• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline trailer Leaked?/Intentional? - Release Date: October 21.

Daemul

Given how much AAA titles cost this is so idiotic.

No way all of these can be successful in a month. The AAA industry baffles me sometimes.

The problem is no one wants to try and compete with COD. It seems as if they would rather face of against 10 other games as long as they avoid facing off one-on-one with COD. It's ridiculous.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Given how much AAA titles cost this is so idiotic.

No way all of these can be successful in a month. The AAA industry baffles me sometimes.
Next year better not just be March and October for major releases again. Things will get slaughtered.

Nokterian

And there it is..on the official channel. EA your pretty bad at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M56_O7a_aKQ

Now i will wait for the whole trailer if it will hit before E3.

All of this looks like single player to me. Multiplayer is definitely a BF4 rehash when looking at the beta, which is sad.

It's easy you know slap some new modes on it do a little different but to me it's indeed the same and i am very very skeptic about it.

Tookay

All of this looks like single player to me. Multiplayer is definitely a BF4 rehash when looking at the beta, which is sad.

Don't know how one can conclusively state this one way or another after watching a video of a dude playing by himself, without any objectives, missions, or players directing the flow of action.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
October, we meet again. Now with less Batman.

qiO.png

I guess I'm lucky. Only interested in Evolve on that list.

I've always been a fan of the cops and robbers concept, so hopefully Hardline is good. I'm totally down to pick it up if it is.

rdrr gnr

Don't know how one can conclusively state this one way or another after watching a video of a dude playing by himself, without any objectives, missions, or players directing the flow of action.
The player doing anything of those wouldn't change the fundamentals of the game. The aesthetic of MP is exactly the same, assets seem to have been reused, the level of destruction might be slightly improved but still seems behind a game released 4 years ago. Hardline is likely to be a better game than BF4, but so are most games in existence, it's just unlikely it'll be a new experience worthy of a spin-off name.

soultron

Banned
OK, there's no way these aren't intentional leaks now. If this many "real" leaks happened in such quick succession, it'd mean holding up an entire marketing/PR department as sacrificial lambs.

Tookay

The player doing anything of those wouldn't change the fundamentals of the game. The aesthetic of MP is exactly the same, assets seem to have been reused, the level of destruction might be slightly improved but still seems behind a game released 4 years ago. Hardline is likely to be a better game than BF4, but so are most games in existence, it's just unlikely it'll be a new experience worthy of a spin-off name.

I agree that the aesthetics are the same, but if the heist concept plays out completely differently than what we've seen in BF - which we don't know from the beta footage - then I'd say it is a new experience.

Sometimes you can write something off based on a beta... but sometimes you can't. You're citing primarily aesthetics/assets here as "fundamentals" but are sort of ignoring the elephant in the room when it comes to fundamentals, which are the objective modes.

I have a love of urban warfare. I've been on top of every major release featuring it, and some of my favorite titles last gen (Rainbow 6: Las Vegas, Army of Two, Ghost Recon) were as such. I love watching police procedurals on TV. I've loved Visceral's efforts so far, especially the Dead Space series. I'm a lifetime Battlefield fan, and a Los Angeles native.

This is everything I want. Give it to me nao. ;_;

And now I realize that my contact at EA isn't there anymore... Crap! NEED ACCESS AT E3.

lol ok AAA industry ok.. most major sales occur in the first 8 weeks of a game launching and almost every major AAA game is launching in October, nd if not October then late September or early November. there will be some major loosers sales wise. no reason for anyone to go out and buy all those games in the short time thats left in 2014. although knowing Gaf someone on here probably will go out and buy every one of those games at launch day because they can .

BTW, EA DICE learn from Visceral and leak SW Battlefront footage asap!!

Leb

Well, they've put together an interesting cinematic package there, but it does little to wash the taste of the recent MP leak from our mouths. I mean, it's not even Visceral's fault or anything, but another $60+ to play a BF4 mod with fewer guns and fewer vehicles seems like a bridge too far.

rdrr gnr

I agree that the aesthetics are the same, but if the heist concept plays out completely differently than what we've seen in BF - which we don't know from the beta footage - then I'd say it is a new experience.

Sometimes you can write something off based on a beta... but sometimes you can't. You're citing primarily aesthetics/assets here as "fundamentals" but are sort of ignoring the elephant in the room when it comes to fundamentals, which are the objective modes.
When does a new objective mode or two warrant a full-priced release plus premium? Did those dog-tag modes in Call of Duty do it for you? They changed the dynamic of the gameplay, yet not enough to overcome complaints leveled at the game for feeling samey. That's what I got from all the leaked footage. Yes, we'll shootbang with new guns and have new maps to play, but I'm looking for more of a departure in a spin-off. And the aesthetic goes a long way in that. Bad Company didn't have this problem; BC had its own identity. It's just that BF3 looked a certain way and BF4 looked a lot like BF3 and now BF:H looks like BF4 and so on. The SP is likely to be improved as anyone can do SP better than DICE and MP also will likely be better (not saying much), but I guess it's a matter of degree for me.

And I can't remember ever playing a beta for which the final product was unrecognizable or changed my perceptions in retrospect. Betas really are representative. They're just rougher around the edges.

I still have a tough time seeing cop vs robbers in a BF setting. A couple hundred soldiers run to their deaths in a typical BF match, along with a few dozen helicopters/tanks etc. No bank heist is going to have a 100 criminals charging to their deaths. Other than that BF has guns, nothing about it fits with a smaller scale 'heist' dynamic.

All that said, a re-skinned Battlefield is probably still fun.

rdrr gnr

I still have a tough time seeing cop vs robbers in a BF setting. A couple hundred soldiers run to their deaths in a typical BF match, along with a few dozen helicopters/tanks etc. No bank heist is going to have a 100 criminals charging to their deaths. Other than that BF has guns, nothing about it fits with a smaller scale 'heist' dynamic.

All that said, a re-skinned Battlefield is probably still fun.
Do we have a player count? Or are we still sticking with the "no less than 64 players is acceptable" horseshit?

That's a good question. I'll go and ask the local cops who move around in jets, helicopters and tanks.

Almost guarantee plot will be something along the lines of:
"In the near future, when the crime rate in LA is rapidly increasing because of [insert enemy leader (who happens to be a rich guy in the end) or group here], the LAPD step in to bring peace to the streets by any means necessary.

I do think it looks pretty cool though.

No. BF4's destruction is objectivity better than BC2's. It has full destruction on buildings with most able to collapse, micro destruction on walls pillars etc, levolution, and full terrain deformation. There are a lot of debatable arguments you could make about BC2 being better but that is not one of them.

HowZatOZ

Banned
No. BF4's destruction is objectivity better than BC2's. It has full destruction on buildings with most able to collapse, micro destruction on walls pillars etc, levolution, and full terrain deformation. There are a lot of debatable arguments you could make about BC2 being better but that is not one of them.

I'd argue BC2 had far more building destruction, and you could level an entire playing field where as Battlefield 4 will keep certain structures in-tact. Each to their own though, I personally prefered BC2 over BF3/BF4 purely due to the art style and more enjoyable flight mechanics.

Top Bottom