• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV May 24 update adds survey to title screen regarding future updates

"For future updates, what would you guys like to see?"

....For you to move on from FFXV and concentrate on FFXVI.

seriously! squeenix just needs to suck it up, drop this endless messing around with this damn game, & move on. such a friggin' waste of effort/resources at this point...

Gbraga

God the turn around from "a mostly good game with a poorly told story" to "obviously the worst thing ever" sure didn't take long for a lot of gaffers.

Also to those saying "why bother"... It couldn't have to do with the fact that they've still got at least 3 pieces of DLC they still have to deliver for people who bought the season pass could it? :p

I don't think there was much of a turn around, it's just tiresome to discuss this game on GAF if you're not interested in shitting on it all the time.

It's always the same people saying the same things every thread. I'm only posting because I saw your post, the plan was just to read the thread, not reply anything and move on.

There was a thread asking people if they understood the story in XV, and I decided I shouldn't even read it, because it clearly wasn't for me, then another one was made for XIII and it was full of the same posts shitting on XV over and over again. People who dislike things just can't let go. I'm not immune to it myself, I hold my gaming grudges too, it's normal.

So I bet there are still a few of us who think it's a good game. I'll wait for the PC version to play the DLC, though.

Mendrox

Simply because hyperbolic posters such as yourself come and 'talk smack' with inflated garbage posts like 'piece of shit' 'turd' etc., not to mention the drive-by posts just for a chuckle so they can share the negative hive-mind and look cool doing it. This shit really gets old. If these people would start talking like mature human beings then we would be able to have a better discussion.

In the opinion of a decent number of people, the game is pretty good (it's my 3rd favorite Final Fantasy, for example). I know some people don't like it, and that's cool. But the kind of posts we get here in FFXV threads are bottom of the barrel, worse than Youtube comments. So it just becomes a really sour experience when people behave in this manner. If you want to add to quality discussion, then that would help improve this situation.

It's not that people have to like it, it's the stupid drive-by posts that pile up in every FF XV thread. I usually stay away from these threads completely because I just get sick of seeing them. But sometimes it's time to confront it. If you don't like the game, that's fine, really. But popping into the thread to say some sarcastic quip about how the game is trash, long dev cycle, polishing a turd, etc. doesn't help anything and only makes the community vibe really toxic. It happens every thread, as if these people forget they already said it the last time an FF XV thread popped up.

I bought the collectors edition, was one of the first to complete it on stream, tried to find more story with all the story dip media content and posted more than once what is wrong with this piece of shit. The games story, Luna, the gameplay system (you cannot die, easily spam heal magic or potions, really even timed quests are like this) I had more than enough time to think about the whole game and even gave them two patches to fix some bad stuff, guess what? They didnt. So yeah my point stands so dont try to attack me from the side just because you think it is a good game. Top three final fantasy? That says all about your opinion seriously. It is nice to look at and has some neat things with the group but also the world is utter shit and just there. I could go on, but more power to you.

Nesther

Episode Gladiolus was neato, it'd be cool for them to integrate the episodes into the main game. Maybe down the line once all of them are out? Although if the others don't fit into the main games timeline that'd be basically impossible, besides using flashbacks and such.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
I just hit chapter 5 in the game and overall I like it. The gameplay is really solid. But unfortunally can't say the same about the story, the thing is the events that have happened till this point are so fuckin weird. Nothing makes any sense, especially how characters react to the situations that just happened. And a lot of random stuff just happens left and right with no real follow up. It's like they just shoehorned a story into an already existing game. Hopefully they somehow managed to salvage this story in the rest of the game.

Ferr986

I bought the collectors edition, was one of the first to complete it on stream, tried to find more story with all the story dip media content and posted more than once what is wrong with this piece of shit. The games story, Luna, the gameplay system (you cannot die, easily spam heal magic or potions, really even timed quests are like this) I had more than enough time to think about the whole game and even gave them two patches to fix some bad stuff, guess what? They didnt. So yeah my point stands so dont try to attack me from the side just because you think it is a good game. Top three final fantasy? That says all about your opinion seriously. It is nice to look at and has some neat things with the group but also the world is utter shit and just there. I could go on, but more power to you.

Honestly it feels more about you attacking people and not otherwise with the "how people can defend this turd" or "that says all about your opinion".

You didn't like it, fine, I understand, there's a lot of wrong with the game, but there's also good stuff and a lot of people clearly enjoyed despise it's shortcoming.

All in all it's cool that you didn't like it and I agree with some of these problems but I fail to see the reason to have these kind of posts in every XV thread, especially posts asking "why people cant like this turd" and straight hyperbolic or offensive. I think we are all here old enough to know people can like different things.

