• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Regular Show Thread of "It's Anything But"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit, I missed it.

This show was such a huge surprised for me. Never thought it would be as awesome as it was just looking at promos, but one day I left the tv on when they were spoofing The Evil Dead and I was hooked since.

I will miss you, Regular Show. You are so damn good.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What a beautiful ending! 😭😭😭

I'll miss this show, but I'm happy with how it ended.

Damn, it's the end of an era. Regular Show, along with Adventure Time, pretty much defined modern Cartoon Network int terms of the humor and style of its programming. All things said, it's doubtful we'll ever see a show like this again. It's definitely one of a kind.

bluehat9

So I missed a lot of episodes, but Mordecai
still ends up alone in the end even after there were so many episodes about his love life? Nice beard though, lol

Ogodei

So I missed a lot of episodes, but Mordecai
still ends up alone in the end even after there were so many episodes about his love life? Nice beard though, lol

He seemed to
meet that purple hedgehog-ish girl? Was pretty random, but i guess realistic. You don't always marry the one you meet in your 20s.

Dat ending ;_;
that's not rare, we can find our true loves at any age
why do we have to get old bros, except for skips lol

Damn, my post from 20fucking11 is on the first page 0_o
Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee

TheOGB

Banned
I taped Saturday's episodes and the finale eps today and watched them all together. What a fantastic finish.

- The format wars stuff always kills me (haha, this was one of my earliest posts here), they're the source of some of the best meta humor in the series. I knew exactly where they were going with The Seer and it still cracked me up. Also holy shit, I cannot believe they got away with the Blu Ray stuff in the party episode.
4tCIK.gif

- I didn't expect most of that to hit me as hard as it did, considering how hard and purposefully they were leaning into cliches, but that was part of the DNA of the show. They always do it so blatantly and playfully and that's one of the things I loved and will miss about it. This entire last season has been like a greatest hits for the show--IN SPACE--and it's really nice that the crew were able to end on their strengths.
- Ahhhhh
Mitch's kid when they got back. Instant waterworks. The montage was great, I felt so happy for everyone.

Literally the end of an era. You will be missed, Regular Show.

Ross61

That was such a great ending I'm gonna ignore how everyone came alive again after they were erased by Anti-Pops. (Unless Anti-Pops dying means everything he erased is brought back to life)

I adore this show and need to find any easy way to consume it. It's basically impossible, I watched and loved it when it was on netflix but there's really no way to watch it without cable. Love it hope they come out with a full boxed set. I can dream, right?

RockmanBN

I adore this show and need to find any easy way to consume it. It's basically impossible, I watched and loved it when it was on netflix but there's really no way to watch it without cable. Love it hope they come out with a full boxed set. I can dream, right?

In Hulu it has every episode from season 1 to the 14th episode of season 7. Maybe they were hinting at a Blu-ray set of the show?

Caught the Saturday episodes first (thanks CN scheduling..), then last night's shows. The Seer telling Eileen she thought Eileen should have had a bigger role made me laugh.

For the finale: That was a great way to go out, especially
the loop back to the first episode "The Power"
, though I would have liked to have seen
CJ and Thomas appear in the homecoming/timeskip montage

Also, when
Bowie started playing
it hit me hard.

Maybe they were hinting at a Blu-ray set of the show?

I sure hope so.

IronRinn

Caught the Saturday episodes first (thanks CN scheduling..), then last night's shows. The Seer telling Eileen she thought Eileen should have had a bigger role made me laugh.
I really like how they took basically all the criticism they had received and had Yvette Nicole Brown recite it back while voicing a Matrix spoof.

They really did nail the ending.

vypek

I really like how they took basically all the criticism they had received and had Yvette Nicole Brown recite it back while voicing a Matrix spoof.

They really did nail the ending.

Yeah. And it echoed what some people said here as well when they lost interest with the whole love triangle thing. Surprised at some of the stuff that they said helped them out

Hated how CN basically burned this off (Sunday, 12PM episodes? Really?) but that was an immensely satisfying finale to a show that stayed strong its entire run. I will miss you, Regular Show; you were pretty close to my favorite thing.

doop_

Banned
Was really surprised about how "real" the ending montage was. Mordecai's hit me really hard, happy he found love in the end with a person who was not CJ or Margaret.

LupusWarrior

Neo Member
thought this thread was dead. Glad lots of people came out for the finale.

This is how you end a show. I was flooded with so many different emotions. I am so thankful to the creators for all the laughs they gave me over the years. They have to release a full blu ray set now, they just have to. I am going to re-watch the final scenes multiple times to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I only have one question...
Who was that one girl at Pop's surprise party?
Anyone recall?

vypek

thought this thread was dead. Glad lots of people came out for the finale.

This is how you end a show. I was flooded with so many different emotions. I am so thankful to the creators for all the laughs they gave me over the years. They have to release a full blu ray set now, they just have to. I am going to re-watch the final scenes multiple times to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I only have one question...
Who was that one girl at Pop's surprise party?
Anyone recall?

Regarding your spoiler I'll have to look at the episode again later cause I can't recall seeing anyone extra there.

Clydefrog

Just saw the finale. Man, that was great. Jolly good show omg :)

I haven't teared up like that while watching a cartoon since some old Simpsons eps.

Blues1990

The one thing that I liked about the ending timeskip, is that it shows two stark contrasts with how you may/may not be with that love one that you've meet in your early 20's. I liked that Mordecai didn't hook back up with either Cloudy J or Margaret during the timeskip, and his future wife was that bat-like girl he meets at that art gallery. It was also cute to see Rigby starting a family with Eileen, and they happily stayed together since.

And, given that this show had showcased a lot of old technology from the 1980's, it's weird to see Mordecai's kids messing around on their cellphones.

AniHawk

really fantastic song. the making of it is great too. tony visconti had a 3-mic system set up so that it would only pick his voice up at different volumes (each mic was set up a certain distance away from another). when bowie started listening to the playback, he started trying more to hit the third mic. it's more evident in the full version of the song how it ramps up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3SjCzA71eM

and the whole album is great.

UncleMeat

Finally caught up and watched the finale. Great ending to a great show! We better get that damn bluray set.

RIP Pops :(

So just to be clear, everything Anti-Pops erases is restored once he dies?

Seems like it.

And I agree, that BD box needs to actually be a thing. We only ever got seasons 1&2 in a single set years ago, so it would be nice to have all of it with extras. Commentary would be so good.

Odoul

They really pushed the innuendo right up to the end with Blu-Ray Woman. Damn.

I they're the source of some of the best meta humor in the series. I knew exactly where they were going with The Seer and it still cracked me up. Also holy shit, I cannot believe they got away with the Blu Ray stuff in the party episode.
4tCIK.gif

Well damn...

That final joke of Blu-Ray pushing a tv out
mjgrin.png

DonMigs85

Anyone excited for Close Enough? It has pretty much exactly the same artstyle and a fairly similar premise to RS, a real spiritual successor if there ever was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom