• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

deoee

Finally got the Phase Shift execution.

GrimInferiorCardinal.gif

Not mine but haha:

https://gfycat.com/DemandingHappygoluckyKoalabear

Unicorn

I swear to god, nothing feels as bad as whiffing on a pilot melee

Or clearly slamming melee a full second before and they still melee you first. I just need to get better.

Played this game on and off all day. Holy shit is it fun. I have no friends to play with though, so this will probably end up like Rocket League where I dump a ton of hours into it alone and never get any better than the first initial "ah-ha!" moment of skill growth.

Definitely true. People I think also get trained to kill humans and focus on that because they dont want to be caught with their pants down

it feels better in attrition

I'm guilty of this too, I usually only focus the minions if my team mates aren't. I never finish with a poor score but if I have a group of team mates that I know are going to go for the grunts and whatnot, then I just focus on killing pilots and clearing a path for my allies.

Doesn't always work solo though, sometimes I forget I'm not with a team that have any sort of strategy and therefore I end up getting a fair number of pilot kills but as my team also aren't going for the grunts and what have you, none of us end up with any score. I usually shift playstyle when I notice this, but sometimes it can be too late. Things snowball quickly if you let a significant number of the enemy team get Titan's out before yours.

Just aim it better. The range is good now.

Oh c'mon a single clip doesn't show anything. I'm sure we have all had plenty of melee attacks that have worked as intended, but I've also had many that do not. I remember I had an instance where I was literally standing on a guys head and trying to melee him, and it whiffed two or three times when I was looking down, directly at him (odd situation, just occurred as I jumped and he decided to sit down in the corner of a room).

There are also plenty of instances where the range seems far too far, especially vertically. I've been meleed by a guy on the ground when I'm 8 foot in the air, it feels weird and janky. I don't want it removed I just want it to work more consistently.

Vipu

Banned
Yeah im not sure about melee if it was better or worse before when you had to aim it 100% accurately.

This autoaim system we have now is fine when you about aim right but sometimes its just like you have 5 meter long hands when you punch someone in the air and he is not even in your screen.

Greddleok

Started playing Tone this weekend and I'm already higher in the number of titan kills and pilot kills than the other titans I've used.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Bored, starts to use Tone. Even more bored now.

I only like her for goosing pilots, really. In LTS she is such a bore but you see Tones, Tones everywhere.

I've been having a lot of fun with Ronin lately even though I havent even regen with him, thinking about using Ion for a bit. I don't think I've given Ion a fair shot

Legion will continue to collect dust

KodaRuss

I just had a nasty Coliseum win agaisnt a Gen 7. 3-0. Two wins I had perfect placement of a grenades before they came back out of a phase shift. Just gross.

Oh c'mon a single clip doesn't show anything. I'm sure we have all had plenty of melee attacks that have worked as intended, but I've also had many that do not. I remember I had an instance where I was literally standing on a guys head and trying to melee him, and it whiffed two or three times when I was looking down, directly at him (odd situation, just occurred as I jumped and he decided to sit down in the corner of a room).

There are also plenty of instances where the range seems far too far, especially vertically. I've been meleed by a guy on the ground when I'm 8 foot in the air, it feels weird and janky. I don't want it removed I just want it to work more consistently.

True, yeah. I've been more surprised by instances that worked in this game. In Titanfall 1, it was at least more consistent.

Menthuss

Just aim it better. The range is good now.

lol

I've had melee attacks whiff when an enemy was right in front of me and I've had them auto-aim so hard that it made me do a hard 90 degree turn to hit an enemy that wasn't even on my screen.

TF2's melee cannot be called good under any circumstance. It's easily the most inconsistent melee system in any game I've ever played (and probably also the most frustrating one).

Tomeru

I just can't fathom why no more people play this game. I'm gen2 and I'm still having a blast. This game is a gem.

I do feel, however, that I can't wallrun as good as I did first? I don't know why' but I switch through several weapons all the time (it's fine), but it makes play differently every single time. I think I'm broken...

And I can't seem to slide jump properly (am on ps4)... Halp.

KodaRuss

Got over 100k damage and 9 kills with Northstar in LTS. But we lost. I think that is the first time I have broken 100k since the switch to best of 5. I really wish we would switch back to 7 though.

Sorry guys, I asked a question a short while back about how Regeneration works. I've got the button there right now but I just wanted to check...

As I unlocked 90% of my guns the normal way (i.e. not buying with coins), when I inevitably lose them after I regenerate and I buy them back, will they be the same level?

TF2's melee cannot be called good under any circumstance. It's easily the most inconsistent melee system in any game I've ever played (and probably also the most frustrating one).

But it's probably the most fun. I'll forgive a little game physics liberties if it allows me to launch off a grapple hook and flying kick someone in mid-air. I don't really care for executions though, at least the length of them.

KodaRuss

Sorry guys, I asked a question a short while back about how Regeneration works. I've got the button there right now but I just wanted to check...

As I unlocked 90% of my guns the normal way (i.e. not buying with coins), when I inevitably lose them after I regenerate and I buy them back, will they be the same level?

But it's probably the most fun. I'll forgive a little game physics liberties if it allows me to launch off a grapple hook and flying kick someone in mid-air. I don't really care for executions though, at least the length of them.

