• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 8 |OT| Top 25 Coug'd it. Or is it Clemsoning?

I still refuse to believe semen can clog plumbing pipes. There was probably a backup, and they did a culture on the water and found it contained semen, so they determined that was the problem. When the reality is its probably the accumulation of foreign objects people stupidly throw down the toilet like feminine products, Q-tips, condoms, and weed.

To the last example, I toured a water treatment plant last year and as you know thats where all the sewage ends up in your town, and thats also where all the foreign objects flushed end up. Most of the stuff that ends up there is pretty gross but they have found jewelry before including wedding rings. Also, sometimes marijuana plants will grow at the treatment plant because when weed gets flushed down the toilet it travels to the treatment plant and gets dumped in a mini-landfill that has grass for it to grow. There were a couple of sprouting marijuana plants the guide pointed out to me when I was on the tour.

My favorite part of the meltdown:

sm4gfq5wiplx.gif

The puppy blowing up made me cackle lmfao

What are the odds that Michigan can beat Pedo State?

Minimal IMO. Penn State will score some points. I imagine Michigan struggles to reach the end zone practicing against air at this point. They're just bad.

ryseing

Somewhere in the Southeast, Paul Finebaum reclines in his chair, taking a sip of wine as the sound of thousands of cheering Syracuse fans echoes from his television, the only light illuminating the room. He stands up, and makes his way to the balcony, gazing at the moon longingly. A smile begins to stretch across his face, and with a chuckle, he whispers to himself "It just means more."

I saw this in the Reddit postgame thread and needless to say I am stoked it made the Meltdown.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Pac 12 Refs. The decision making is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical flags most of the calls will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also a ref's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from UNC literature classes, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these calls, to realise that they’re not just odd- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Pac 12 Refs truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Ref's existential catchphrase “Pass Interference,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Glasses Ref’s 2009 epic Flags and Fouls. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Larry Scott’s genius plans to fold the conference unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Pac 12 Ref tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Someone adapted this for Butch and Vols fans and it was much better.

Saquon Barkley has 102 carries for 649 yards and 6 TDs. Damien Harris has 68 carries for 625 yards and 9 TDs.

Mayhaps Harris makes like Derrick Henry did and steals the thunder of the Heisman frontrunning RB that isn't even playing as well as he is 🤔

cdyhybrid

Saquon Barkley has 102 carries for 649 yards and 6 TDs. Damien Harris has 68 carries for 625 yards and 9 TDs.

Mayhaps Harris makes like Derrick Henry did and steals the thunder of the Heisman frontrunning RB that isn't even playing as well as he is 🤔
The dude that broke one of the most hallowed records in college football wasn't playing as well?

The dude that broke one of the most hallowed records in college football wasn't playing as well?

You're talking about Derrick breaking Herschel Walker's record? Don't remember Fournette breaking one that year. He was the favorite right up until he ran for like 10 yards on Alabama while Derrick ran for around 200.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

I was wondering why Buck started bringing up Barkley numbers in relation to other CFB RB's, leading to a bunch of stat posting about RB's and which teams limit their RB's because of split carries.

2015 Heisman was a sham in my opinion. Henry is a great player and running back but he had I think the 2nd worst YPC out of the top 10 running backs that year, and he also had to carry the ball almost 400 times to get the output he had. He was also dead last in the top 10 for total yards per play from scrimmage. He did have the highest TD total in the top 10 by 5 I believe over Zeke and I think it was Fournette. It is what it is obviously, but the Heisman is just a complete who gives a shit at this point.

As for this year that Stanford dude, and Mayfield should be the front runners in my opinion. Mayfield can't help that his defense sucks, but he still puts up the numbers he needs to.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
2015 Heisman was a sham in my opinion. Henry is a great player and running back but he had I think the 2nd worst YPC out of the top 10 running backs that year, and he also had to carry the ball almost 400 times to get the output he had. He was also dead last in the top 10 for total yards per play from scrimmage. He did have the highest TD total in the top 10 by 5 I believe over Zeke and I think it was Fournette. It is what it is obviously, but the Heisman is just a complete who gives a shit at this point.

As for this year that Stanford dude, and Mayfield should be the front runners in my opinion. Mayfield can't help that his defense sucks, but he still puts up the numbers he needs to.

This is a strange sentence to say. Also, if I understand your point, is also incorrect. The Utah player is at 5.2, and there's a SJSU player with a tie at 5.7. I'm sorry that Lane Kiffkins was the OC, and he neglected to throw the ball to the RB's.