I hope one of the options is "Stop trying to polish a turd and just move on."
I wish GAF wasn't so hyperbolic. Shit is always either GOTY material or just trash.

FFXV has it's problems but I still loved it enough to Platinum it (something I've never done for any FF since they started to release them with trophies). FFXV is a good, but flawed, game.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Honestly it feels more about you attacking people and not otherwise with the "how people can defend this turd" or "that says all about your opinion".

You didn't like it, fine, I understand, there's a lot of wrong with the game, but there's also good stuff and a lot of people clearly enjoyed despise it's shortcoming.

All in all it's cool that you didn't like it and I agree with some of these problems but I fail to see the reason to have these kind of posts in every XV thread, especially posts asking "why people cant like this turd" and straight hyperbolic or offensive. I think we are all here old enough to know people can like different things.

If you look at the thread, the Milkbeard made it more confrontational than Mendrox with his first few sentences... Just heads up.

Skulldead

Adjust, the freaking item spamming healing thing, put a timer or something to prevent spamming . This not hard to implement and it would totally change the combat dynamic. The game would past to easy as pie -> pretty challenging. I'm surprise like 8 month later nothing was made for this, one the worse game design.

Ferr986

If you look at the thread, the Milkbeard made it more confrontational than Mendrox with his first few sentences... Just heads up.

That's because Millkbeard quoted his post so he referred to Mendrox, instead of the generalized "People still defend this turd". At the end both are confrontational but one was posted first, and it's more common in all XV threads than the other (that doesn't mean one is more right than the other though, of course).

kayos90

That's because Millkbeard quoted his post so he referred to Mendrox, instead of the generalized "People still defend this turd". At the end both are confrontational but one was posted first, and it's more common in all XV threads than the other.

One poster seems like it's referring to the product and the other the actual player. What do I know though.

Arkeband

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;237778572 said:
XV threads have been filled with constant shitposts (from the same people) for quite some time now but they're allowed to for some reason so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Negative, well reasoned opinions != shitposts

"I liked it so there" is more of a shitpost than most of the negativity I read about FFXV

I just hit chapter 5 in the game and overall I like it. The gameplay is really solid. But unfortunally can't say the same about the story, the thing is the events that have happened till this point are so fuckin weird. Nothing makes any sense, especially how characters react to the situations that just happened. And a lot of random stuff just happens left and right with no real follow up. It's like they just shoehorned a story into an already existing game. Hopefully they somehow managed to salvage this story in the rest of the game.

Considering the first 5 chapters are the most polished and finished..

kayos90

"I liked it so there" is more of a shitpost than most of the negativity I read about FFXV

I agree with this. I also believe that people who complain about supposed shitposters are the real problem since most of the time they're not presenting a well reasoned or argued post.

Toth

It's fine to hate or dislike FFXV but this news is about fans being able to have a voice about future updates for the game. If you dislike the game and have no plans playing it again, your opinion on the game is not relevant to the topic at hand.

Damn, ya'll grilling like you're Ignis!

It's great that this game has gotten so much post launch support, yet it's met with so much negativity. :(

Maybe because its pretty clear that the game wasn't properly playtested and we paid 60$ to beta test a freaking Final Fantasy game of all things?

FF used to be the gold standard of gold standards through multiple console generations and now its just a high budget C tier JRPG. Square Enix seriously needs to learn to stop just throwing so much damn money into visuals and remember why people fell in love with this series in the first place. The story, the characters, the unique interesting worlds, and the various battle systems.

What FF didn't need was to try to be something its not, it didn't need a bland open world that feels lifeless and empty thats Ubisofts thing, it didn't need to try and make an action RPG combat system they already do that in Kingdom Hearts and it plays a thousand times better then FF15 does, It didn't need to have an anime, movie, ect to tell the fucking story thats what the damn game is for!

It needed to expand its cast of characters besides the 4 bros, it needed Luna to either not be written in a completely awful way or have used Stella, It needed to think beyond what is popular in the medium right now in other genres and series and think how can they bring the Final Fantasy series forward.

I think there is a very fair comparison you can make between Nintendo and Zelda BotW and SE and FF15, SE looked at what was popular and interesting (open worlds, action based battle systems) and changed Final Fantasy to fit into those things. Nintendo looked at what was popular (open worlds, open world combat) and decided to not only fit that into Zelda and make it work in their own way but also how to make those things better.

