• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Police Easily Startled" Warning Signs Appear in Twin Cities

Or its that I don't need to reply to these people from what I've already stated? Who are you to judge me? Whats your profession btw?
Come on man just call it a day. We just need it cool our heads for a bit. Arguing about this won't help at all. It'll only cause more anger.

There are other threads that would discuss things that are easier to talk about. You can believe what you want to believe but right now many are against you in this thread. The subject at hand has been going through some negative news because of officers who aren't doing the right thing. One hopes that they'll work towards becoming a better police force.

Besides, we all need improvements to be better than what we were before.

PsychBat!

Banned
Or its that I don't need to reply to these people from what I've already stated? Who are you to judge me?

Don't care about the sign. Just the "**** the police" and "all cops" stuff that's thrown around but the same rules don't apply.

Carry on all.
alrighty then

fuck the police

Its brilliant. The way people we talk about police in the US is like they're bears or some other kind of wild animal that you need to approach very carefully and where one wrong move will cost you your life.

It seems like too many officers join the police force for the wrong reasons and the kind of easily startled individuals don't end up being filtered through the hiring process.

FUME5

Or its that I don't need to reply to these people from what I've already stated? Who are you to judge me?

Don't care about the sign. Just the "**** the police" and "all cops" stuff that's thrown around but the same rules don't apply.

Carry on all.

EDIT

Fuck it, pointless to continue.

I hope you are, as you have stated, a man of integrity, because fuck knows we need more of them, no matter their role in society, but especially when they are in positions of authority.

Enzom21

Don't apply to what? Finish your sentences.

05506747cea2931f48d57ae440cb0d1f.gif

Good luck getting an answer.

cdyhybrid

They need to put one that say "Caution! Don't disturb the cops".

I moved to the US about 5 year ago (legally, got a VISA, work permit, hire by a company, all that jazz). The very second day after I arrive, I was walking in downtown Seattle. MF Seattle!. My phone was still under a Mexican carrier, so I didn't had all the jazzy stuff (maps, internet and whatnot), so I was using a map plus some notes. I was looking for a specif street, and I saw a police officer standing near a corner. Being SEATTLE (supposedly inclusive city) I though I would get some help.

Was I wrong. I walked over to the police officer, and I just go to say "Excuse me, sir, officer" before he turned, looked at me, and in the most insolent tone, said "I don't speak taco", before turning away and start walking. I almost spout the triple PPP, but then I remember all the paisanos shot down in the previous years, so I kept my mouth shout.

I haven't even get near a cop since then.

That doesn't surprise me at all. SPD is terrible.

J-Rzez

Come on man just call it a day. We just need it cool our heads for a bit. Arguing about this won't help at all. It'll only cause more anger.

There are other threads that would discuss things that are easier to talk about. You can believe what you want to believe but right now many are against you in this thread. The subject at hand has been going through some negative news because of officers who aren't doing the right thing. One hopes that they'll work towards becoming a better police force.

Besides, we all need improvements to be better than what we were before.

Agreed,improvements all around are needed. :)

akira28

Don't apply to what? Finish your sentences.

people shouldn't be allowed to say bad things about the police, etc. etc. nothing new. you know the 'liberal hive mind anti-cop commie hugbox' meme. if this place was American, saying bad things about the police would be on par with racism and personal insults.

Because the police are so good. Yes they are. You better believe it. Especially if you're a member of the police, because otherwise the cognitive dissonance on top of all the other mental bullshit you have to deal with would kill you. So you become a true believer who never hesitates and always has justification, because at the nut of it, you're scared little human who wants to come home to their warm beds after work.

Police work isn't a goddamn trade occupation. But that's what we have here. the equivalent of bakers and watchmen with guns serving and protecting whoever pays the bills.

'how can he say that?' 'just a bitter liberal who doesn't know anything' 'hates america, hates the police, anti-police raceist.' no... look at systems, inefficiency that creeps into a system over time, and a system that was built and based on corrupt premises(if you are being honest). A system that is resistant not only to change, but correction, and even honest diagnosis, it hides its internal workings from the ones who are supposed to fix it, and that's just a 3 cent synopsis of the fundamental flaws in this American police system people insist on defending to the death. Why? fear and denial, with a caramel center of racism. someone has to maintain this "order" that serves us all so well.

we need civil protectors and people who serve justice. not just an army of GI Blues. This 'war on crime' methodology has only worked to create a money making complex that "manages" crime, criminal acts, and criminal agents. If they wanted to be more direct they may as well just put the crooks on the payroll as well. Like a sales person might have some sweet incentives for their sources and their clients. you think I'm joking, but Crime, Inc is a multi-billion dollar industry that employs hundreds of thousands of people, lobbies every elected official, and affects many facets of American life whether you're aware of it or not.

A few years ago, I remember being really confused by my American friend who studied criminology but refused to work for the police. I now understand why he felt that way.

Man, fuck your cops.

Mael

Can I get J-Rzez's reply to multiple posters encounters with various police forces?
I mean I read the whole thread and I don't see where they apply.

All I'm saying is that IA is a real thing, departments are terrified for their jobs/reputation. If you think nothing is done of this stuff, youre delusional at best.
That's why all the big cases about racist cops killing black people get sent to jail, right? Oh wait...they get a slap on the wrist with a little suspension.

You being a cop and with such ignorant beliefs is kind of terrifying.

Not sure if you are being serious
This childish logic is so fucking stupid because there are cases when cops do the right thing, and are punished for it. These good cops stay silent because they have families to take care of, they would no longer be able to rely on backup when they call and that is if they keep there jobs.
If a cops was to arrest there collegues, they would be fired, there collegues would be set free and they would probably get harrassed if by some miracle they keep there jobs. And what does that result in? One less responsible cop on the force and is replaced with potentially another bad cop.

I leave this post her, I would say this man was a good cop, he did the right thing and got fucked over for it.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ny...-rat-police-brutality-claim-article-1.2077632

So their jobs > other people's lives

Top Bottom