• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just had a terrible experience with GameStop

I could tell the OP has either never worked retail or at least never worked a cash register. You're often constrained by what the computer allows you to do (especially so at Gamestop which has a pretty archaic system), and off the books stuff, even if a net positive for the company, is not looked well upon because things need to add up and money needs to be accounted for. At least you understand that now OP.

In the US at least, it can also mean "carry".

I know that now yeah, which is where my initial anger came from, apparently the system didn't care for the past two days that it isn't the 26th yet.

You could post this on gamestop's fb page or twitter. I feel like if they were smart they'd help you out in exchange for some good pr if you have a visible disability.

That would be an idea but honestly I don't want to get a free-pass on this deal because I'm disabled, that's why I said I would get up early and wait in the line as everyone else and see if I can get it. I would feel a bit scumbaggy if I did that. It's just the "Bring the PS4 to the store early in the morning part" that troubles me and since tomorrow is a regular working day for everyone I don't want to ask family or friends to take a day off for something that might not even be guaranteed to work out. I myself have more liberties as I'm still a student.

dragos495

i had a similiar thing happening to me, but at game.uk.

went into the store with my ps4 and 5 games to get 50% off a brand new pro (at launch).

after spending the entire day resetting my ps4 (dont ever do a full clean, it takes HOURS), cleaning it, finding the games etc went in 30 min before closing time.

during the check up, the guy finds my left trigger on the dualshock a bit wobbly and not working everytime. he did that by entering a message and activating/deactivating caps lock. i laughed it off, blaming this on destiny and the ~3000h i put in it. he didnt find that amusing.

he said that because of that wonky trigger he couldnt do the deal. i wasnt happy and actually bought a new ds4 and gave it to him instead of my old one...

but after all that i left home with my brand new ps4 pro.

the end.

jrDev

OP has NEVER worked retail LOL. Gamestop is a corporation and corporations have rules to protect themselves and their employees. Dumb reason to be mad at Gamestop.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I understand your situation and that sucks but as someone who has worked retail, I can tell you he could absolutely not sell you the PS4 pro for €99 on the good faith that you will return with your trade-ins later.

You'd think they'd have a better system in place than 'turn up dragging your console and games with you, and maybe we'll sell you a new console'. Especially if they're promoting it.

How about if you bring your PS4 in, and if they don't have any stock of pros, they put your name down and let you know when one comes in for you?

You'd think they'd have a better system in place than 'turn up dragging your console and games with you, and maybe we'll sell you a new console'. Especially if they're promoting it.

How about if you bring your PS4 in, and if they don't have any stock of pros, they put your name down and let you know when one comes in for you?

Really wish that was how they would have handled the Switch trade in deal. They started the $75 extra promotion when Switch preorders were already virtually impossible to find. I would have liked to be able to still trade in my system for the credit at the time of the promotion and just have the extra credit applied when one became available.

emag

GameStop has been running a similar promotion in the US for some time. Bring in your Wii U/PS4/XBO/3DSand $100-$150 to upgrade to a Switch. Like the promo in the OP, it's first-come, first-serve, and only valid when the Switch is in stock. As with the OP, no preorders/pre-trades are available, and more than a few people have asked.

went into the store with my ps4 and 5 games to get 50% off a brand new pro (at launch).

after spending the entire day resetting my ps4 (dont ever do a full clean, it takes HOURS), cleaning it, finding the games etc went in 30 min before closing time.

during the check up, the guy finds my left trigger on the dualshock a bit wobbly and not working everytime. he did that by entering a message and activating/deactivating caps lock. i laughed it off, blaming this on destiny and the ~3000h i put in it. he didnt find that amusing.

he said that because of that wonky trigger he couldnt do the deal. i wasnt happy and actually bought a new ds4 and gave it to him instead of my old one...

the end.

I'm sorry for your problems :/ While I do think he wasn't entirely in the wrong I don't think the caps-lock system is a good way to test the trigger as sometimes turn caps-lock on and off system can lag a bit behind, he should have atleast tested it with a game.

That would actually be ideal and fair I think. Also because honestly I know you are not supposed to initialize your system before bringing it in so they can test it but I will atleast delete and deactivate everything but maybe my Japanese PSN account which should be enough for them to test. And it's a pain to do it beforehand if you aren't sure they will take it and if they don't you have to redo everything.

Their Twitter said they will have a new shipment by next week so I will check the stores again tomorrow and see if I can maybe have one reserved for that shipment. I honestly don't care if I would only get a Pro in June or whenever aslong as I could take advantage of the deal.

