• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG | News and Updates 2017 - Back to the basics

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is half price. It's one of the best games ever made.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I have no idea how GOG releases Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (which is incredible) and then follows up with Undertale the day after. It's like they're actually... listening?

Tizoc

Shardlight pre-order is up too :D gonna grab it from their official website though, wanna support them XP

ShadowOwl

Stardew Valley is in the top selling spot on GOG. cool.
Actually it's been like this for quite some time now. Stardew Valley came out of nowhere for most people and went through the roof - and dev ConcernedApe is absolutely deserving this.

By the way: Stardew Valley has been sold over 100000 times at this point. Incredible.

Persona7

Banned
Actually it's been like this for quite some time now. Stardew Valley came out of nowhere for most people and went through the roof - and dev ConcernedApe is absolutely deserving this.

By the way: Stardew Valley has been sold over 100000 times at this point. Incredible.

Yeah, I am really glad to see this game doing so well. I noticed that it was in the top spot on steam too.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
New sale is now up, focused on Activision titles, you know from before they became sell outs :V
http://www.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_activision_040316

I have Vampire the masq. on Steam, and atm planning on getting
Arcanum
Spycraft

Anything else worth getting?

Also a new PnC game went up on GOG, wonder if it is on HB too....

- The Impressions builder games (Caeser, Pharoah, Zeus) are all excellent, Zeus being my personal favorite
- Interstate '76 is a masterpiece, but getting it running properly is a pain in the dick
- Dark Reign is a great old school RTS
- The Sierra adventure games are all great, my personal favorite series being the Quest for Glory games
- Betrayal at Krondor is one of the best RPG's ever crafted. Wildly underappreciated gem.
- Arcanum is a solid RPG, highly recommended for fans of old school Fallout

Tizoc

- The Impressions builder games (Caeser, Pharoah, Zeus) are all excellent, Zeus being my personal favorite
- Interstate '76 is a masterpiece, but getting it running properly is a pain in the dick
- Dark Reign is a great old school RTS
- The Sierra adventure games are all great, my personal favorite series being the Quest for Glory games
- Betrayal at Krondor is one of the best RPG's ever crafted. Wildly underappreciated gem.
- Arcanum is a solid RPG, highly recommended for fans of old school Fallout

tHANKS, I already own some of the games beforehand, used to play Zeus on my cousin's PC A LOT ;P

draetenth

New sale is now up, focused on Activision titles, you know from before they became sell outs :V
http://www.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_activision_040316

I have Vampire the masq. on Steam, and atm planning on getting

FYI, this isn't the same game that is on Steam. Steam has VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE - BLOODLINES which is good. GOG's is VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE - REDEMPTION which I've seen people on GAF say isn't - though it seems to have decent reviews on GOG. I haven't had a chance to play it yet myself.

Red Hood

Banned
Damn it, I almost bought the Vampire game but then it turned out not to be Bloodlines, lol. I've been meaning to get that one for a while now.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea Vampire Redemption is a middling Diablo clone. It was notable for having a multiplayer DM mode before NWN, but other then that isn't very good.

ShadowOwl

Finally we're getting enhanced security mechanisms for our GOG accounts:
Two-Step Login & HTTPS Everywhere

An extra layer of protection for you and your account.
Today, we bring you two-step login: an optional extra layer of protection for your GOG.com account. In the coming weeks, we'll also be making all communication between you and GOG encrypted by default with HTTPS everywhere — both methods often requested on our wishlist, but also simply pretty smart to offer.

Two-Step Login
Two-step login is an extra layer of protection for your GOG.com account. Every once in a while, we'll ask you to verify your identity with a 4-character security code sent to your email. Simple stuff.
Two-step login is optional, but we really recommend it. It's designed to bug you only when we notice something unusual — like logging in from a new browser or location. By doing this, we make sure that there's no way to gain unauthorized access to your GOG.com account without both your GOG password and your email account. When used to its full potential with unique passwords for every account, two-step login can be virtually impenetrable.
To enable two-step login, simply head to your Login & Security settings, verify your email address, and enjoy the extra peace of mind. For more information, check out the FAQ.
Additionally, you can now end all of your active GOG.com sessions in one click — this includes every device or browser you ever logged in through. It's a handy feature if you've recently used a public computer, or if you simply want to be sure no device is still logged in to your account.

HTTPS everywhere
GOG Galaxy has already supported HTTPS everywhere for some time, and now we're beginning to roll it out globally. That means HTTPS support for every connection between you and GOG.com — all secured with industry-standard encryption. Every bit (and byte) of data that travels between you, us, and everyone on GOG.com will be encrypted, including the store, forum, chat, downloads and even all of GOG Galaxy. It truly is HTTPS everywhere.
https://www.gog.com/news/twostep_login_https_everywhere

Woorloog

Banned
Will GoG have some sort sale during (early) Spring, anyone know? I mean kind of general sale, not just some weekend.

draetenth

Will GoG have some sort sale during (early) Spring, anyone know? I mean kind of general sale, not just some weekend.

I want to say yes. IIRC they usually have the same big sales (spring, summer, winter) that Steam has and usually even have them start before Steam's sales.

I could be remembering wrong though.

gabbo

I want to say yes. IIRC they usually have the same big sales (spring, summer, winter) that Steam has and usually even have them start before Steam's sales.

I could be remembering wrong though.

You're correct, they have the same general sales timeframes

ShadowOwl

Another sale popped up!

Weekly Staff Picks: Git Gud

Up to 80% off Spelunky, Super Hexagon, Odallus: The Dark Call, and more!
We've all got a story to tell about a grandpa who, every time we failed in a supposedly important undertaking, would tell us to just man up and Git Gud. The luckiest among us still have our grandma around, so that she can heal our bruised ego with a hot batch of strudels after each Game Over. But for everyone else, getting better is our only option. So hit these smug hardcore games with everything you got, and let's see who'll have the last laugh! After all, going down is just practice for picking yourself back up.

Spelunky's triumphant run may have begun underground but since this sparkling indie gem hit the surface, there was no containing it. Randomly-generated levels, gazillions of treasures, fantastic monsters, and addictive platforming made this an unmissable classic.

Geometry can often be frustrating but Super Hexagon's fast, rhythmic gameplay proves that it can also be used to generate some pure, addictive fun. As long as your reflexes are up to the task, that is.

Granted, the name sounds a bit weird, but there's nothing weird about La-mulana's allure: it's all about the fine-tuned adventure/platforming, the vast levels, and the unforgiving challenges that await players inside this mystical temple.

Sometimes gaming can be hard, but you know what they say, son: no pain, no gain. So press continue and keep practicing until you Git Gud, in the awesome training grounds of Odallus: The Dark Call, TIS-100, or VVVVV, now that they are up to 80% off! The promo will last until March 18, 10:59 AM GMT.

Didn't even knew that GOG had Odallus in their catalog: https://www.gog.com/game/odallus_the_dark_call
Guess I'm going to pick this one up. Any thoughts?

boskee

I think it's worth noting that the main/lead engine programmer for The Witcher 3 has now been moved to work for GOG. Obviously they don't need such good programmers to improve their website, so I wonder what they have in the works.

Catshade

I think it's worth noting that the main/lead engine programmer for The Witcher 3 has now been moved to work for GOG. Obviously they don't need such good programmers to improve their website, so I wonder what they have in the works.

GOG Galaxy always needs more polish.

Red Hood

Banned
GOG Galaxy always needs more polish.

Well, I don't know, I suppose it comes down to where they're internationally based, but considering CDPR has grown so much, they probably have a lot of people from different nationalities as well.

lel

Top Bottom