• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakengard 3 |OT| This Silence Is Mine

chifanpoe

Did the standard version of the game (US copy) also come with DLC? I ordered in Dec and went back through my e-mail from Square and Digital River and don't have any codes.

I will have to e-mail their support if so.

koutoru

Did the standard version of the game (US copy) also come with DLC? I ordered in Dec and went back through my e-mail from Square and Digital River and don't have any codes.

Yup, according to the psn blog, even if you pre ordered the standard version before they announced the DLC, you still should of been locked in for the pre order bonuses.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...may-20th-for-ps3-collectors-edition-revealed/

Yup, according to the psn blog, even if you pre ordered the standard version before they announced the DLC, you still should of been locked in for the pre order bonuses.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...may-20th-for-ps3-collectors-edition-revealed/
Seriously, I just answered this not even 10 posts ago.

That was the initial statement but they ended up going back on it. Someone asked on a blog question and if I remember correctly, the way their system was set up with different variations of different tiers going out it was going to be too much (LOL Digital River COME ON) to apply the current incentives to previous orders, so the easiest thing to do would be to cancel and reorder, and depending on when you placed that order the system would pur you in for whatever tier(s) you qualified for.

So once again:

No. Only orders placed in February (when the preorder bonuses were announced) and after were eligible for the DLC. Anything prior to that, such as original preorders, were not.

I can't find where I saw that, but if you need more proof consider the facts that no one who placed orders before February has gotten any DLC (other than people who got the CE) and there have been others on here and a couple of other forums who remember it too.

koutoru

Seriously, I just answered this not even 10 posts ago.

That was the initial statement but they ended up going back on it. Someone asked on a blog question and if I remember correctly, the way their system was set up with different variations of different tiers going out it was going to be too much (LOL Digital River COME ON) to apply the current incentives to previous orders, so the easiest thing to do would be to cancel and reorder, and depending on when you placed that order the system would pur you in for whatever tier(s) you qualified for.

Yeah, I remember hearing about that but couldn't find the blog post, or anywhere else where SE said otherwise.

If that is the case, SE needs to make that clearer than they have.

DVCY201

Has there been any word about getting the Sister's DLC? I think we get One in the CE, but I haven't heard anything about the others.

Christhor

Snapped some photos of the trio:

Maybe I'm hyping myself up too much. But I really want to play.

Are you EU?

Woah, woah, woah. Did the EU version actually come with a cover for the game, even though it's just a download code?

This pleases me greatly.

Yeah, I remember hearing about that but couldn't find the blog post, or anywhere else where SE said otherwise.

If that is the case, SE needs to make that clearer than they have.
Yeah all I remember was it wasn't a blog like above, it was one of those blog posts where people were asking Squeenix people questions, kinda like when they were campaigning to get a EU CE, one of those question and answer blogs.

I mean there's no harm in emailing them still. I don't know if they'd get back to you though, in the other thread I think there were 2 people who sent emails asking the same question, because they had preordered before Feb also and last time I checked they never got any replies :/

But yeah I agree, they didn't put the info out there in a way that everyone was sure to see it and as excited as I am for this game I hate seeing people who were clueless about this.

Has there been any word about getting the Sister's DLC? I think we get One in the CE, but I haven't heard anything about the others.
Last I heard, Japan was getting ready to release all of them together in a single pack to download, so maybe they plan on doing the same here?

Regardless, whether they release them separately or in a pack, I'm pretty sure we should be seeing them sometime soon.

anddo0

When can we expect reviews from major sites?
I'm guessing they'll be later given the title.

I'm on the fence. If I liked Dragons Dogma and Neir.
Is this the game for me?

Wereroku

Edit: Well that was quick ignore me.

As a side note the CE is really nice quality but the soundtrack selection is kind of sad since it's only 7 songs. Also anyone want a track list?

Really should have pre-ordered because now I know I want this :/

Not sure if I'll order from amazon or get it from PSN. The latter doesn't charge tax but I like my cases. Suppose I'll see if gamestop gets any extra copies and go from there.
This is a little off topic but I have an extra CE that Digital river is sending me if anyone is interested send me a pm preference given to those who had a preorder and got screwed over. Notice though I did not get the JP voice DLC with this one since it was cancelled and they sent it anyway

As a side note the CE is really nice quality but the soundtrack selection is kind of sad since it's only 7 songs.
That's really nice of you, pat on the back!

This thread made me remember I had this pre ordered on Amazon, was going to cancel it earlier and wait on it, don't know if its worth getting, but the payments went through already, oh well.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Do you guys think this game will be rare? Debating picking up at launch or waiting.

I kinda want this but I kinda don't. The mediocre experience I had with Drakengard 1 along with my complete disappointment with 2 kinda makes me think I shouldn't bother. I got the soundtrack and it is incredible, but every time I think about buying this game I know I really shouldn't. Will be eagerly awaiting impressions that prove me wrong though!

