

Mine's seven, but three was about the age of intense McQueen obsession!

Edit - The final song is 'Little Miss Can't Be Wrong' by the Spin Doctors. Yeah... no ta.

As someone who got into rock music in the 90's, I have to say RS is pretty crap at making mix packs from that decade. Apart from Life is a Highway obviously Toy ;-)

90s Mix III – $7.99

* Spin Doctors “Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong”
* Supergrass “Alright”
* Tom Cochrane “Life is a Highway”

It’s all E Standard this week!

Chris R

This is really cool.

Shame I don't think I'll be able to play it with my RB3 pro guitar... Had to go a whole fret up on my bottom E to get the correct note to register, and the volume has to be at 10 or the game doesn't pick it up :(

Got to try to find a good beginner Bass since that's what I'd rather be playing anyways.

Marilyn Manson Pack

The Beautiful People
???
???

If my EU SEN Store Rocksmith DLC detection technique is the stuff, then
Tourniquet
is in but not
The Fight Song.

Early Manson is about as close as we can currently get to NIN I guess....

Eh, not really into Manson. Whether or not I purchase the pack is based on how fun the songs look to play.

I liked Antichrist Superstar when it came out but sssh don't tell anyone.

Can't imagine TBP is particularly interesting to play? DUH-DUH DUH-DUH DUH.

If Sweet Dreams is in I may have to pick that up.

It's not Sweet Dreams, but it is a good song that I wanted :)

No Sweet Dreams? Nooooooo

After giving your reputable website a hit, I want the Radiohead 'influenced' Coma White but reckon it will be Lunchbox....

Neither is bringing anything up on the SEN Store search though.

Random aside - Rocksmith could do with some Ministry. I'd pay good money for anything from The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste.

Marilyn Manson Song Pack – $7.99

* Marilyn Manson ”The Beautiful People" – Drop D
* Marilyn Manson ”Coma White" – EADGAe [Lead/Rhythm]
* Marilyn Manson ”Tourniquet"

Marilyn Manson Song Pack – $7.99

* Marilyn Manson “The Beautiful People” – Drop D
* Marilyn Manson “Coma White” – Custom Tuning [Lead/Rhythm]
* Marilyn Manson “Tourniquet”

*Custom Tuning to be confirmed*

I'm jealous about that Ministry gig.

Ooooh Coma White, I'll be having some of that.

o0yfcuQ.png

jumper

AC/DC! Finally! Whoop. (/s). Tame Impala is Aussie, right?

Looks like ThreePi got his Monkee track.

Chicago eh? I can only presume our Ministry requests were taken on board... (Smashing Pumpkins II probably).

What if they're actually referring to the band Chicago? I hope not! :)

Would love a Smashing Pumpkins II pack though (one with Soma and Mayonaise).

The Monkees Song Pack – $7.99

The Monkees “Last Train to Clarksville”
The Monkees “Pleasant Valley Sunday”
The Monkees “Valleri”

*Everything in E Standard!*

Hey all -- we pushed a patch this morning to the console and PC versions of Rocksmith, and they should all be live now. Here's the big changes, which are quite honestly not terribly large:

- XB1: Rock Band 4 microphone should now work for Microphone Mode
- PS4: Real Tone Cable should no longer emit crackling sounds after PS4 resumes from sleep mode
- PS3: Song pack release dates should now be accurate
- All platforms: Various bug fixes and minor improvements

We are still working on a few other nagging issues and I'll let you know when we have those solved in the future.

Dan

Yo RocksmithGAF. Full disclosure. I'm an idiot. Fully aware of that. I grabbed a PS4 only song pack from the web PSN store because you can't get to the early song packs in RS2014. I did not realize some were split as PS3/PS4 only. Am I boned and forced to buy it a second time if I want it on my PS3, or will the system propagate the license eventually? I know this happens in some rare cases so figured I'd check if there is any hope before dropping another $8.

RfN3UN8.png

Ace 8095

Can someone recommend a microphone for my acoustic? I don't really care about quality other than what's required to work with rocksmith.

Yo RocksmithGAF. Full disclosure. I'm an idiot. Fully aware of that. I grabbed a PS4 only song pack from the web PSN store because you can't get to the early song packs in RS2014. I did not realize some were split as PS3/PS4 only. Am I boned and forced to buy it a second time if I want it on my PS3, or will the system propagate the license eventually? I know this happens in some rare cases so figured I'd check if there is any hope before dropping another $8.

RfN3UN8.png
Try messaging Sony support about the problem and try to get a refund?

Try messaging Sony support about the problem and try to get a refund?

Yeah, I may give it a shot. I was mostly confused as I thought the DLC carried across regardless of system but this answers my confusion.
Any DLC that you purchased on PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360 will be available to download on the next-gen console from the same manufacturer. However, DLC purchased on next-gen consoles will not be available for download on previous gen systems.
It is the most convenient for me to have everything on PS3 as that is where my music equipment is, but I'd also like the option to move up to PS4 eventually. I had a mild panic attack that all my DLC wasn't going to carry over but it makes more sense now. Shame that it is an easy mistake to make considering how hard it is to navigate games with tons of DLC on PSN, but oh well. I'll find some way to carry on. Just make sure I'm clicking that PS3 filter in the menu.

Next week's #Rocksmith Remastered DLC is 2010s Mix Pack III featuring BRING ME THE HORIZON's "Can You Feel My Heart" plus two other singles from the 2010s

Next week's #Rocksmith Remastered DLC is 2010s Mix Pack III featuring BRING ME THE HORIZON's "Can You Feel My Heart" plus two other singles from the 2010s
There's some pretty decent music out there from the 2010s but all these packs have been pure garbage so far. Not holding my breath for either of the other 2 tracks being anything of note.

RfN3UN8.png

You're not an idiot, their policy for cross-gen DLC is the problem. I would wager most people here have been stung by it on here, I know I have.

There's some pretty decent music out there from the 2010s but all these packs have been pure garbage so far. Not holding my breath for either of the other 2 tracks being anything of note.

Yeah, what Stew said.

2010s Mix III - $7.99

* Bring Me The Horizon "Can You Feel My Heart"
* The Gaslight Anthem "45" - Eb Standard
* Passenger "Let Her Go" - Capo Required [Lead]

Next week's #Rocksmith Remastered DLC?

A *FOUR* pack from Chicago Blues Legend Muddy Waters! What do you hope to see included along with "Still A Fool"

If blues gets another pack then surely we're due more funk soon?

I'm holding my hand up as an ignoramus, I don't know any of Muddy Waters' songs. I'll head to Spotify and check him out.

Xyber

For features I wanted it took some thinking to actually come up with something I felt that 2014 didn't provide for me. But guitar profiles would be nice for someone like me who changes between 3 guitars depending on tuning and if the original is played with a strat. Now I usually go through with the calibration every time I change because they don't all work great with the same settings. Would be nice to have an easy to access menu where you can have some saved profiles to change between on the fly.

Top Bottom