I could tell the OP has either never worked retail or at least never worked a cash register. You're often constrained by what the computer allows you to do (especially so at Gamestop which has a pretty archaic system), and off the books stuff, even if a net positive for the company, is not looked well upon because things need to add up and money needs to be accounted for. At least you understand that now OP.

In the US at least, it can also mean "carry".

American here. HURL is not a synonym for carry. To hurl something means that you've thrown it.

Filben

Similar experience, but Sony's the only to blame. Talked with four different stores in three different towns. No more contingent from Sony. Would have worked like that: pay upfront, come back when PS4 Pro got delivered to them, leave your PS4 there. Talked with a GameStop guy if someone else could bring the money because I have an one hour drive ahead and won't be coming just to pay and leave. He was alright with that, I called my buddy and re-called the guy 20min later. Then he said the deal's off since Sony put out a statement to all GameStop stores (Germany, here) to take no more reservations. GameStop employees are pretty pissed at Sony since they get all the heat from everyone, but apparently Sony's the one who cut the contingent.

Another store wouldn't let me pay by a third party. Another one wanted to take the money AND the old PS4 upfront an "call" when the PS4 Pro is there. Oh, and one store wasn't picking up the phone. Busy tone or no one's answering. I guess thing's got pretty hot today.

So, conclusion: PS4 Pros aren't in stock unless you're lucky. No more reservations unless you're very lucky. One day before it even starts.

Epic fail, Sony, epic fail

th4tguy

OP, I understand your predicament. While I don't think the solutions you purposed are doable by Gamestop, I'm still a little surprised there isn't any solution they could come up with. For example, come in to the store in the morning and claim your ps4pro to be held in the back until you can come back in with your trades a bit later. I can't see a why a manager wouldn't do that for you.

Yeah, this would definitely be a limit of the store's system and promotion terms.

Except... it is unreasonable. The honor system is idiotic.

If OP never came back they'd have his money and a PS4 Pro they could still sell. Not really an honor system type thing if OP left with nothing. That said their system isn't set up for it and no employee is going to go out of their way to do that for a rando, thems the breaks.

Similar experience, but Sony's the only to blame. Talked with four different stores in three different towns. No more contingent from Sony. Would have worked like that: pay upfront, come back when PS4 Pro got delivered to them, leave your PS4 there. Talked with a GameStop guy if someone else could bring the money because I have an one hour drive ahead and won't be coming just to pay and leave. He was alright with that, I called my buddy and re-called the guy 20min later. Then he said the deal's off since Sony put out a statement to all GameStop stores (Germany, here) to take no more reservations. GameStop employees are pretty pissed at Sony since they get all the heat from everyone, but apparently Sony's the one who cut the contingent.

Another store wouldn't let me pay by a third party. Another one wanted to take the money AND the old PS4 upfront an "call" when the PS4 Pro is there. Oh, and one store wasn't picking up the phone. Busy tone or no one's answering. I guess thing's got pretty hot today.

So, conclusion: PS4 Pros aren't in stock unless you're lucky. No more reservations unless you're very lucky. One day before it even starts.

Well great, just great. So basically GameStop screwed the customers over by allowing the deal two days early and Sony in turn screws GameStop over and we customers are the ones that can fight over the stock.

OP, I understand your predicament. While I don't think the solutions you purposed are doable by Gamestop, I'm still a little surprised there isn't any solution they could come up with. For example, come in to the store in the morning and claim your ps4pro to be held in the back until you can come back in with your trades a bit later. I can't see a why a manager wouldn't do that for you.

That's something I would have been perfectly happy with, or even if they said: "We can do that but only with a June or July shipment" I wouldn't have cared but yeah oh well apparently it's over now anyway.

Ennosuke

The latest news is, that Sony is going to increase the amount of PS4 pro consoles. Gamestop is now also saying on their site, that the deal is still open, but it could be that you have to wait for your PS4 pro.

Filben

I don't know if I recall it correctly (since I was on my bicycle on my way through the city), but I think he also said that they don't know if there will be another contigent later this month and in May.

If that's the case, just giving it a try every now and then could help. I won't give up since it's a simple phone call. Maybe it's not all over.

If anyone else have more or different information, feel free to share.

EDIT.
The latest news is, that Sony is going to increase the amount of PS4 pro consoles. Gamestop is now also saying on their side, that the deal is still open, but it could be that you have to wait for your PS4 pro.
Why, thanks for letting us! Seems I understood the guy at the phone correctly.