Yes. Your attachments, camos and level will still be there. One thing that kinda sucks is all your loadouts get reset.

Yes. Your attachments, camos and level will still be there. One thing that kinda sucks is all your loadouts get reset.

It does seem like a weirdly inconsistent mechanic but I know I'm gonna have to do it eventually as they've designed that button to be annoying as possible.

KodaRuss

It does seem like a weirdly inconsistent mechanic but I know I'm gonna have to do it eventually as they've designed that button to be annoying as possible.

I dont mind it other than the loadouts changing. Maybe if they would at least keep the names of them if you rename them.

Arttemis

Got over 100k damage and 9 kills with Northstar in LTS. But we lost. I think that is the first time I have broken 100k since the switch to best of 5. I really wish we would switch back to 7 though.
That's crazy, I just broke 100k with Ronin this morning for the first time and still lost. 6 kills, I think.
Second highest damage overall was ~65k, two in the 50s, everyone else was 30s and under.

KodaRuss

That's crazy, I just broke 100k with Ronin this morning for the first time and still lost. 6 kills, I think.
Second highest damage overall was ~65k, two in the 50s, everyone else was 30s and under.

The last match I had an Ion flanked. Hit my flight core. He turned around and laser cored me in the air and I died... not sure why I even use flight core sometimes.

100k with Ronin is pretty impressive. Usually I cant stay alive long enough to do that much damage.

Arttemis

The last match I had an Ion flanked. Hit my flight core. He turned around and laser cored me in the air and I died... not sure why I even use flight core sometimes.

100k with Ronin is pretty impressive. Usually I cant stay alive long enough to do that much damage.
Flight Core is a waste. The only time I think it's somewhat useful is if I'm already up in the air and there's a nearby enemy - but, it's not like it's even useful at that point; it's still shit. Absolute shit of a core ability.

Give Northstar the shield as a defensive ability and Salvo Core while in flight, and then give Tone Northstar's tether and something new for her core.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
TitanGAF's Bounty Hunt Montage

Vimeo because of copyrighted music =(

Nice work man! You didn't need to use my clip (looks so bad compared to the rest), but thanks ^^;

Do you think it'd be cheeky to include some montages in the next OT? Knowing fellow GAFfers are having a blast and pulling off crazy/hilarious stunts could sway some folks who are on the fence.

Also, are you still working on a Northstar montage?
If so, I have an idea for music (making a track myself...won't spoil it on here, but PM if interested).

J.G.

Neo Member
Does anyone have any advice on how to get more executions? I've my eye on the phase execution, and I've tried to use stuff like the sonar knife and map hacks to find people, but I'm honestly garbage with these loadouts

Arttemis

Does anyone have any advice on how to get more executions? I've my eye on the phase execution, and I've tried to use stuff like the sonar knife and map hacks to find people, but I'm honestly garbage with these loadouts
Using close quarters weapons means you're naturally going in close for kills. The CAR, EPG-1, etc got me used to rushing in, and then I racked up executions.

Also, don't forget to check out post 2 in this thread regarding how you can get a free execution via the dew site!

J.G.

Neo Member
Using close quarters weapons means you're naturally going in close for kills. The CAR, EPG-1, etc got me used to rushing in, and then I racked up executions.

Also, don't forget to check out post 2 in this thread regarding how you can get a free execution via the dew site!

Thanks for pointing these out!

Arttemis

Thanks for pointing these out!
I'd also want to stress learning to flank. Don't just engage, follow teammates and let them engage other players, then find a way to slip out of sight and flank those enemies. Learning to be mobile is essential in this game, and hip firing is great with most weapons, so don't fall into the trap of thinking you should aim down the sights in every gunfight. Learn to hip fire while running and jumping. That requires you to unlock the gun runner add-on to the weapon, which allows hip firing while sprinting (I hate playing without it). Shouldn't take too long to get, though.

Also, cloak might be up your alley for getting behind distracted players. Ultimately, the loadouts don't seem to make much difference in finding opportunities for executions, the play style does. Be fast, don't stop, and you're bound to run into enemies shooting at your teammates.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should probably just get rid of happy hour and reward 5 for your first game played every day. Tired of changing networks just because I forgot or fell asleep

J.G.

Neo Member
I'd also want to stress learning to flank. Don't just engage, follow teammates and let them engage other players, then find a way to slip out of sight and flank those enemies. Learning to be mobile is essential in this game, and hip firing is great with most weapons, so don't fall into the trap of thinking you should aim down the sights in every gunfight. Learn to hip fire while running and jumping. That requires you to unlock the gun runner add-on to the weapon, which allows hip firing while sprinting (I hate playing without it). Shouldn't take too long to get, though.

Also, cloak might be up your alley for getting behind distracted players. Ultimately, the loadouts don't seem to make much difference in finding opportunities for executions, the play style does. Be fast, don't stop, and you're bound to run into enemies shooting at your teammates.

I get that; I'm already 1000+ with the Alternator. I was just hoping there was some loadout that would have me running into people easier (preferably from the back)

Greddleok

I'd also want to stress learning to flank.

I'm so bad at this. I try it all the time, and just end up dead because I run into someone I wasn't expecting. Or I do it too well and spend the first 2 minutes of the match running around looking for something to shoot.

Top Bottom