• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

Got my new slim yesterday. Had an Xbox 360 since launch, but GameStop was doing a great deal for original Xbox 360 for trade-in, so I bit the bullet on a slim. Bought the 4GB model, and a 320GB HDD for $299, paid $60. Not bad really.

The disc drive is supposed to make a more abrupt clicking noise when reading discs compared to the original, right? Not worried, just curious. Also, the console's cute noises caught me off guard as a nice touch, and I am shocked at how small this thing is. A huge improvement in design. Lastly, I can't hear the thing if a disc isn't spinning. Have I really been missing out on this much silence all this time?

So...um...is this, like, ever going to drop in price. I still have a 60GB Elite...and it's pretty much the loudest thing I own. The noise of the drive is getting to the point where it's actually interfering with my enjoyment of games.

But as annoying as my 360 is, I just can't pay $300 for a new Xbox this late this gen. At this point, I might as well just wait until the Xbox 720 and hope it has backwards compatibility.

If I could find a good deal on a slim I would get one...but the price just doesn't budge.

So...um...is this, like, ever going to drop in price. I still have a 60GB Elite...and it's pretty much the loudest thing I own. The noise of the drive is getting to the point where it's actually interfering with my enjoyment of games.

But as annoying as my 360 is, I just can't pay $300 for a new Xbox this late this gen. At this point, I might as well just wait until the Xbox 720 and hope it has backwards compatibility.

If I could find a good deal on a slim I would get one...but the price just doesn't budge.

They have constantly been on sale since last November. Check Amazon once a week and buy next time they have a deal.
edit-
Here you go, $50 off right now

Sorry for the necro, but this seemed the most appropriate place.

Was exiting AC:Revelations and going back to the dashboard when my 360 Slim rebooted. It got past the X logo but then during the spinny icon just prior to the dashboard showing I hear a click from the right side of the case (where the HDD is) and it reboots again, over and over, same behavior. Removing the HDD and I'm able to boot just fine -- so it's likely a failed HDD.

Anything that I can do about it other than just fork over some more money to buy another? Anyone else seen this?

(Thank goodness for cloud saves -- this'll be the second HDD I've lost (the first due to theft), but at least this time I get to keep my saves.)

Edit: Just another note -- I'm not getting E68 error nor any red light.

Top Bottom