I don't know if I recall it correctly (since I was on my bicycle on my way through the city), but I think he also said that they don't know if there will be another contigent later this month and in May.

If that's the case, just giving it a try every now and then could help. I won't give up since it's a simple phone call. Maybe it's not all over.

If anyone else have more or different information, feel free to share.

EDIT.

Why, thanks for letting us now. Seems I understood the guy at the phone correctly.

That's good news, I will check the three stores in my immediate area tomorrow afternoon and see what they say! :)

I honestly don't know what you expect him to do.

It was a first come first serve basis like he told you. The way you wanted to do it isn't a first come first serve basis. It was stand in a queue, preorder it and then bring your PS4 in. It doesn't work that way. If it was pre order then he would have let you do it today.

Yes it is sad about your disability. But as harsh as this sounds, it doesn't entitle you to get special treatment than everybody else in the line.

Or they just order it like a regular company

Filben

Following game will NOT be accepted:

- Battleborn
- Evolve
- Fifa 14, 15
- NBA Live 14, 15
- NBA 2K14, 15
- PES 15, 16

Reservation for an 'non-committal' fee (whatever that means) of 30,- EUR is possible and will be cleared upon final buy when the Pro arrives.

And, a personal info: one GameStop put us (me and two friends) on a pre-reservation list (lol). As soon as they accept another reservations they call the people on that list, if they are still interested and want to reserve. If that happens, another buddy will bring 90 bucks for us three to get us on the final list.

At least this one store is actually doing what it cans.

I honestly don't know what you expect him to do.

It was a first come first serve basis like he told you. The way you wanted to do it isn't a first come first serve basis. It was stand in a queue, preorder it and then bring your PS4 in. It doesn't work that way. If it was pre order then he would have let you do it today.

Yes it is sad about your disability. But as harsh as this sounds, it doesn't entitle you to get special treatment than everybody else in the line.

That's exactly why I said I would have put myself in the line and wait for my turn like everybody else. It's just that I don't have the physical ability to carry my PS4 with me like everyone else in the line. But I get it now so it's alright.

To go back to the topic of the promotion I managed to reach one store by phone and they said they can't do pre-reservations. I'll drive to another now and see what they say.

So it's already been pointed out why you were kind of being unreasonable but I'll throw in one more tidbit for you. How is the employee supposed to know your ps4 was in full working condition?(let alone that you would have even brought it in, as been pointed out). They do have to test the console and all that for what it's worth. Also keep in mind trade transactions are final once completed so if he had to alter the trade in anyway it would be a big issue(you can post void the transaction but it's still an issue)

Next time just ask them if they can set aside the console for you. I work at gamestop and considering your situation, I would have held one aside for you, but in no way would I have done the promo without the system

Even further you could have probably put a hold request online through gamestop.com if anything.

Seems like every good deal or limited preorder nowadays. It's pure luck to get one because stock is very limited.

Looking forward to my pre-ordered Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Special Bundle which I will most likely never get because of "the system", "limited availability" or just "sorry, but our shitty Saturn market is not as big as the one in Berlin and they get more stock, we only got 1 item for 20 pre-orders" ... lol

So it's already been pointed out why you were kind of being unreasonable but I'll throw in one more tidbit for you. How is the employee supposed to know your ps4 was in full working condition?(let alone that you would have even brought it in, as been pointed out). They do have to test the console and all that for what it's worth. Also keep in mind trade transactions are final once completed so if he had to alter the trade in anyway it would be a big issue(you can post void the transaction but it's still an issue)

Next time just ask them if they can set aside the console for you. I work at gamestop and considering your situation, I would have held one aside for you, but in no way would I have done the promo without the system

Even further you could have probably put a hold request online through gamestop.com if anything.

As I mentioned before this is indeed a part I didn't think through with my PS4's condition but reading the rest of your post made me wonder if I maybe wrote my OP incredibly misunderstanding because that's all I wanted.

All I wanted initially is to show up in the morning and have them hold a system for me if there are still some available so I can arrange someone helping me carry my PS4. As an extra assurance I show up I wanted to leave the 99€ with them already. I didn't want them to initiate the transaction or anything of that sort. Now before anyone calls me out again I understand now that this was still unreasonable because it carries a risk for the employees I didn't think about and realized beforehand.

