• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Concerning the cost of re-rolling gear, in the PTS versions it was always free to roll as many times as you wanted/needed to, here the amount to re-roll in credits is maxed out at about 200K for High-ends and 340K for Gear Set pieces so that has at least become much more palpable than what it used to be. I'm not sure what PxC goes to for weapon talent re-rolls as with the ones I have done so far I have gotten the talent I wanted on the first roll which was 114 PxC.

You'll also be getting a lot of Credits and PxC back from re-rolling past gear because of the re-sets to gear due to changes made. I started with 200M credits and 2600 PxC, not bad considering when I last played the live 1.5 version a month ago I had 150M Credits and 50 PxC.

Edit: So, yeah, I was wrong as I think this is at least one step forward concerning the update.

Gonna try and tackle the new Stolen Signal Incursion tonight/tomorrow ahead of settling in for the supposed masterpiece of a classic Nintendo experience, Zelda: BotW.

Man, I used to think that Survival was the go-to loot source. Not anymore, that title has fallen to Last Stand. I played about 2 hours worth of matches and I got about 19 caches total and heck, I didn't even play that well.

Last Stand is slowly building up my confidence to go back into the DZ. Looking forward to trying Legendary mode and Stolen Signal probably tomorrow.

Holy moly.

Installed 1.6/LS, opened my only weekly cache I had kept... Barret's vest LUL

I'm glad I only played Lex like a few dozen times. I know of ppl who played much more than that and got no luck.

Last Stand is ok. Btw, a hint: MP7 MELTS in LS if you get a decent roll. I got one with Vicious, Destructive and that other talent that gives you 5% CHC. I'm standing at 51,5% CHC total. 😛

What's a good solo build now?

I'm using tactician with nimble and reckless

I guess it depends on the activity but really my group and solo builds are probably one and the same in the 1.6 iteration. All High-end, Striker's, Reclaimer, and D3-FNC is really all I'm remotely interested in. Of those, Reclaimer and D3-FNC are probably best suited for solo play with some creativity added to the mix.

With what they've done to the Toughness/Armor system in combination with other changes (nerfs to payer talents - On the Move, etc, skill cooldown timers and more) I just don't see playing solo that viable anymore.

I'm sure there will be ways to spec for it and players will eventually solo Legendary missions, etc (if they haven;t already) but I can't imagine it being a very fun or engaging gameplay experience.

D3-FNC got nerfed hard, shield melts in seconds during incursions and legendary missions.

Well then, I guess solo play is down to Tactician and hiding around the corner/behind cover while spamming seeker mines.

Edit: Thanks goodness Operation Last Stand is over so I don't have that annoying waypoint in the Hub anymore. That was definitely a one-and-done experience as I won't ever repeat that "mission" again. That is really the game mode they decided to make unnecessary global changes for? Yikes. That has to be the most boring and generic feeling competitive multiplayer mode I've played in some time. The entire health system in that mode is beyond dreadful and the actual combat feels incredibly weak. If that's the experience they were going for with "normalization" then I have even less confidence than before, well, I guess Red Storm was mostly behind it.

GazzaGSi

http://www.pcgamer.com/no-microtransactions-for-the-division-says-ubi-confusion-follows/

Also I didn't get any good reclaimer pieces from 1.5 so I have to form them now.

Nimble holster is definitely good for solo play.

Nimble is good if your playstyle is going to entail going from cover-to-cover a lot.

Both the chest and holster slots offer a decent amount of talents (Rapid, Robust, and Vigorous for chest pieces and Nimble, Recovered, Steadfast, and Sturdy for holsters) for increasing/recovering armor/toughness with High-end gear.

With Nimble I'd be concerned with not being able to take advantage of the talent enough to make it more useful than say Sturdy especially if you were combining Sturdy with Robust but I guess that really comes down to playstyle. I rarely use the automated cover-to-cover mechanic.

After running the Daily Challenging mission and running into a nasty bug where the Health Station will not deploy with the Reclaimer set in combination with being frozen in place for what seems like 2-3 seconds after using First Aid followed up by experiencing the disaster that is the Last Stand game mode (multiplayer just feels awful in this game from a gunplay standpoint, I have no idea how anyone can possibly enjoy it but opinions and all that) just to get rid of the stupid waypoint in the Hub I'm way put off on this game at the moment. I was going to run the Incursion but I can't muster the desire to deal with the detrimental bugs.

At least I got the Legendary missions out of the way. Speaking of which, while getting 3 exotic rewards per week is nice and all from those missions, the missions themselves need something to mix it up a bit with rotating modifiers or whatnot as doing the same thing weekly is going to become super monotonous very quickly.

Edit: Considering the Legendary missions are supposedly the most difficult content in the game all they could do for vanity rewards for completing said missions is completely uninspired and in case of the pants incredibly ugly to boot.

The Legendary missions aren't so difficult that only a couple builds or skills are useful but you should have multiple Reclaimers in a group for, well, optimal gameplay that each mission offers.

