• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS3 kiosks.. a Decoy!

Wollan

I didn't see it posted elsewhere so here you have it.

The 'PS3' behind the actual glass is a fake or decoy of you will. A mere shell.
Here's where the real PS3 is located and well ventilated apparently.

Some blurry pictures by Adent @ IGN.

ps3kiosk4.jpg

ps3kiosk3.jpg

ps3kiosk2.jpg

loosus

Banned
I thought this topic was gonna be something about how the PlayStation 3 kiosk is just a decoy to get you to get to Best Buy to play the Wii.

adg1034

Wario64 said:
So are you saying the kiosk is pre-rendered?

Yes. Actually, I was going to make a bad Killzone 2 E3 2005 joke, but I couldn't think of the right way to phrase it. Just for me, though, imagine I had.

Petrarca

Banned
and this is a surprise because ?!?

The demo kiosk suppose to run 12 hours straight every day, for the next several months. And with the shortage, the stores don't have luxuries for spares.

*sighs* sometimes people are so desperate for dirty laundry, they're making big deal of little shit like this

Kangu

Banned
Petrarca said:

The demo kiosk suppose to run 12 hours straight every day, for the next several months. And with the shortage, the stores don't have luxuries for spares.

*sighs* sometimes people are so desperate for dirty laundry, they're making big deal of little shit like this

It's just interesting. Jesus, not everything is about your console wars.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Petrarca said:

What???

You mean it's normal for kiosks to display a decoy console in clear view, but have a real console hidden in the kiosk itself?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
What's the point here? Should I be mad at Sony?!?!?! I'm so confused!

gbovo

Petrarca said:

We're not making a big deal of this. I actually think it's pretty clever cause it helps prevent theft, and if the PS3 ever crashes or lock up, at least the customers won't have to see the store employees taking it out of the glass case to reboot it.

DarienA

I Am Error said:
Yes you should be furiously angry at them, they have peed on your rug.

F*ckers! We just had our cleaning service here today too!!!!! Time to find a rolled up piece of newspaper!

Petrarca

Banned
Wario64 said:
What???

You mean it's normal for kiosks to display a decoy console in clear view, but have a real console hidden in the kiosk itself?

I don't know what normal, I don't bump into games kiosk all the time.

But it's called common sense, you have a new machine that's suppose to run 12 hours straight and replacements are scarce, so what do you do? of course you take care of the goddamn machine

bmf said:
The end result is that a PS3 in a kiosk will appear to be cool to the touch and silent. The reality of the situation may be different.

Well if PS3 overheats and blows up when you take it home, only a matter of time before Sony is forced to deal with reality

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Petrarca said:
I don't know what normal, I don't bump into games kiosk all the time.

But it's called common sense, you have a new machine that's suppose to run 12 hours straight and replacements are scarce, so what do you do? of course you take care of the goddamn machine

Still doesn't explain why there's a decoy.

vantastic

bmf said:
The end result is that a PS3 in a kiosk will appear to be cool to the touch and silent. The reality of the situation may be different.
yup, that's why there are so many reports of the ps3 being silent.

newsguy said:
Haha just what I was thinking. I want to see one NOW.

Well it seems like tomorrow I'm going to make my rounds around Miami to see if any store has it up, I'll let you know if there are any. (Plus its a great excuse to play the Wii again :D )

DarienA

Flynn said:
It's to throw off David Niven when he sneaks into the Wal-Mart after dark to steal the precious console.

OMG you did not just pull out a Pink Panther reference! Man I miss those Peter Sellers gems.

newsguy

MiamiWesker said:
Well it seems like tomorrow I'm going to make my rounds around Miami to see if any store has it up, I'll let you know if there are any. (Plus its a great excuse to play the Wii again :D )

Sweet, my local stores don't have it for sure (I was out looking for GoW all day).

methane47

vantastic said:
yup, that's why there are so many reports of the ps3 being silent.

Dont forget the Ps3's ehem "Warm sensation" as well
:D

But seriuosly.. Why is this news at all? The PS3 will still be in there... exactly the same thing... Just people wont be able to touch it with the greasy fingers.... My precious!!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
methane47 said:
Dont forget the Ps3's ehem "Warm sensation" as well
:D

But seriuosly.. Why is this news at all? The PS3 will still be in there... exactly the same thing... Just people wont be able to touch it with the greasy fingers.... My precious!!

This is news because it's not normal for kiosks to have decoys

DarienA

Wario64 said:
This is news because it's not normal for kiosks to have decoys

It's also normal for kiosks to overheat often, and if this is some attempt to get past that... more power to them.

Top Bottom