Could you possibly put the PS4 on the floor of your car and cover it with a blanket or something? Then walk into the store and ask if they have any Pros, and if they do let them know you'll be right back and you're just going to get your PS4 from your car. That way you don't have to hold it and wait in line not knowing if they have any systems.

I would hope in this particular situation they would set one aside for you for the minute and a half it would take you to go to your car and come back. It would also help if they answered the phones so you knew if you even needed to show up.

Doc_Drop

the end.
30 minutes before closing? god damn,as a former Game employee I'd be seething haha

helium121

Banned
I've worked for GameStop and you can override the systems to manipulate the trade values. What the employee should've done was call their DM to explain that a physically impaired person wants guarantees that they can get a system if they bring in their system. There are hardships that they have to deal with that other people will never experience and exceptions should be made for them.

I guarantee their DM would give them approval to accept the trade at the higher value and put the money on a gift card and then hold the system the following day for purchase.

Zakalwe

Banned
I think they could definitely had made an exception and held one for you considering your circumstances, but the rest seems like usual restrictions that retail employees are forced to adhere to.

cyba89

Sony is not to blame for Gamestop not giving the individual stores clear orders resulting in the complete Pro contingent for the three week promotion being completely sold out or reserved the morning of Day1. So most people who waited til the regular start of the promotion never had a chance to actually get one.

Most stores did excactly that but reservations have been closed because they don't know how many PS4s they will get.

Or they just order it like a regular company

Most stores already took reservation for often 50+ people. Gamestop already orders as much as Sony will deliver to them.

Two Words

I worked at GameStop for quite a while. There is nothing the guy could have done. The best thing he could have done was hold on to your money and save you a PS4, but no employee wants to just hold onto a customer's loose money for hours. He has no idea when you will be back or claim that you gave him more, etc.

cyba89

I stopped doing any sort of trade-ins to GameStop years ago, it's always just a terrible terrible value for you.

Getting a new PS4 Pro for 99€ + trading in your old PS4 that maybe has around 150€ resale value at this point is not really bad value at all.

Otherwise I agree.

Filben

Sony is not to blame for Gamestop not giving the individual stores clear orders resulting in the complete Pro contingent for the three week promotion being completely sold out or reserved the morning of Day1. So most people who waited til the regular start of the promotion never had a chance to actually get one.
Way too low contingent nevertheless, no matter when you start (unless you start before those consoles are even produced, of course). Or to put it more positively: response was way higher than expected.

Magazine rack time

Regardless at who's at fault this is always the solution.

Not so funny fact: I did once knock over a rack in a store, this was not on purpose though, I tripped and tumbled into it :p

Could you possibly put the PS4 on the floor of your car and cover it with a blanket or something? Then walk into the store and ask if they have any Pros, and if they do let them know you'll be right back and you're just going to get your PS4 from your car. That way you don't have to hold it and wait in line not knowing if they have any systems.

I would hope in this particular situation they would set one aside for you for the minute and a half it would take you to go to your car and come back. It would also help if they answered the phones so you knew if you even needed to show up.

Honestly if I had my own car I wouldn't even have the problem and likely already have a PS4 Pro. While I do think I would be able to steer a modified car I'm afraid to attempt a license for medical-insurance reasons. They tried to screw me over once already and I fought them off but I fear when I take the medical-examination to see if I can drive a car they would see it as a chance to try again.

I've worked for GameStop and you can override the systems to manipulate the trade values. What the employee should've done was call their DM to explain that a physically impaired person wants guarantees that they can get a system if they bring in their system. There are hardships that they have to deal with that other people will never experience and exceptions should be made for them.

I guarantee their DM would give them approval to accept the trade at the higher value and put the money on a gift card and then hold the system the following day for purchase.

That's interesting, what do you mean with higher -trade-in value? And I really appreciate the compassion some posts bring towards me :) As said before I don't want to get any free-passes just because I'm disabled but the reality of things is also that I'm not as capable in daily life as a regular person.

This is exactly the main thing I'm upset about. I can understand and don't mind if a store breaks the street-date on a new product but to completely ignore the rules of ones own promotion is a receipt for disaster as it's been evident.

If the promotion would have went as widely advertised and I would have went to my GameStop's today them telling me "We sold out this morning already!" I wouldn't even be upset and just a bit miffed at worst.

I stopped doing any sort of trade-ins to GameStop years ago, it's always just a terrible terrible value for you.