Touchdowns should be weighted heavily, as they are how you win the game (according to Butch Jones)

This is a strange sentence to say. Also, if I understand your point, is also incorrect. The Utah player is at 5.2, and there's a SJSU player with a tie at 5.7. I'm sorry that Lane Kiffkins was the OC, and he neglected to throw the ball to the RB's.

Touchdowns should be weighted heavily, as they are how you win the game (according to Butch Jones)

If you change stats around for each one sure, but I am going by leaders in rushing yardage as the stat they are ranked by. I agree touchdowns do matter, and I said he had the most among those top 10 running backs by 5. My problem with him winning was the fact that he had almost 400 rushes to get those numbers were most others were far below.

Henry also routinely had to make something out of nothing behind an offensive line that gave up more negative plays than most any team in the country (and may have been dead last, but I can't remember). His yards after contact were unreal, as was his ability to stay healthy all year despite taking on a humongous workload while actually getting better the more carries he got.

Love should be the front runner. I'd give Mayfield more of a tip of the hat if he hadn't been partially responsible for the Iowa State loss. Sometimes his backyard football antics are drive-killers. If voters cared all that much about QB's not doubling as fixes for shitty defensive efforts, Lamar wouldn't have won last year.

Back in my day at Rice we had a serial masturbator terrorizing the north colleges. Women would see him doing his thing just outside the glass windows. I can't remember if he was a student or just some bum.

That sounds about right. Either a mentally ill homeless person (of which there are many in the area), or some overenthusiatic Baker 13 participant.

Think you're the only other person I've seen on GAF that's a Rice alumnus lol 👋🏾

ag-my001

Happened to flip on the tv just in time to see the A&M touchdown that was called back against Florida. People have been giving Christian Kirk a hard time for lining up wrong, but it was actually the receiver on the other side backing off the line and going into motion that did it. The motion left no one on that side, making the tackle eligible and Kirk an ineligible receiver. Unless the plan was for Kirk to tie up a DB and safety by standing still.

The next play where the ball bounced off of his hands in the end zone was all on him.

The things you can bicker about knowing that your team managed to comeback and win.

Rigbones

Neo Member
If someone in the SEC East could please step up and not be total garbage and take down Georgia soon that would be very much appreciated.

... or Auburn?

FML

Rvaan

Banned
If someone in the SEC East could please step up and not be total garbage and take down Georgia soon that would be very much appreciated.

... or Auburn?

FML

Kentucky slowly steps forward with shaky legs and with a tremble in their voice says "O...o...okay."

What National Championship team do you believe didn't deserve to make it to the championship game?

My vote goes to 2007 LSU.

Blows my mind they got elected to the championship game after losing to an unranked Arkansas team in Death Valley in over time the last week of the season, As well as losing to Kentucky in triple overtime.

Agreed, USC was a far better team that year

Not sure who you root for, but I'm glad we are doing well so far this year.

Aren't they 5-1?

@Southern Miss W 24-17
E Kentucky W 27-16
@South Carolina W 23-13
#20 Florida L 28-27
E Michigan W 24-20
Missouri W 40-34

They have played 3 non conference cupcakes and 3 SEC Least opponents. Texas would have gone 5-1 with that schedule

@Southern Miss W 24-17
E Kentucky W 27-16
@South Carolina W 23-13
#20 Florida L 28-27
E Michigan W 24-20
Missouri W 40-34

They have played 3 non conference cupcakes and 3 SEC Least opponents. Texas would have gone 5-1 with that schedule

Maryland scored 51 points on y'all. Nigga, please.

cdyhybrid

Stanford is a west coast team. Mug wouldn't have been awake to see him play.
That's why he didn't win the Heisman. 55% of his yards that season came in games that kicked off after 10pm Eastern.

Not to say Henry didn't have a Heisman-worthy season as well.

The last time Michigan won a true road game against a team that finished with fewer than 5 losses was Illinois in 2007.

😳😳😳

cdyhybrid

Maybe if he handles his business against the tough obstacle that is Northwestern, Stanford is a natty contender and he draws more votes.

Jesus Christ.
By that logic Tebow should never have won his Heisman. (In addition to Lamar Jackson and a bunch of other guys)

If you want to argue that it should be that way, that's fair, but it ain't that way.

Top Bottom