• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XB1 Digital titles: Is there any way to download base game without updates/patches?

My HDD space is limited, I mainly play offline single player games and because of that I normally keep my console in offline mode. I'm currently thinking about redownloading Halo 5 solely for the campaign but I have no desire to also download the 50gb worth of updates. Is there any way to bypass that with digital titles?

Bickle2

Digital version is whatever the current patch is, you don’t have to download original updates, so whatever number you see in the stores what you get

Syriel

My HDD space is limited, I mainly play offline single player games and because of that I normally keep my console in offline mode. I'm currently thinking about redownloading Halo 5 solely for the campaign but I have no desire to also download the 50gb worth of updates. Is there any way to bypass that with digital titles?

No, you always get the latest version when you download.

But you may be interested in this thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432511

Mattyp

Gold Member
Can't you just uncheck the "download 4k assets" in settings?

The 4K assets will only download on a Xbox One X, Halo 5 does come with considerable update size files (might be 50gb?) already due to the much expanded and probably best Halo multiplayer now since launch.

If I was op I would go grab a cheap 2nd hand copy for $10 bucks.

Top Bottom