While I generally avoid GameStop too I have to say as far as trade-in's go I always made good experiences value-wise. I bought the original Nintendo DS at full price on launch-day and since then I went through the entire DS family: DS Lite --> DSi --> 3DS --> New 3DS and I think I never paid more than 60€ for a unit thanks to the trade-in promotions.

I worked at GameStop for quite a while. There is nothing the guy could have done. The best thing he could have done was hold on to your money and save you a PS4, but no employee wants to just hold onto a customer's loose money for hours. He has no idea when you will be back or claim that you gave him more, etc.

Yeah that makes sense.

Way too low contingent nevertheless, no matter when you start (unless you start before those consoles are even produced, of course). Or to put it more positively: response was way higher than expected.

Honestly today I've been told by a store-manager that this whole thing was an idea of Sony to hold people off from ordering a Scorpio. If that is indeed that case I would have done the whole thing differently. I would have allowed pre-orders for 2-3 days for this promotion, then see how many units GameStop can allocate and adjust production and allocation of units Europe-wide so everyone who pre-ordered in the set 2-3 days would have been guaranteed to get one.

To set the promotion for three weeks and then forgoing any rules and regulations at all turned the whole thing into GameStopUnknown's Battlegrounds with no clear rules besides: "If you're lucky you get one!" :p

As it stands I visited two stores today and was put on a list on both of them, albeit without paying money. The lists I'm on are only for people to be called when they know if they have more units available. I was able to talk to the store-manager of the second store though and he said, while he can't make me any guarantee's he said should I be called I should explain my situation again and they will be then atleast willing to extend the "set-aside" time for me for 1-2 extra hours which I found very nice and was grateful for.

The whole "pay 30€ and you get one" lasted for a whole 20 minutes from 10am to 10:20am :/

When I worked at GS 15 or so years ago we didn't answer the phone because we were literally being badgered by 12 year olds constantly about various games. It was never ending.

Heaven forbid someone should ring a games shop to discuss video games.

Let alone a 12 year old. Shame on their parents for allowing them access to a telephone.

This world is teh d00m3d

Filben

Honestly today I've been told by a store-manager that this whole thing was an idea of Sony to hold people off from ordering a Scorpio.
Was also my personal theory. PS4 Pro sales are somewhat low and Sony's got a little market analysis of how many are interested if they get it cheaper.

No sane or non-enthusiastical mind would ditch his working PS4 and pay 400 bucks (minus 100-150 for the old one if sold) for double GPU power on selected games. For 100 + two shit games worth 20 bucks each, however, it's a pretty good exchange.

Maybe Sony's dropping the price to 350 (with game included; subtract that and a sold used console and you pay like 200 bucks, not far off from 100 + 2 games) before the Scorpio gets released.

Iorv3th

I know that now yeah, which is where my initial anger came from, apparently the system didn't care for the past two days that it isn't the 26th yet.

They will sometimes start a promotion early if their district manager or area manager told them to do so. That way they aren't missing out on sales and having people wait until that day. It happens.

Liamc723

And what if the person who got the higher trade-in value then didn't come back the next day?

I don't believe a word of this post.

Was also my personal theory. PS4 Pro sales are somewhat low and Sony's got a little market analysis of how many are interested if they get it cheaper.

No sane or non-enthusiastical mind would ditch his working PS4 and pay 400 bucks (minus 100-150 for the old one if sold) for double GPU power on selected games. For 100 + two shit games worth 20 bucks each, however, it's a pretty good exchange.

Maybe Sony's dropping the price to 350 (with game included; subtract that and a sold used console and you pay like 200 bucks, not far off from 100 + 2 games) before the Scorpio gets released.

That's exactly why I am interested in the deal because I'm also in the market for a new HDD and the 1tb upgrade for 40€ more than a new HDD is too good to pass up.

They will sometimes start a promotion early if their district manager or area manager told them to do so. That way they aren't missing out on sales and having people wait until that day. It happens.

Sure I get that but there's a difference on allowing a promotion early to not lose a sale and effectively selling out nation-wide before the promotion even started.

OP did you try 2FA? I hear that works 100% of the time.

Wrong thread, inside joke? o.o

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I am surprised at how many people in here think that what the OP was asking to do is unreasonable.

It might be a unique request but it is far from unreasonable.
This was a perfect opportunity for this Gamestop store to deliver exceptional customer service and they didn't take advantage of it.