I did all three on 1.6 release night with three different groups all with multiple Reclaimers, zero Smart Covers, and no mics.

There are even areas that allow for spreading out or going about encounters in groups of two instead of staying completely grouped up the entire time (Times Square offers this the most).

There is really only one wave of enemies across the three missions that feels 100% like the 1.3 iteration of the game.

While the game has gone back in the 1.3 direction there is a lot of forced movement due to the tactics of the AI.

Long-story short, Reclaimers are the constant that allows for other builds to comprise a group.

I'd rate the Legendary missions in the following order of most difficult to easiest...

1. Napalm (Tip: During the Assault, group in twos and cover the left and right of the area where the initial wave/snipers were located allowing you to work to the center with cover from each side as needed but also helping to avoid flanks from mostly Shotgunners.)
2. Times Square (Tip: After the initial wave go down onto the subway tracks as a group and use the platform as cover against the Shotgunner wave and the rest of the encounter.)
3. WarrenGate (Tip: I got nothin' other than don't get within five feet of the enemy unless you want to be downed/dead.)

...for whatever reason WarrenGate felt much easier than the PTS version.

Guess I'm the odd guy out. I dig the patch and love Last Stand.

Different people/players are going to like different things/games.

I'm only speaking in terms of PvE as PvP in this game has never felt good to me from the most basic gunplay and overall gameplay standpoint (then again I've never been fond of TPS multiplayer so that probably has a lot to do with it).

Build diversity was about the first thing that Massive said in regards to 1.6 and I don't see where they have improved upon it as much as they believe they have or intended to do so. +Health and +Skill Power are still king and the only worthwhile options. I was only interested in all High-end, Striker's, and D3-FNC (I did enjoy other builds and experimenting much more than I will in 1.6) in 1.5 and with 1.6 I've basically replaced D3-FNC with the necessary Reclaimer.

In basic terms, they cut the player's Toughness, nerfed player talents, nerfed gear attributes, and increased skill cooldowns while making the enemy stronger/quicker/more tactical.

So... my gear is apparently shit again, enemies take a loooong ass time to be killed.

What is a good choice (gear) for LS?

Edit

Is Last Stand nearly unplayable for anyone else? I just gave up. The lag is absolutely intolerable, it makes killing players almost impossible (at least to me). Players getting teleported, bullets disappearing, getting shot through walls... and the bugs... like not being able to give up when you get downed or not being able to activate the base...

Also, had this happen to me just now, had to close the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na_3o5WxFi8

Not much in the way of the SotG this week other than info that they'll be on the stream for the 1 Year Anniversary next Wednesday (not much info pertaining to what but they did seem to hint around at something whether in game or not I have no idea).

They don't have enough info/data to whether things are working as intended or are broken concerning the 1.6 update.

Oh, and Avatar is being worked by an entirely different team which has zero imapct on the future of The Division, no surprise there.

Just finished the initial story, level 29 and a half.

Playing this game in 4k on PS4 Pro is beautiful, jaggies have been eliminated, its amazing and pushed me to dedicate my gaming life to it once I finish Horizon.

Playing random activities earlier tonight while doing the Weekly Assignment it became quite evident that Striker's is still the most fun I have in this game from a moment-to-moment gameplay experience. I was trying to incorporate a Nimble holster and the Tactical Advance and Evasive Action player talents which all sounds great together but I'm still not sure it is practical to take advantage of/execute it during actual gameplay.

Ended up getting another Barret's chest from the Weekly Assignment Cache.

The DZ also feels a bit different and honestly the only loot I was going for was Supply Drops as I just have fun with the open nature of it and going around killing mobs/bosses while trying out builds.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dark Zone loot is pretty worthless, IMO. Even the shop is worthless. It gives you normal credits for things you found in the Dark Zone. Not Dark Zone credits. :/

At least the slightly faster leveling and barely any rogues is nice.

”The short answer is no, we don't have microtransactions, period" – Magnus Jansen, creative director, The Division, Jan 2016

Yeah right buddy.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/03/fo...es-have-a-lot-of-expensive-microtransactions/

But now a year on from release, there's a dedicated section of the map for buying multiple vanity items and the prices aren't cheap. With all announced DLC now out and accounted for, it seems Ubisoft has trampled all over that promise of no microtransactions.

While charging for optional vanity items will cater to a need, it's the high price of skins that feels like a final screw you to the loyal players that have supported a game that, let's face it, has had a rocky life since day one and pretty much every month since then.

I checked the prices and went nuts... paying something like 5 or 10 dollars for a fucking emote is outrageous. These guys are out of their damned minds.

ghostwich

I checked the prices and went nuts... paying something like 5 or 10 dollars for a fucking emote is outrageous. These guys are out of their damned minds.

Supply and demand.

People will buy it, so it's offered. That's why we have the insanity of "deluxe" editions going for almost $100 as a pre-order.