I wanted to love FF15, I waited every freaking year for new information on Versus and literally jumped out of my chair when I saw the trailer and at the end it showing Versus XIII changed into XV but what they sold us was a god damn mess that they are still trying to figure out what the hell they did wrong despite it being a clear commercial success.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
People who dislike things just can't let go. I'm not immune to it myself, I hold my gaming grudges too, it's normal.

Holding grudges against video games isn't normal, breh. It's way too hard for some people here to just ignore shit they have no interest in.

A lot of well reasoned opinions in here.

When will they patch in the story

"For future updates, what would you guys like to see?"

I hope one of the options is "Stop trying to polish a turd and just move on."

so when we will be able to play the game finally

People still defend this piece of shit. Also the patches except for the added music were ass too. First DLC was just okay because of the soundtrack and price for it. Timed quests? lol Story pieces added? useless. Let the 70% of the staff rather take a long vacation than wasting time.

From pre alpha to open beta.

Please Square
Just move on
I dont want to keep hearing about this unfinished game

jennetics

Which part of

Does it have a story yet?

Haha, so I'm not the only one who was thinking this. :p

I can't believe this game isn't finished yet. So glad I haven't picked it up.

was well reasoned? Inaba's probably not against people having opinions of the game (neither am I), but all these posts (of which are from the very first page) would be considered shitposts imo. And obviously there are some well reasoned takes on the game, but those are rare sights in a FFXV thread.

FFXV had tons of problems, but people enjoyed it. You saying other people drive-by praising it is as much of a shitpost as other negative posts doesn't negate the fact that people are so freaking hostile to anything FFXV related.

Mendrox

I am just still hurt and disappointed what Square Enix brought us after FFXIII. I wished they would have gone back to their roots a bit. I think many people that drive by shitpost like me are just still disappointed in what happened with their beloved franchise. I guess I should just let go and let the franchise go and dont get hyped for the next one too because i had such a good time back then with the older games. That is the problem for many people and why so many people try to vent in any thread about this game because they cant believe people love or like this game after this story. There are even threads where people ask if they understood the story. That never happened before FFXIII and it happened again and was even worse with scenes getting cut off or just not explained. I think there could have been a good story in the game. Hell even the secret dungeon is the whole explaination about the start of the whole thing if you read through some articles that Analyse that dungeon. It was suppose to be more and it failed for many of us. I can summarize the whole game in way less sentences than any other FF except 1 (hypebole maybe but just thinking about any mainline game and it's alot less)

If there is the option in the survey for:

Add scene after chapter 3, 4
Add DLC directly to the Main Story
Add guest characters without DLC
Rebalance the gameplay (no potion abusing, better balance in fights)
More good quests ala Witcher 3 and not damn fetch quests
More Noodle Cup quests
Integrate the secret dungeon into the story
Change the kings weapon hunt
Give Luna more scenes
Give us Tenebrae
Let us finally drive the car anywhere
Let us change characters
Give us better monster hunts
Explain the Imperium and the antagonist which there were and dont just forget two of them
Etc

Then I will gladly fill it out, but they wont do anything and for many it's too late.

Marcel

I enjoyed this game for what it was (warts and all) and I also enjoy GAF getting so wound up about it still getting support.

Twookie

lol

There's a few well reasoned opinions as to why said posters don't like or like the game, but are you really pretending there aren't a lot of shitposts in these types of threads?

Even from both "sides" of the argument there are a lot of shitposts with zero reasoning about what they think about the game.

Episode Gladiolus was neato, it'd be cool for them to integrate the episodes into the main game. Maybe down the line once all of them are out? Although if the others don't fit into the main games timeline that'd be basically impossible, besides using flashbacks and such.
It seems deceptively easy to add them in that way.

Gladiolus mentions having to go off, and then you can just follow him and do his episode before cutting back to the main game, then continue on until you meet up with him at the reactor plant.

There's any number of chapter breaks with Noctis where you could transition to episode Prompto.

If Episode Ignis takes place after the Leviathan fight, the pacing might be significantly harder to fit him in, but he can probably recount his story at a campsite or something.

This is all just fodder to make a second playthrough more rich and complete. Basically, if I could copy and paste the rumored cut content into the survey, that's all I want.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It's kind of embarrassing how many people here either a) don't understand basic game development or b) they do and decided to troll the thread with nonsense instead.

These updates have absolutely zero impact on FFXVI. None. It it a very small team of people doing this and they would not magically be working on some new long-awaited game otherwise.

XV is a very popular game that far more people like than dislike. If you don't like it, that's fine. But get the hell over it. It doesn't impact you that these updates exist.

People still defend this piece of shit.

Well, considering your opinion that the game is "shit" is actually that of a very small minority of people, that's probably why.