Firstly there is a customer with a visible disability. This should signal that the employees of the store might have to do some extra work to accommodate the needs of this customer.
Second this customer offers to leave the full amount of money required for the transaction and leave the store without anything in return... other than the understanding from the store that the customer will be back with the remaining required piece to complete the transaction. Which is a physical item that the customer can not transport easily.

All the store would have to do to accommodate this customer is to put the console aside until the customer returned. They didn't even need the money. The fact that the customer is willing to just hand over money to purchase some kindness and understanding shows how he is used to his disability being treated as a nuisance.
It's normal to hold items of customers. Many stores nowadays will even let you place items on hold through their website.

Hey OP I'm sorry you weren't shown the kindness that you deserve. Don't convince yourself you are wrong for hoping someone would be willing to help you

I am surprised at how many people in here think that what the OP was asking to do is unreasonable.

This was a perfect opportunity for this Gamestop store to deliver exceptional customer service and they didn't take advantage of it.

Firstly there is a customer with a visible disability. This should signal that the employees of the store might have to do some extra work to accommodate the needs of this customer.
Second this customer offers to leave the full amount of money required for the transaction and leave the store without anything in return... other than the understanding from the store that the customer will be back with the remaining required piece to complete the transaction. Which is a physical item that the customer can not transport easily.

All the store would have to do to accommodate this customer is to put the console aside until the customer returned. They didn't even need the money. The fact that the customer is willing to just hand over money to purchase some kindness and understanding shows how he is used to his disability being treated as a nuisance.
It's normal to hold items of customers. Many stores nowadays will even let you place items on hold through their website.

Hey OP I'm sorry you weren't shown the kindness that you deserve. Don't convince yourself you are wrong for hoping someone would be willing to help you

Thank you very much for the kind words and post, I really appreciate it! :) I certainly didn't start to think that my request for help was wrong although I did realize there were some risks involved on GameStop's side of things. I did try to make it as painless as possible for them though.

Sai-kun

Banned

speaking as a former employee, we literally were not allowed to do this, so your whole scenario falls apart at that

wbEMX

So, if anyone is planning to trade in his PS4 for the Pro, be quick, as GameStop Germany now shortened the time of the deal by two weeks to April 30th due to too much demand. So you only have tomorrow and the 29th to order a Pro, after that it's done.
This is such a collossal failure. I cannot even comprehend how much of a debacle this has been. And I'm extra angry now, because I planned to upgrade to the Pro in mid-May shortly before the deal ends, BECAUSE I GET MY FUCKING MONEY AROUND THAT TIME.

FUCK

Filben

Screw that, me and my buddies paid the employee 10 bucks to put us on a first-to-be-called list when reservations are open again.

Better get that call before 30th April.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Can see why Gamestop wouldn't be able to help, but the OP's request wasn't unreasonable either. OP, are you in a country with a CEX? You could trade in your PS4 and a couple of games there for a PS4 Pro, it would cost more than 99 euro but should still be reasonable.

Spot on.

Screw that, me and my buddies paid the employee 10 bucks to put us on a first-to-be-called list when reservations are open again.

Better get that call before 30th April.

!!

Does that 10 bucks qualify as a discount off any eventual sale, or just to be put on the call list? If it's the latter, that sounds like a total racket!

EDIT: Reading it again, it actually sounds more like you bribed him, LOL.

helium121

Banned
And what if the person who got the higher trade-in value then didn't come back the next day?

I don't believe a word of this post.

I honestly don't care if you believe me or not. I worked there for 7 years of hell. I was a training manager so I trained all of the new managers in our district.

Not every customer is trying to rip you off. That is a lesson you have to learn if you want to be a manager in retail. The ultimate goal is to build a client base so people want to continue to shop at your store.

If the person doesn't show up the next day, you call them since you have their information from the trade. You inform them that you can't hold the system forever and that you need to know when they are coming in and if they don't come in on that day then you can't guarantee the system for them. All they have is store credit. You already have their original PS4 so it's not really a big deal. They will have to use that credit at one of your stores anyways.

To be honest, GameStop would probably rather have them spend it on something other than a system since there is hardly any margin in system sales.

That's interesting, what do you mean with higher -trade-in value? And I really appreciate the compassion some posts bring towards me :) As said before I don't want to get any free-passes just because I'm disabled but the reality of things is also that I'm not as capable in daily life as a regular person.

GameStop doesn't discount the cost of the system when you do these special trade in promos, they bump up the trade values. The employee can override these values if necessary. So when you bring your PS4 in, they would just override the trade value to the higher value for the promo.

Top Bottom