Groof

Woah, woah, woah. Did the EU version actually come with a cover for the game, even though it's just a download code?

This pleases me greatly.
Yep it did! It just houses the OST sampler instead of a game disc. Overall I'm pleased with the box, the book seemed of fairly high quality as well.

kn1ves24

When can we expect reviews from major sites?
I'm guessing they'll be later given the title.

I'm on the fence. If I liked Dragons Dogma and Neir.
Is this the game for me?

I got my copy today and played through the first chapter. I can give you my thoughts on it so far. I haven't played the first 2 games but I've played neir and enjoyed it a lot.

fedexpeon

Banned
I kinda want this but I kinda don't. The mediocre experience I had with Drakengard 1 along with my complete disappointment with 2 kinda makes me think I shouldn't bother. I got the soundtrack and it is incredible, but every time I think about buying this game I know I really shouldn't. Will be eagerly awaiting impressions that prove me wrong though!

Your first impression is correct.
Game is like a 6, +1 if you are a fan of the series.
Story/characters are decent. The tone is just weird, it is like a parody of itself.
Gameplay is Dynasty Warrior-lite and pretty bad due to frame drops, and the drops are like in the 10-15 range. Can't really give you a hard number tbh, but boy, you will know when you are playing the game.
I am only on Ch 5 so far, but yeah, I wouldn't recommend buying it at full price right now.

100% cleared this back in January.

Story/characters are great. It's weird as fuck, goofy, and sincere all at the same time. No idea if the English localization will do the JP script justice (I have faith given their pedigree), but the dialogue in the JP version was great.

Ultimately your enjoyment of this game will depend on what you're looking to get out of it. It's not Nier, it's also different in many ways from the previous Drakengard games.

That being said, the package as a whole is not better than Nier, but it's significantly better than the first two games. Whether you put the narrative over the prior D games will be a matter of preference at the end of the day. I found the cast of D3 to be much more likable than anyone in the first two games, so I was much more attached to what happened to them.

DVCY201

Destructoid Review up: http://www.destructoid.com/review-drakengard-3-274631.phtml

Score:

It seems like fleshing out the battle system was a good decision. Judging by what there is, it gives you enough room to experiment and test out new ideas. I'm not expecting anything like DMC or Bayo, but it should stand on its own.

Well, I'm excited! Can't wait for my copy to arrive in the mail, I'll be eagerly checking everyday!

Christhor

Yep it did! It just houses the OST sampler instead of a game disc. Overall I'm pleased with the box, the book seemed of fairly high quality as well.

Sweet, I'm glad I got the European CE as well as the American one. I was wondering what I would do with it, if there was no box for it. Nice to hear about the book too.

That's a surprisingly high score! My estimate for this game's score was somewhere in the low-60s, but it's been getting some good scores so far.

d0c_zaius

had the game since friday rage spoilers:

last boss is totally unplayable for me. after collecting every goddamn weapon, doing some levels WAY early for my level and still overcoming, going through areas with the worst framerate I've seen (worse than blightdown) down to 0 visibility...just to get hit with this nonsense troll boss with intentionally horrible design.what a buzzkill. It's exactly the one thing I WOULD NOT WANT in my action game. I'd love to see peoples faces as they get one shot with no explanation as to whats going on, just to sit though a loading screen and then the minute long boss intro, just to have it happen again, and again. and when you finally get what you are supposed to do, good luck not messing up once while the game purposely throws shitty camera angles at you to mess with depth/timing judgement. and say you do get used to it, well I hope you don't mistime anything ONCE during the 7+ minutes cause thats back to a loading screen then boss into then possibility of getting one shot again.

I doubt most people will even get that far though, once they figure out they have to get every single weapon in the game to get access to the final branch, which has more gameplay and meaningful encounters than a quarter of the game. Unfortunately that requires you to do pretty much 95% of the in game content to get a remote idea of whats going on since the main story has little to no explanations.

yea I'm mad.

I found the game compelling enough to play it almost non stop since friday, and unfortunately that experience has since been soured somewhat.

edit: not really sure why I need to label a spoiler. it says what it is in the first two words

cj_iwakura

^Please tag what you're spoilering, at least mention how far into the game you are or something.

And someone shouldn't have to highlight a spoiler to see what you're discussing. A simple 'after first boss' or something.

Also, there's mild spoilers in the Destructoid review.

d0c_zaius

^Please tag what you're spoilering, at least mention how far into the game you are or something.

And someone shouldn't have to highlight a spoiler to see what you're discussing. A simple 'after first boss' or something.

I disagree and its happening on this page lol (review scores are spoilers now?).

some people freak out over any context when it comes to spoilers (especially in a game like this). if you highlight it, you can get the context within the first two words and decide if you want to continue reading or not. I'll continue to err on the side of caution.

Top Bottom