It seems deceptively easy to add them in that way.

Wait, they aren't added to the main game currently? I just assumed the menu selection was for those who didn't want to replay the game for a DLC, but you are telling me the DLC doesn't happen in the main game as Gladio says he needs to head off?

Holding grudges against video games isn't normal, breh. It's way too hard for some people here to just ignore shit they have no interest in.

A lot of well reasoned opinions in here.

Which part of

was well reasoned? Inaba's probably not against people having opinions of the game (neither am I), but all these posts (of which are from the very first page) would be considered shitposts imo. And obviously there are some well reasoned takes on the game, but those are rare sights in a FFXV thread.

FFXV had tons of problems, but people enjoyed it. You saying other people drive-by praising it is as much of a shitpost as other negative posts doesn't negate the fact that people are so freaking hostile to anything FFXV related.

Exactly. Im all for people having actual discussion about the game. It has very real and glarring flaws and criticism is good. However, just dropping in the thread to say shit like "HEY THEY'RE FINALLY GOING INTO BETA FROM ALPHA LOLOLOL" is dumb.

Mendrox

It's kind of embarrassing how many people here either a) don't understand basic game development or b) they do and decided to troll the thread with nonsense instead.

These updates have absolutely zero impact on FFXVI. None. It it a very small team of people doing this and they would not magically be working on some new long-awaited game otherwise.

XV is a very popular game that far more people like than dislike. If you don't like it, that's fine. But get the hell over it. It doesn't impact you that these updates exist.

Well, considering your opinion that the game is "shit" is actually that of a very small minority of people, that's probably why.

Yeah no, I dont really think so anymore. Also see my other posts. And see the other posts. But I also posted what I would want in the survey so there is that.

I enjoyed FFXV when it came out (they nailed the final hour or so of the game) but the further I get from it the less I like it.

These updates are super tiny, so I simultaneously think it's silly to worry that they're drawing resources away from FFXVI/other projects and think they're insufficient to actually regain my attention. Especially the new timed-quests framework asks me to play a game I've already Platinumed/maxed out way too often for way too little reward.

Marcel

What the hell are these responses? Why does this bother you? What is happening in this thread?

SMH at all of the shitposting.

They're still sore that it was a success regardless of their feelings about it after all this time. You just have to laugh at people like that.

LordKasual

Banned
I still don't get why the sales were so high.
Does it have a story yet?

salty shitpost brigade in full swing baby

Yeah no, I dont really think so anymore. Also see my other posts. And see the other posts. But I also posted what I would want in the survey so there is that.

What you think is irrelevant tbh.

The idea that this game was a commercial or critical failure is just wishful haterade at this point

Kyzer

Banned
Idk guys i gotta say im a huge ff fan i enjoyed xvs battle system and leveling and music but holy shit was it bad otherwise. And if you wanna know why i might be inclined to mention this so often its because it was that disappointing and terrible to me. Its hard not to hyperbolize, I think its like kanye albums or mgs titles. Its all so subjective and theres layers to it, some people prioritize other things and certain aspects will resonate while others dont and it wont be the same for different people. To some people the story and pacing dont matter and all they ever wanted was an open sandbox ff with lots of quests so this was amazing. To others those are some of the most important aspects so it was a shitty game. Overall i can see where everyone is coming from, but unlike mgsv for example, this time im on the "i expected much more" side of camp

While I enjoyed my time with FFXV, being reminded that this game will continue to get plenty of love and support from SE on the same day that IOI is going through layoffs is pretty rough. So, I'm salty as fuck at SE, but only tangentially related to this.

Mendrox

salty shitpost brigade in full swing baby

What you think is irrelevant tbh.

The idea that this game was a commercial or critical failure is just wishful haterade at this point

Lol so why should I care about your post? Tbh I posted the problems and what I wanted them to add though the survey so get away from me. Horrible.

Also of course it was a success. It's final fantasy. I would have been surprised if it wouldnt have been a success and I am glad they got their money after all these years of development and I am thankful that Final Fantasy will still be made.

So what would you add through the survey? You havent been on point too so you are not that better than all the other posters.

Marcel

While I enjoyed my time with FFXV, being reminded that this game will continue to get plenty of love and support from SE on the same day that IOI is going through layoffs is pretty rough. So, I'm salty as fuck at SE, but only tangentially related to this.

IO Interactive downsizing and post-launch support for FFXV have functionally nothing to do with each other other than that you read it on the same day. Find a better reason for your trip to the salt mines.

image.php

I saw this was on sale yesterday and considered picking it up since it's been six months and the story stuff seems far off. Then I saw this and.. nope!

Top Bottom