• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek: Discovery |OT| To Boldly Stream Where No One Has Streamed Before

Kimaka

This is the first Trek show that I will watch while it's airing. Please be good. At least be better than Voyager.

pigeon

Banned
Brief message from ivysaur, a poster who used to post in TV-GAF a lot:

ivysaur said:
Hey guys, this is ivy. I used to post a lot, and then stopped, for a number of reasons. One of them is because I felt like I needed to retreat and not post about the shows that I work on . I'm only forwarding this message because I was on Discovery from about the beginning to close to the end of the season, and it's been a huge process and a significant part of my life and wanted to talk briefly about it in the most non-spoilery way possible.

I'm so happy you guys (and, frankly, everyone) can finally see the show. I'm personally really proud of it and think the final product is really fantastic (again, understanding all the biases that come with creating something like this). It's rare to work on something that you actually believe in creatively, and I've been pretty lucky in that regard throughout the past few years and now, but Disco is something super special and I really hope you guys enjoy what we created.

Also the showrunners fucking rule and I think you guys are going to be really surprised by Aaron and Gretchen. I love them (and the entire team) so much and I'm in awe of everyone's talents. Peace out, Qapla', Live Long and Prosper, etc.

Magnus

For Canadians, the CraveTV availability is actually the day following the Sunday broadcast, unfortunately. It's still day/date with the States on Space.

I'm not sure if Netflix will always be a day behind too.

AndersK

Man, if Isaacs dies in like an episode or two.

giphy.gif

lawnchair

Banned
that picture showing the profile of the ship with the guy standing on it is weird. is the ship really that small? like, is the front section there only 11ish feet tall as it appears?

Ri'Orius

I'm interested, but no way I'm paying for another subscription service just for this. I'll either catch it on Netflix, or binge it during a free month, or just keep watching The Orville.

Kevin

Got a message back from the CBS All-Access. They said their platform supports 1080p. It looked terrible on my computer (which can stream 8K from Youtube) but I will try this on my PS4: Pro when I'm not at work and will let you know if it works better or not.

Z3M0G

Wait so Netflix IS getting it??? Im so confused... how can they plan to have it on their own service at the same time!?!

Oh... not in US or Canada?

Previous

check out my new Swatch
Please be good please be good please be good.

Still need to find my antenna to watch the premiere on cbs. I Haven't watched a second of actual TV in 6+ years, I wonder how dumb commercials have gotten.

TDLink

Don't even suggest it. He's great, so I really hope not.

Based on previous trailers though, I'm guessing that's exactly what happens with Michelle Yeoh (which I'm more okay with).

It's been a long road
Getting from there to here
It's been a long time
But my time is finally near
And I can feel the change in the wind right now
Nothing's in my way
And they're not gonna hold me down no more
No, they're not gonna hold me down

'Cause I've got faith of the heart
I'm going where my heart will take me
I've got faith to believe
I can do anything
I've got strength of the soul
And no one's gonna bend or break me
I can reach any star
I've got faith
I've got faith, faith of the heart

It's been a long night
Trying to find my way
Been through the darkness
Now I finally have my day
And I will see my dream come alive at last
I will touch the sky
And they're not gonna hold me down no more
No, they're not gonna change my mind

I can do anything
I can reach any star

I've known the wind so cold, I've seen the darkest days
But now the winds I feel, are only winds of change
I've been through the fire and I've been through the rain
But I'll be fine

I can do anything
I can reach any star

No one's gonna bend or break me
I can reach any star
I've got faith
It's been a long road

Kevin

UPDATE: Tried CBS All-Access on my PS4 and it looks like proper 1080p. Not sure what the issue was with the web browser streaming but the actual app works pretty well.

Wanted to let you guys know. I was wrong about the video quality. There is a one werk free trial if anyone wants to try it for episode 2 of the show this Sunday.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
How the hell has Doug Jones never been on Star Trek before, even as a guest star?

I hope this is good. I like what I've seen, except for the new Klingon looks. Like the cast, and the idea of two ships.

Him getting Ned Stark-ed wouldn't surprise me at all.

I still want a picture of him on the bridge, in costume, and in the Malfoy Wig

boingball

I am alternating between hype and zero expectations. Will resubscribe to Netflix for this (well, if it is bad there is Stranger Things Season 2).

squid

I find it really strange that they went for the TVMA US rating level. Feel like that might work for other shows but just doesn't suit trek. Enterprise tried to be a bit more edgy and push the boundaries a bit more at times, but it was awful and out of place every time they tried it. Discovery might just be going for a different, darker tone, but I feel like we already have plenty of that.

Oh well, will just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Top Bottom