Dark Zone loot is pretty worthless, IMO. Even the shop is worthless. It gives you normal credits for things you found in the Dark Zone. Not Dark Zone credits. :/

At least the slightly faster leveling and barely any rogues is nice.

Not sure what you mean there as it's the same loot you get from other activities as well.

The idea of not losing any DZ XP or Funds upon death really changes the feeling of the DZ overall and in combination with a dedicated PvP mode the DZ will be less populated thus giving me another PvE option to mix things up a bit more, if I'm engaged in PvP every now and again so be it.

Maybe it's nothing but I swear the NPCs are easier to kill in the DZ compared to other game modes.

I love using Striker with First Aid/Overdose and Sticky Bomb/Flashbang (although the newly implemented delay is another awful change) as an all-around fun and balanced build with the Skills/Skill Power complementing and enhancing the gameplay rather than dominating it. That's all I've ever wanted from this game with advantages for both in and out of cover gameplay.

I'm in for the three Legendary missions per week, the Weekly Assignment, and some roaming of the DZ but that's about it for the time being.

Now back to Zelda: BotW which is a pure joy to play so far.

Prices are terrible and nothing looks all that great anyways. In the PTS there was a hat/helmet hybrid thing that looked like it was made for the Reclaimer set but it is nowhere to be found now.

Maybe it's nothing but I swear the NPCs are easier to kill in the DZ compared to other game modes.

DZ mobs are not scaled to number of players in your group, they have always been like that.

Prices are terrible and nothing looks all that great anyways. In the PTS there was a hat/helmet hybrid thing that looked like it was made for the Reclaimer set but it is nowhere to be found now.

They will rotate gear set cosmetics each week. This week is alpha bridge.

Frankly, the cosmetics look really bland and ugly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not sure what you mean there as it's the same loot you get from other activities as well.

Right. So why go through the hassle of extracting when I can play Survival or Last Stand or Underground for the same loot? Why scrounge up Dark Zone credits for random crate openings? It's more "grind" for the sake of grind with nothing to really show for it. I get the Dark Zone was the place to be at launch and so it's fallen by the way-side, but they need to look at all the stores they have (Underground, Dark Zone, Light Zone...) and merge them together and drop Dark Zone credits and underground credits/etc. if they're all going to be the same.

Right. So why go through the hassle of extracting when I can play Survival or Last Stand or Underground for the same loot? Why scrounge up Dark Zone credits for random crate openings? It's more "grind" for the sake of grind with nothing to really show for it. I get the Dark Zone was the place to be at launch and so it's fallen by the way-side, but they need to look at all the stores they have (Underground, Dark Zone, Light Zone...) and merge them together and drop Dark Zone credits and underground credits/etc. if they're all going to be the same.

I didn't have any trouble extracting a few times in DZ 5-6 yesterday. If an area is heavily populated with players you may have trouble but across two platforms I've never had much trouble getting loot out. Just be as smart and strategical as you can before calling in an extraction. If you plan on doing a lot of extracting then by all means at least matchmake into a group.

I'm not a big fan of the DZ but the whole extraction and risk/reward factor of it is what the lure is supposed to be to the game mode/experience.

jbortz78

Gonna log on and try some 1.6 for the first time (thxs to Horizon) and would like some tips for what to spec now for pve since D3 is nerfed bad...

Will mostly doing content with my friend and he's trying reclaimer.

Should I go striker 4p + something or alpha or a tact build.... Or any other tips for what works now?

Gonna log on and try some 1.6 for the first time (thxs to Horizon) and would like some tips for what to spec now for pve since D3 is nerfed bad...

Will mostly doing content with my friend and he's trying reclaimer.

Should I go striker 4p + something or alpha or a tact build.... Or any other tips for what works now?

Most gear sets are still good. The biggest change imo is thay Stamina has been nerfed so it makes more sense to stack Firearms or Electronics and roll +health as a majot stat. Stam above 5k just isn't worth it. Alpha and Striker are still great. Tacticians with the proper build that can heal through an ungodly amount of of damage too. Reclaimers is also a great healing set.

fr0st

Banned
Skulls gloves build is also good.

You can just use a gear set piece if you don't have a high end with great stats and talents.

There goes my build. Lol
Can't wait to get back to gaming and downloading LS and other games that came out recently.

An Electronics D3-FNC build still seems viable.

DZ mobs are not scaled to number of players in your group, they have always been like that.

I'm simply referring to TTK against Elite NPCs in the DZ vs Elite NPCs in other PvE modes (whether solo or up to 4 player co-op) as it felt like I was taking them down faster in the DZ with the same gear setup. I know the DZ mobs aren't random or scale differently based on solo/group play or whatever as I've spent time in there before although there does seem to have been some changes as I saw red bar 34s at The Pit with Veterans and Elites (if this is always how it's been then I don't remember it). I'm guessing with the added DZ areas they restructured the makeup of the mobs a bit.

Leyasu

Banned
Lol got to the extraction, only to be faced by someone pretty much unkillable that constantly reheals and can see around corners.

Cheap as fuck.

Top Bottom