• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My research into Metroid Prime’s gargantuan cut content.

Wow, I didn't realise so many people missed this thread first time round - I posted it a year ago!

If you liked it, click on the links in the OP to look at the Metroid Prime 2/3/other content - there's a lot of stuff in there!

MrT-Tar

I read this thread last year, but I just want to say that this is actually the best thread on gaf.

yes, even better than the FFXIII multiplat or 'Betrayonetta' ones

Keep up the good work

Toa TAK

Banned
Holy God, this is a beautiful thread. All of this unused content. Mother Brain, Kraid, and the Flying Insect would've been awesome to see in the game. I could see why some of it was cut though, as some of it is unnecessary.

And man, that is some rough UI they had there at the start.

The Hermit

I read some interview of the original director of Prime how he always though that his games were garbage and that they all had a lot of wasted potential.

I understand him now.

EDIT: lol I knew I read a similar thread before, but though it was a new. its 15/4/12

Ein Bear

I hope you guys are happy. By bumping this thread, you've made me have to do a full Metroid Prime Trilogy playthrough.

ChaosXVI

I remember seeing this thread linked on the Metroid Database around this time last year, its actually what drew me to NeoGAF and I've been scanning through this place ever since...

I truly hope that Retro still has the talent to put out a new Metroid, I hate pandering/excessive fan service (see Other M's bosses), but...I do want to see Retro create a 3D Kraid battle, very badly...Along with a few of these other concepts.

DaBoss

I read this thread before I became a member and man was it good. Thank you for posting this. Metroid Prime and 2 are part of my GOAT list.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I hope you guys are happy. By bumping this thread, you've made me have to do a full Metroid Prime Trilogy playthrough.

iuPGsZmRpNA6o.jpg

katkombat

Banned
Wow, the timing! I just fixed the mIOS on my wii so I can play retail disks again (instead of installing them) and started this game up! Awesome so far. (I played to phendrana drifts (is that the name) back when I was like ten, then beat the final boss on my brothers profile haha) it really is a phenomenal game like everyone says.

MysticX

Wow, the timing! I just fixed the mIOS on my wii so I can play retail disks again (instead of installing them) and started this game up! Awesome so far. (I played to phendrana drifts (is that the name) back when I was like ten, then beat the final boss on my brothers profile haha) it really is a phenomenal game like everyone says.

if you got a beefy PC, then try it there with full hd glory and all, and get a 360 usb joystick! you won´t regret it!

javac

I read this thread extensively when it was posted and loved every second of it. So thanks for bumping this thread so I would remember to thank you Mama Robo! Love your threads including your Legacy of kain threads!

JJD

That's a Japanese Sakamoto project. You would have to get past Satan himself to uncover an NCL project.

Awww...I just want an old school 2D or 3D hybrid Metroid...

Just bought a 3DS, make me happy Nintendo!!! I'll gladly buy a WiiU for any Metroid game.

ScRYeD

Wow, I didn't realise so many people missed this thread first time round - I posted it a year ago!

If you liked it, click on the links in the OP to look at the Metroid Prime 2/3/other content - there's a lot of stuff in there!
You should right a book about the Metroid series and try get it published by nintendo.

Very cool to see this thread pop up again. It reminded me of a piece of concept art in one of the game's galleries that I've wondered about.

GM8E01-68.png

In the bottom right corner here, we have what appears to be Samus using her arm cannon as a drill, her boosters spewing massive jets behind her. I can't make out all of the labels, but the one on the jets looks like "Samus using Boosting to" and the dust kicked up by her left hand is just "Dust." The shape that dust is making seems to imply that she's moving backward despite the force of those jets; is she fighting against something? Anyway, the arm cannon drill concept sounds interesting, I wonder if that's really what this is and whether it'll ever appear in a future game.

VARIA

The things I miss the most that were omitted are Mother Brain & Kraid.

Having them in Metroid Prime would've elevated the game past Super Metroid in my eyes.

Top Bottom